• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is gamersyde the only place to download high quality trailers?

Veelk

Banned
I'm apparently weird for liking to actually download them so I can view them at the best quality possible, but it's what I like to do. Back when Apple let you download their trailers, I did the same thing with movies.

Gamersyde is good, but it's also limited. I tried downloading the PSX Uncharted 4 trailer, but they don't host it on servers anymore. No way for me to get it. I know I can watch nearly the same quality on streaming sites, but still...maybe someone knows where else you can get them?

TimPV3

I just installed an extension for Chrome that lets me download Youtube videos. I don't remember which one though.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm apparently weird for liking to actually download them so I can view them at the best quality possible, but it's what I like to do. Back when Apple let you download their trailers, I did the same thing with movies.

Gamersyde is good, but it's also limited. I tried downloading the PSX Uncharted 4 trailer, but they don't host it on servers anymore. No way for me to get it. I know I can watch nearly the same quality on streaming sites, but still...maybe someone knows where else you can get them?

It's not well explained (sorry about that), but if you log in you can download about any video from the past 10 years, except for the few months we lost last year :( in a RAID crash.
That UC4 video definitely is there.

Veelk

Banned
It's not well explained (sorry about that), but if you log in you can download about any video from the past 10 years, except for the few months we lost last year :( in a RAID crash.
That UC4 video definitely is there.

I see, thank you!

Can you explain why the torrent link is gone though? That would be much easier than a direct download, I would think.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I see, thank you!

Can you explain why the torrent link is gone though? That would be much easier than a direct download, I would think.

The seeding program I use chokes after a thousand torrents being seeded or so, so I have to clean up and restart it after few months. And since 99% of the torrents are dead if we don't seed it ourself, I don't really want to leave a torrent file available and have people never get their video.

Timu

Youtube quality is good at 1440p and 4k res at least...but for 1080p and lower it fails in that area.

Veelk

Banned
The seeding program I use chokes after a thousand torrents being seeded or so, so I have to clean up and restart it after few months. And since 99% of the torrents are dead if we don't seed it ourself, I don't really want to leave a torrent file available and have people never get their video.
I see. Well, thank you for the replies. They were very helpful

Youtube quality is good at 1440p and 4k res at least...but for 1080p and lower it fails in that area.

You can actually upscale a 1080p video to 4K as it allows you to upload that video in a higher bit-rate to Youtube. It will still look the same on a 1080p monitor, just higher quality than a native 1080p upload.

Top Bottom