• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hillary up for the biggest Presidential landslide victory in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

I get why people ask this, but it seems to happen a lot recently, and honestly, it sounds rather condescending.
Biggest landslide in history, though?

Maybe if it was phrased as a landslide win. That's on the OP's court to direct the discussion, not the posters.

People are just answering the question.

avaya

I really wonder about the debates. It would be a very different dynamic than the one Trump had against the extremely weak Republican field.

On the other hand, he might throw Clinton out of balance somehow because he's so unpredictable. It'll be interesting that's for sure.

She will murder him in the debates. Not that they will matter much in the end.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
you're a broken record of a duck's quack

Chinner has an alt?

I don't want to 'count chicken's' ect... but yes I think so. Trump has the uncanny ability to find his foot in his mouth after almost every 10th thing he says publicly. He's going to carry the white vote which has steadily been declining over the past 16 years. Maybe he'll get around mid 30% of the popular vote.

Izayoi

Banned
What logic is behind these "record low turnout" posts? If anything, I feel like Trump's toxicity will encourage people to get out and vote against him.

Edited by the department of redundancy department.

rjinaz

What logic is behind these "record low turnout" posts? If anything, I feel like Trump's toxicity will encourage people to get out and vote against him, if anything.

And first woman president. I think people are really discounting this. I want to vote for the first woman president, it's a story I will tell my grandchildren someday.

I wouldn't count trump out OP.

I would and do. No chance. Minorities are too important of a voting factor in 2016.

What logic is behind these "record low turnout" posts? If anything, I feel like Trump's toxicity will encourage people to get out and vote against him.

Its mostly closet Trump supporters concern trolling.

Seven in 10 Americans saw Donald Trump unfavorably in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll — up 10 points in just the past month to a new high since he announced his candidacy for president. But Hillary Clinton reached a new high for unfavorability as well, 55 percent.

The results illustrate the striking challenges facing both candidates, cementing their position as the two most unpopular presumptive major party nominees for president in ABC News/Washington Post polling dating to 1984.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-unfavorables-spike-clintons-challenged-poll/story?id=39856303

Alternatively, the opposite could also happen.

1OfrqV4.png

Pre-blaming Bernie for a theoretical Hillary loss when he has never supported the idea of running as a third candidate?

You know... I get it. He hurt your fee fees by postponing Yas Queen's slayathon for 5 minutes. But it's probably time to get over it.

With the recent favorability polls, many Republicans potentially staying home over choosing to vote for Trump, and even the slight possibility of historically red states like Utah going blue, I'm wondering if this is potentially the biggest gap in polls we'll see in history come this voting season?

I still feel strongly that we've only really seen a vocal minority pour support for Trump, and once the real voting wave comes in for the Presidential election, they'll be crushed into obscurity as well as having been exposed for supporting a racist.

But who is being exposed? You know voting is anonymous right?

Pre-blaming Bernie for a theoretical Hillary loss when he has never supported the idea of running as a third candidate?

You know... I get it. He hurt your fee fees by postponing Yas Queen's slayathon for 5 minutes. But it's probably time to get over it.

Um, Alucard is a hardcore Trump supporter, dude.

lol, I love how you assume he's a Hillary supporter. That's not his nightmare scenario, it's his dream scenario.

God I hope so. I don't just want Trump to lose, I want him to get smashed. America needs to send a clear message to him and his supporters that we don't want their vision of America and it'll never, ever fucking happen.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Given the abundance and variety of so many predictions and reasons for those predictions, it makes me question how "certain" any of us really are. What explains the abundance of explanations?

1. Too many uninformed people
  2. Too many over -informed people
  3. Not enough vespene gas data
  4. No one really knows and we're all just exhibiting varying degrees of cognitive dissonance/confirmation bias.

Can it be all of these at once? lol.

mo60

Poeple think hilary is not liked enough by a lot of people in the US to get people interested in voting for her.Some people don't recognize that trump is hated worse than her and can potentially scare people into voting against him. I think voter turnout will be up anywere between 2% and 10% in this election anyway.

She will murder him in the debates. Not that they will matter much in the end.

I hope so.

Because, i'm scare a lot ( as a Canadian ) of Trump.

Because Sanders pull out a big and good fight. So big, that his supporter seem to hate a loooooot Clinton.

I go a lot on Reddit/politics and i'm seen a big "Trump fans" uprising and Clinton hate comments.

Trumpist seem to get confidance and play on the hate of Clinton got.

While Trump continue to "put his foot in the mouth" he seem invisible against anything he said.

Exemple : John McCain said that Obama was responsible for Isis.
Then he take 2-3 days apolygy and correct his word.

Trump said the same things, but people/journalist almost act like : Well it's Trump, it's normal he act like that.

And btw, i'm "scare" because i'm pretty sure he will start a couple wars... And might try to use nuke. He is too egomaniac and wish to be in history book for something yuuuuuuuge.............

Trump is not winning.

Hillary will win by a huge margin but nowhere near Reagan..

I dunno man, he's getting love even from people here in Canada.... Mind you we've been pushed pretty right since Harper but I think the amount he connects with the voting base on the right shouldn't be ignored

mo60

I dunno man, he's getting love even from people here in Canada.... Mind you we've been pushed pretty right since Harper but I think the amount he connects with the voting base on the right shouldn't be ignored

There was a poll conducted awhile ago by a pollster in Canada about trump vs clinton and who canadians favoured and it showed him getting obliterated in every province.
Here's a link to the poll
http://abacusdata.ca/how-would-trump-do-in-canada-really-badly/

Some people like the guy in Canada, but a lot of people despise him.

Don't underestimate the power of mass stupidity.
I'm legitimately worried Trump may win. His "constituency" doesn't seem to be the type to participate in polls.

It's my understanding that he actually does better in polls. People are more likely to back a racist over the phone, but they back out at the last minute when they actually have to pull the lever for one.

TheFuzz

With the recent favorability polls, many Republicans potentially staying home over choosing to vote for Trump, and even the slight possibility of historically red states like Utah going blue, I'm wondering if this is potentially the biggest gap in polls we'll see in history come this voting season?

I still feel strongly that we've only really seen a vocal minority pour support for Trump, and once the real voting wave comes in for the Presidential election, they'll be crushed into obscurity as well as having been exposed for supporting a racist.

OP not into US history, eh?

I think this could be a pretty realistic scenario, especially if Trump has a good run up to the election.

forecastgen.jpg

I wouldn't say this is a pretty realistic scenario, so much as it is the ONLY scenario or path for Trump to win. Nothing else is possible.

Wisconsin, Virginia and Florida are probably the only two states that will matter this election. I think Trump even said he won't win if he doesn't flip Wisconsin

Point out 3 states where a Trump win on this map is laughably absurd.

spoiler alert:
there isn't
I'll give you one: Florida. Trump's not getting that with his negatives with Hispanics, and not with his terrible handling of Orlando. Just flip that by itself and that map no longer works, and that's being very nice to Trump and giving him Wisconsin, Virginia, and Iowa, which aren't going to happen on top of the very debatable Ohio. If neither McCain or Romney could win Florida, then Trump definitely isn't.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
A potential parallel would be the 64 elections where Republicans had the proto-Trump Barry Goldwater up for election:

1964_large.png

OK so this thread is still going

It will be a next level miracle if in the year 2016 Hillary is able to recreate Bill's 92 or 96 electoral map.

It will be nearly impossible to do better than that

akileese

Trump won't be able to run an actual presidential campaign the way he did against the Republicans. They picked the largest group of bumbling fucking idiots who repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. Hillary isn't that dumb. She's not playing into his hands and she's attacking him from all the right angles so far.

I think she wins by the same margins that Obama has one by. Not a landslide, but also very comfortable.

ReaperXL7

I "Want" to believe she will win even if I don't like her very much. She is imo a far better candidate then Trump will ever be in many ways regardless of my issues with her.

That being said I would not assume anything this early in the race, there are a lot of voices against Trump for sure, but I think this election more then any other is going to put a big spotlight on immigration, and I know many want to assume that it's only the right who have any genuine issues with immigration but it's been my experience that this is an issue that even some of the most liberal people I have ever known can have some very polarizing thoughts on.

I believe reform is important, and I think that the process to become a legal citizen should be easier within reason but I still take issue with people being here illegally if they contribute nothing to our society.

prag16

Banned
(Disclaimer: I can't stand either candidate; I'm somewhat reluctantly #TeamGaryJohnson as of right now.)

No. People have been underestimating Trump every step of the way. He's absolutely a jackass, and he is going to continue saying stupid shit. But his main focus is going to be attacking Hillary. She hasn't been attacked yet. Sanders (probably to his detriment) kept his distance for the most part.

I know HIlldawg-gaf (and most of the mainstream media) have already decided none of Clintons vulnerabilities (Benghazi, Clinton Foundation, emails, Slick Willie's escapades, among others) matter. But sitting in an echo chamber repeating that none of it matters doesn't mean much outside the echo chamber on the debate stage.

Trump has a lot of ammunition, and for as bad as his negatives are right now, Hillary's aren't much better. And her supporters strutting around claiming "anyone who supports Trump is automatically a bigot" (I see a lot of that on this site) aren't exactly going to win anyone over that way.

As of now I'd guess Trump will probably come up short. For as awful a candidate Hillary is, Trump is, well, Trump. But I see little/no chance of a landslide. I think we'll see a map pretty similar to 2012, but Trump has a shot at doing well in the rust belt and potentially stealing Ohio and/or Pennsylvania (though he could lose a couple states Romney won).

The debates will be interesting.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
People weren't underestimating Trump, they were underestimating how rotten the Republican base has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom