• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Horizon Zero Dawn going to be the next big gaming disappointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueingreen

The game looks boring, I don't need or have to go into detail about it it. It looks boring to me and not exciting. The more I see it, the more generic it looks.

What the devil are you talking about ? I couldn't care less wether or not you find a game you've never played and likely will never play boring, heck the game does very little to spark my own interest but then again that's not the point I was trying to make.

You demanded evidence for your straw man point, a poster provided you with said evidence and rather than being pragmatic, mature and openly admit to standing corrected you then switched gears and replied with "looks boring" when the point of the poster wasn't to hear your critique rather than answering your stupid question which could have solved with a quick google search, I used you as an example of someone blatantly shit posting on this thread.

But then again why am I bothering to engage you, I've seen you lurking on several Horizon threads and your posts are usually baseless lacking any ounce of rational thinking in which they usually just boils down to "I don't like thing because reasons and feelings" much like the post I quoted.

I'm hoping it does well for Guerrilas sake, they make great engines but their games have been average at best the past couple years.

The funny thing is if this game is great then they should have been making RPGs all along instead of first person shooters...

I'm hoping it does well for Guerrilas sake, they make great engines but their games have been average at best the past couple years.

The funny thing is if this game is great then they should have been making RPGs all along instead of first person shooters...

we can finally get the Killzone lore based RPG we all deserve

Da-Kid

For something to be boring, it would have to be something we've seen everywhere, something that's overused, or something that's really not done properly. None of this can be said about HZD, so please, care to explain, instead of just throwing stuff out there hoping people will understand what you mean. Come on big boy, you can do it.
This is you basically trying to say the game objectively can't look boring, bad, or uninteresting. You sound like a huge fanboy crying out someone doesn't feel the same as you.

He really doesn't have to explain himself imo, though obviously just making posts like that are basically drive-by shitposting, something people should refrain from doing.
Not a drive-by post. I've explained many times why I feel this way, just not in this thread. But I guess saying something positive about the game like "This looks good" isn't shitposting though.

Why even bother? Who gives a shit if someone doesn't like a game that isn't even out yet and wasn't likely going to give it a shot anyway?
I never said I didn't like the game. I said it looks boring. But of course it's made out you can't say that about a game you never played or isn't out unless...

I agree with you, we should not give a shit. I'm already sold on the game, have been ever since the leaks, the game is going to be amazing and I'm sure of that (cause you know, I don't need perfection to enjoy a game). I just want to know out of curiosity, how can anyone find this game boring is something I can't understand, so I legitimately want to know what makes someone think this is a boring game.
...You like the game that isn't out that you never played. Also you don't need to understand why I think it looks boring, stop taking it so Goddamn personal.

I have no expectations for it so I doubt it. Just looks like your run of the mill open world game in a more interesting setting. Can't wait to be wrong.

No one acknowledged my earlier post about this but the game director confirmed to a fan on Twitter that doing that is only one way to reveal locations
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227258775

That sounds like how Mad Max does it - if you encounter a location (like an enemy base) it's added to your map, or you can highlight these locations beforehand from up in one of the weather balloons (this game's equivalent of towers).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The big thing I'm hoping they nail for this game is the lore and exploration. Seen enough to feel confident in the quality of moment to moment gameplay and I'm not expecting much more than a basic hero's journey plot, but being able to explore interesting ruins and gain insight into the world is a major reason I'm looking forward to this.

Hahs

The big thing I'm hoping they nail for this game is the lore and exploration. Seen enough to feel confident in the quality of moment to moment gameplay and I'm not expecting much more than a basic hero's journey plot, but being able to explore interesting ruins and gain insight into the world is a major reason I'm looking forward to this.
Same here...like how the hell do the robots reproduce, is someone building them... Or are they 'building' themselves...?

I think RE7 could be. Casual gamers are gonna go in expecting an action game. People who enjoyed RE4 - 6 will be conflicted with the change. If it turns out to be a bad game in general people who enjoyed the original games will blame it for Capcom going back to action if it doesn't do well/received well.

Rizific

The fact that it's 30fps is already a disappointment to me. But oh well, the game looks fantastic. This will be the game that pushes me to pick up a pro. Unless ff15 comes out with that 60fps patch before then.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Now I kinda want to see how that would play out.

FWIW I am ready to be disappointed by this game that has been delayed multiple times. But it's a franchise that I'm so invested in that I'll have to play it day one regardless.

It in fact could be a disappointment, but my hopes aren't that high. I've done a media blackout on that game so that I can at least be surprised by some of the stuff.

Jeiiya

The fact that it's 30fps is already a disappointment to me. But oh well, the game looks fantastic. This will be the game that pushes me to pick up a pro. Unless ff15 comes out with that 60fps patch before then.

I really wished we lived in the 60fps future. I wonder what this game would look like if they were shooting for 60fps.

As people have said, there has been more gameplay released, but I'm honestly with you OP. Something in my gut is telling me to hold off. Or it might just be the slew of great looking games coming out Q1 and I'm just more interested in the safer bets/LOOONG awaited sequels.

Vinc

I bought every Killzone since 2 and never truly liked any of them, and I straight up hated Shadow Fall after thinking it looked awesome. I want to be cautious about Horizon, but everything we saw makes it look incredible. I hope it delivers.

Gator86

Considering that's gafs darling whooooo boy anybody with the balls to make that thread gets mad props facts or not lol

Persona 5 is already out and terrific by all accounts though. I'm still going with Zelda as the biggest disappointment next year. People are so skeptical of Horizon coming in, the game would have to cause people to go blind to be a calamitous disappointment.

Guerrilla is a technical power house, but don't really understand what makes for compelling game design. Preparing for mediocrity until they prove otherwise.

VanWinkle

Definitely agree!

Tutomos

The game looks boring, I don't need or have to go into detail about it it. It looks boring to me and not exciting. The more I see it, the more generic it looks.

This is exactly how I feel about Breath of the Wild. I'm couldn't be more indifferent to the game but Horizon looks good to me so far. I guess different people have different tastes.

Karamsoul

Mark my words - it will be Shadow of Mordor all over again in terms of gameplay and upgrades, sans the Nemesis system and 68'ed with crafting/RPG elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom