• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it common to make big multi-topping sandwiches in the US?

bengraven

I love bread, but too much bun is a killer for me - especially if it's dry.

A thick bread for me should be by itself, warm, with some butter.

A thinner bread is great for salads. Hell, that's why I usually just make a wrap - even though store bought tortillas are shit.

Kite

hah you want the worst sandwich I've ever had? Basic training, having to eat MREs, getting one of the mystery meats (think it was the beef patty), putting it between two dry wheat breads, smothering it with bbq sauce from a packet, hot sauce, and chocking it down with my tears and chemical preservatives.

O6mPQmF.jpg

hMegrll.jpg

hah you want the worst sandwich I've ever had? Basic training, having to eat MREs, getting one of the mystery meats (think it was the beef patty), putting it between two dry wheat breads, smothering it with bbq sauce from a packet, hot sauce, and chocking it down with my tears and chemical preservatives.

O6mPQmF.jpg

hMegrll.jpg

The top doesn't look too bad, but is the bottom photo bread or meat? ( -_-)

Kerned

Banned

O6mPQmF.jpg

hMegrll.jpg

Good luck destroying the ring.
wDt0E5o.gif

Still makes me angry all those people who consider cheese to be a condiment. Cheese! Possibly the only non-meat that can go toe to toe with meats. Cheese! A condiment like fucking ketcup! Cheese!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Last night I "deep fried" a grilled cheese sandwich for my daughter using an air fryer.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3x8a8sq6oo_e

Two slices of Dave's Killer Bread (multigrain)
Lightly butter the OUTSIDE of the bread.
Two slices of aged vermont cheddar (extra sharp) on the inside and a little mustard.
After a minute or two, sprinkled some grated parmesan and cheddar on the top slice.
Another minute, flipped it over, repeated on the other side.

My god it was amazing. Almost stole it from her.

Last night I "deep fried" a grilled cheese sandwich for my daughter using an air fryer.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3x8a8sq6oo_e

Two slices of aged vermont cheddar (extra sharp) on the inside and a little mustard.
After a minute or two, sprinkled some grated parmesan and cheddar on the top slice.

vUrM6u9.gif

Turkey breast, sharp cheddar and granny smith slices is a damn good sandwich. The tart and tang combo is amazing.
When you go apple picking in Vermont (and other places I'm sure, I've just only ever seen it in Vermont) most orchards sell blocks of really sharp cheddar to eat with your apples
It's pretty amazing.

Cottage cheese and bananas though...
*shudder*

deadlast

Air fryers are amazing. I will have to try this sandwich out.

E92 M3

This thread lives and dies by pictures, yet I see none in your post.......................

Top Bottom