• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time to ban Grifters, Fake insiders, and monetised click baiters as sources on GAF (this includes OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelta88

"My Uncle's wife's second cousin who works at >Insert publisher or developer here< said Rockstar was making a new shooter launching next week. My sauces say the announcement tomorrow. Sub to my Patreon / Youtube for more."

Fake rumours accompanied by the offscreen menu screen has been a thing in gaming. And as always, we'd refute, point out that that screen is from X game released years ago and the supposed insider would fall silent. But since the introduction of monetisation on certain platforms, we've got "Gamers" with a proven track record of pushing bs, pushing more BS, to make a profit... Even worse, that profit is a direct result of distorting our discourse.

Should a "source" have some type of proven track record, before getting gaf threads that push monetisation of their channels? If we know an individual pushes horse manure disinformation for a living, shouldn't they be banned as non-credible sources out right?

steve-harvey-im-just-saying.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom