• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Little Big Planet Series successful ? [8.5 million units, 60M DLC downloads]

Verendus

Banned
It'd be interesting to know the revenue from those 60 million DLC sales. Looks like LBP has been making some damn money. Anyhow, I don't think there's any doubt the franchise is a success. Sackboy is one of the most likeable characters that's ever been in gaming. Part of that charm is the simplicity of the character and the little animations. Because he had no distinct personality, it actually helps enhance his persona.

All LBP games are bundled heavily with the system.

I remember that sad day when I walked into a store and saw LBP2 slashed to half-price a month after release.

You guys need to learn what "heavily bundled" means. LBP had some black friday bundles and a few at launch, like a lot of first party games do. These are limited.

Heavily bundled would be the Forza series, which Microsoft just loves to throw in with every 360 sold over the holiday season. Currently the only way for me to buy a 250GB console is with Forza 4. They did the same for the last two as well. The sales are inflated by millions.

Agent X

Sackboy is one of the most likeable characters that's ever been in gaming. Part of that charm is the simplicity of the character and the little animations. Because he had no distinct personality, it actually helps enhance his persona.

I agree with this. If Sackboy had a strictly defined personality, or was given an audible voice in the game, then it would limit the appeal of the character as an extension of the player's imagination.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Anyone else think that LittleBigPlanet should continue to live on the PS4?

I know Media Molecule is creating new IP at the moment, which is good, but there's still a decent amount of innovation and progression for the series with a new generation.

I think Tarsier studios should continue their amazing work on the series. They did a fantastic job with LBP:V

You guys need to learn what "heavily bundled" means. LBP had some black friday bundles and a few at launch, like a lot of first party games do. These are limited.

Heavily bundled would be the Forza series, which Microsoft just loves to throw in with every 360 sold over the holiday season. Currently the only way for me to buy a 250GB console is with Forza 4. They did the same for the last two as well. The sales are inflated by millions.

Every PS3 LBP game has had a bundle in PAL regions.

Actually, I just looked, there is a KZ3/LBP2 bundle available right now.

Every PS3 LBP game has had a bundle in PAL regions.

Actually, I just looked, there is a KZ3/LBP2 bundle available right now.

I mentioned that. Do I need to type in caps? Just about every big game is bundled in some capacity.

Why would Sony bundle a family game along with a gory shooter? Whatever that is, it's not official and it's not widespread. It won't have any significant effect on sales.

The Forza/Skyrim bundle is official and it's EVERYWHERE. Every 250GB 360 without Kinect that Microsoft shipped out for Christmas comes with Forza 4 in the box. That is heavily bundled.

Carl

Anyone else think that LittleBigPlanet should continue to live on the PS4?

I know Media Molecule is creating new IP at the moment, which is good, but there's still a decent amount of innovation and progression for the series with a new generation.

I think Tarsier studios should continue their amazing work on the series. They did a fantastic job with LBP:V

Yup, both Tarsier and Double11 did a fantastic job on Vita. Would be great to see them handed the series. They really proved themselves.

Top Bottom