• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Magna Carta actually good?

belgurdo

Banned
I see people talk about this game all the time, and the art is everywhere, but no one has seemed to have played it. Is it good? Does it have an English translation yet?

Meier

No English language version or translation available that I know of. The art is just really kick ass for this and WOG III.

jiggle

Yeap, the PS2 version is in the work.

Official site at: http://www.magnacarta.jp/

According to rpgamer.com, it's not even a direct port of the PC version. It'll have improve graphics and a new story. Looks like the roster of characters is completely different also.

A friend of mine who works at a US publisher looked into licensing/localizing it a few years back. Ultimately, they decided against it because "the gameplay was so fundamentally broken at every level we would have had to redesign the game from scratch." So I would take that as a vote of no-confidence. Pity.

Art's still lovely, though!

callous

The art actually had/has me so enthralled I considered taking up Korean at one point, just to play this game. Sounds like I'm better off waiting for the PS2 revision.

Top Bottom