• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sony launching the PS3 in the Philippines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
jett said:
Pfft. The PS3 is over $400 here and the wii is not that far behind. :p
Has the 360 taken over due to the fact that it is easy to pirate games for it, or are people still faithful to the PS3 at those prices?

Pangya

I was in the Philippines (mainly Manila) this past Christmas, last time I went was 1998. I only really saw PS3 slim being sold at SM for like 22,500 pesos or like around $483. But damn, Filipino malls put American malls to shame.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
When I visited some relatives there last year, the PS3 was going for 30,000 pesos at some places. 30,000 pesos. ay naku.

jsnepo

Datablitz and Itech sell slim PS3 units for 15,000 to 17,000 pesos. That's roughly $300 to $340 when converted. Unfortunately, you'll only get a few weeks warranty. The warranty doesn't even cover software related issues like bricking, and the red screen of death that some 160GB fat units are getting. I really hope Sony Philippines reconsider selling the unit at a lower price. There are a lot of people willing to buy original games. A lot of them even preferred buying new. I really think releasing the PS3 a lot earlier is a mistake. I'm still grateful that we're finally getting support. My 60GB PS3 got YLOD last year and I haven't bought a new one yet. I'm just borrowing a friend's unit. Releasing it here officially will make me buy a new one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How odd, in Greenhills, Slim costs roughly 20k bundled with another DS3 and 2 games.

Also, what do you mean by launch? I always see legit Sony games being sold here as well as other platforms. Datablitz is the cheapest place to buy them through cash.

Speaking of which: Datablitz also sells PSN cards, afaik.

darkwing

Ookami-kun said:
How odd, in Greenhills, Slim costs roughly 20k bundled with another DS3 and 2 games.

Also, what do you mean by launch? I always see legit Sony games being sold here as well as other platforms. Datablitz is the cheapest place to buy them through cash.

Speaking of which: Datablitz also sells PSN cards, afaik.

i mean officially sold by Sony themselves, the PS3s sold here just have a store warranty

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ookami-kun said:
Does this mean cheaper than what the store offers then?

Most likely.

Datablitz sells PS3s for 15k PHP though

GreekWolf

<3 filipinas

I'm wondering who will actually be able to afford a PS3 in the Philippines? Last time I checked, the average monthly salary is something like $250 a month.

Maybe you nice Pinoy working in the states can hook up kapatid

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
GreekWolf said:
<3 filipinas

I'm wondering who will actually be able to afford a PS3 in the Philippines? Last time I checked, the average monthly salary is something like $250 a month.

Rich kidzzzzz

darkwing

GreekWolf said:
<3 filipinas

dude, lots of BPO companies here now, outsourcing rules!!!

DonMigs85

I have a feeling the official PS3 hardware/software prices will be outrageous due to taxes, but I hope I'm wrong.

ULTROS!

I've been wondering, will we have our own region for PSN accounts? If so, where will it be based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom