• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Uncharted 4 one of the most boring games ever made?

Redlettermedia so thoroughly destroyed Uncharted 4 it's hard for me to take it seriously.

Don't get me wrong. Rich and Jack are dumb people, but they hit the nail on the head so hard with Uncharted 4 that a mushroom cloud formed over the ashes of the game.

Does Rich Evans like anything though? I feel like he only shits on everything

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Lately there has been an influx of fanboyism on this forum. It's getting tiresome.
If Uncharted 4 is the most boring game, then i wonder what Cookie Clicker titles are.

The hyperbolism is really off the charts. I know this isn't a contributive opinion, but i ought to think the average GAF user would slowly move away from using hyperbolism.

UC4 is, at worst, a game that has less action applied to its gameplay than other entries. Does that make it less exciting? Possibly so. But it is not a bad game by any means, let alone boring.

Take a guess why he likes Rich's opinion suddenly then in this case. ;)

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned

I think it only seems that way because he likes games you can actually control and there's a common trend now where games basically don't let you control them. He liked Doom 2016 and seems to like pretty much anything that you can call a video game with a straight face.

TeamGhobad

Banned
never played uncharted. the franchise never got my attention for some reason. i also thought it looked boring. this thread kinda confirms it for me.

dirthead

Banned
never played uncharted. the franchise never got my attention for some reason. i also thought it looked boring. this thread kinda confirms it for me.

Really, you can extrapolate it even farther. Naughty Dog is a shitty game developer. They're basically no different than the company that made Way of the Warrior on the 3DO. They didn't understand why Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat 2 were fun when they made WOTW, and they don't understand why 3rd person shooters are fun. They look at popular games made by real developers, rip them off, get the game mechanics completely wrong, overstuff them with cutscenes, and focus way more on the tech than the gameplay. It'd seriously be better if they were a middleware company or something. They have a lot of impressive tech, but they don't know how to make fun games.

Notice how, in the 90s, when gamers actaully prioritized gameplay above everything else, Naughty Dog was a trash tier B developer, and even though nothing has changed over there, somehow they're treated like game dev gods and are able to tread water on shit gameplay mechanics. Naughty Dog is the kind of crappy company that thrives in an era where presentation matters more than fun. Entertainment media in general is basically going to crap. B-tier trash comic book movies are given enormous budgets and passed off as serious entertainment, garbage devs that don't know how to make fun games are making these enormous 100+ million dollar budget games and being taken seriously, and popular music is essentially a PR creation with no talent completely propped up by autotune and marketing. It's pretty dark times for popular entertainment.

If you took all the supposedly "AAA" developers today and had a competition where they had to make a new game for the SNES, Naughty Dog would be completely obliterated, They wouldn't be able to hang with any of the real developers. Making a SNES game is like the video game development equivalent of doing an unplugged acoustic show. You can't hide behind shit and actually have to deliver the goods. Naughty Dog is the Ashlee Simpson of games.

Last edited:
I think it only seems that way because he likes games you can actually control and there's a common trend now where games basically don't let you control them. He liked Doom 2016 and seems to like pretty much anything that you can call a video game with a straight face.

That video is hilarious though, I’m glad you posted it. I haven’t followed this channel before, did they end it?

TheWatcher

Banned
wow from love to hate
just becasue of one character and i guess crazy high level of insecurity :messenger_dizzy:

In Uncharted 2 you take down a mercenary turned God. In Uncharted 4 control of Drake is taken away from you so that Drake and his brother can be beaten down by a 95 pound kinky haired super model. You call it insecurity, I call it a rational critique.

Sygma

To me UC 4 had the desired effect of questioning my long time obsessions / behaviors and shortly after playing it, I started to feel the burnout EXACTLY like Nate.

It was a game designed to be a slog because that's exactly what the MC was going through : his desire to move on. Yet the subtle touches here and then were more than enough for me to pull through all the way, brilliant game. After having moved on it all feels too familiar now

KRAai

In Uncharted 2 you take down a mercenary turned God. In Uncharted 4 control of Drake is taken away from you so that Drake and his brother can be beaten down by a 95 pound kinky haired super model. You call it insecurity, I call it a rational critique.

call iy whatever you like but
there is nothing rational about hating game that otherwise you would love
just because two guys were beaten in one fight by a woman
that doesn't look like model by the way
and was trained from birth by mercenaries but that doesn't even matter
you may roll your eys whatever but your reaction is just silly :messenger_dizzy:

dirthead

Banned
To me UC 4 had the desired effect of questioning my long time obsessions / behaviors and shortly after playing it, I started to feel the burnout EXACTLY like Nate.

It was a game designed to be a slog because that's exactly what the MC was going through : his desire to move on. Yet the subtle touches here and then were more than enough for me to pull through all the way, brilliant game. After having moved on it all feels too familiar now

giphy.gif

The degree to which people give ND too much credit is astronomical. This reads like one of those shill articles that Disney paid for before The Force Awakens release to argue that the prequels were misunderstood masterpieces just so people didn't get too down on Star Wars.

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/

Vtecomega

Banned
This thread, along with 50 others just proves one thing, this site has completely shit the bed and its beyond repair. There is no such thing as a civil level headed discussion on GAF anymore. This site is overrun with overly sensitive Sony fans that resort to nasty and childish insults.

I have been overly hard on Sony for numerous reasons. cheap faulty hardware, sony developers lacking any professionalism in the industry, and first party games that have not lived up to my expectations aside from one or two games. I am simply entitled to my opinion and people are free to agree or disagree. I've had users on this site that have threatened to sue me, insult me, insult family members, resort to nasty name calling or members embarking on a full investigation to see if I had previously owned a sony product. All this over a plastic box.

This is the main reason why its hard to like sony. Aside from their business ethics and ( IMO) disappointing games, its the sony community that is truly toxic and it has been the same since 2007, if not worse.

How many people have been banned in thread alone? Insults thrown left right and center, its a madhouse in here. I have seen resetera, ign and gamefaqs with more level headed debates than this place, let that sink in for a second.

Its literally like 4 or 5 users that support different platforms and the rest are bitter childish sony fanatics that cling on to you like bacteria. Its the same trend with the same users over and over again.

No insult to the mods, they do a fantastic job here and I think they have been extremely fair.

Buki1

Notice how, in the 90s, when gamers actaully prioritized gameplay above everything else, Naughty Dog was a trash tier B developer

I guess you have to be very young, because I actually lived in the 90s, you know, when Naughty Dog made 3 critically acclaimed Crash Bandicoot games and CTR. Since then they were system seller-tier top developers.

Last edited:
I loved the game and the Cheography Of that fight, but yea that was kinda a disservice to the character, gameplay and continuity wise.

He needs to get his ass kicked fine, why not make the whole fight playable but give her increasingly more difficult counter timing.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
these stories are at best lifetime movie quality. they do not compare to good movies, hollywood rejects run naughty dog nowdays. pretentious fucks like Neil Drunkman

Big budget movies? There's not a lot of good big budget movies out there. There's a reason why Hollywood is trying to recreate a lot of old movies and that's because they're running out of original ideas.

A lot of movie plots are simple, but what really brings the movies is the acting. There are lot of movies with simple plots that are made better due to actors.

This thread, along with 50 others just proves one thing, this site has completely shit the bed and its beyond repair. There is no such thing as a civil level headed discussion on GAF anymore. This site is overrun with overly sensitive Sony fans that resort to nasty and childish insults.

I have been overly hard on Sony for numerous reasons. cheap faulty hardware, sony developers lacking any professionalism in the industry, and first party games that have not lived up to my expectations aside from one or two games. I am simply entitled to my opinion and people are free to agree or disagree. I've had users on this site that have threatened to sue me, insult me, insult family members, resort to nasty name calling or members embarking on a full investigation to see if I had previously owned a sony product. All this over a plastic box.

This is the main reason why its hard to like sony. Aside from their business ethics and ( IMO) disappointing games, its the sony community that is truly toxic and it has been the same since 2007, if not worse.

How many people have been banned in thread alone? Insults thrown left right and center, its a madhouse in here. I have seen resetera, ign and gamefaqs with more level headed debates than this place, let that sink in for a second.

Its literally like 4 or 5 users that support different platforms and the rest are bitter childish sony fanatics that cling on to you like bacteria. Its the same trend with the same users over and over again.

No insult to the mods, they do a fantastic job here and I think they have been extremely fair.

So.

You completely ignored the toxic behavior from non-sony fans in this thread.

This doesn't surprise me based on your post history.

Last edited:

This is a post of yours from a recent Sony thread:

Any need for that insult, tough guy? Bunch of keyboard warriors.

Which is exactly my point you illiterate corg. We arn't discussing PC are we? So 80% of these titles are best on xbox by a far margin, and most third party games are superior to any exclusive rubbish sony has. So that leaves you with mediocre exclusives and inferior 3rd party games. And in no way is the DS4 superior to the xbox elite controller. You people are truly delusional. You want to charge an xbox controller? Buy a charge kit for $20 and it lasts for 3 days.

On top of this, you have your very own beloved sony developers calling you a bunch of cunts and insulting their fanbase on twitter yet you continue to support them lol. Sony fan base is hands down the most toxic bunch of losers I have seen in any community. You guys get a bad wrap from Kiwifarms, reddit, even resetera of all places. You resort to insults and acting like little bitches when someone has an opposing opinion. This all factual.

You seem maybe a little guilty of what you describe?

dirthead

Banned
I guess you have to be very young, because I actually lived in the 90s, you know, when Naughty Dog made 3 critically acclaimed Crash Bandicoot games and CTR. Since then they were system seller-tier top developers.

The Crash games are to platformers what Goldeneye is to FPS games. Laughably overrated because console fanboys couldn't play the one that was actually good (Quake, Mario 64). And yes, I'm straight up saying that the PS1 Crash games are B tier platformers. Mario 64 is so vastly superior to any of them it's crazy.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Crash games are to platformers what Goldeneye is to FPS games. Laughably overrated because console fanboys couldn't play the one that was actually good (Quake, Mario 64). And yes, I'm straight up saying that the PS1 Crash games are B tier platformers. Mario 64 is so vastly superior to any of them it's crazy.

Unreal/UT shits on Quake... take that bruv! :pie_sfwt:

I liked both!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The Crash games are to platformers what Goldeneye is to FPS games. Laughably overrated because console fanboys couldn't play the one that was actually good (Quake, Mario 64).
If thats the argument then every fucking game is "overrated" because there is always someone out there who doesn't like the game with high praise. games like Witcher 3 can be "overrated" to some and "games of generation" to others. Who's right or who's wrong? Also with your logic then who ever liked Mario 64 must be fanboy...right?

For fuck sake!!! How long this shitty console war is gonna go on in NeoGAF?

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
If thats the argument then every fucking game is "overrated" because there is always someone out there who doesn't like the game with high praise. games like Witcher 3 can be "overrated" to some and "games of generation" to some. Who's right or who's wrong? Also with your logic then who ever liked Mario 64 must be fanboy...right?

For fuck sake!!! How this shitty console war is gonna go on in NeoGAF?

No, I'm saying the Crash games are overrated because people literally call them masterpieces, and I don't think they are. Mario 64 is a masterpiece. And keep in mind this is coming from someone who honestly wouldn't mind if Nintendo went out of business today.

Unreal/UT shits on Quake... take that bruv! :pie_sfwt:

I liked both!

See, the difference there to me is that both Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 were great games. Crash always felt like an irrelevant copycat game.

Last edited:

Sygma

giphy.gif

The degree to which people give ND too much credit is astronomical. This reads like one of those shill articles that Disney paid for before The Force Awakens release to argue that the prequels were misunderstood masterpieces just so people didn't get too down on Star Wars.

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/

when you're caught up in the same hobby / occupations for more than two decades and not finding it engaging or whatever any longer, you'll basically agree with nate saying "ive been there" to Sam. That there's always another city, another treasure etc

for you it might be some shit you're spinning just to mock somebody on the internet tho. To me the game was relatable when I had to stop playing video games way too much. Same feeling

edit : if we wanna talk about ND specifically the only games I actually thoroughly enjoyed from them (I played UC 2 - 3 - 4 - LL - Tlou) are UC 3 and LL

Last edited:

dirthead

Banned
when you're caught up in the same hobby / occupations for more than a decade and not finding it funny or whatever any longer, you'll basically agree with nate saying "ive been there" to Sam. That there's always another city, another treasure etc

for you it might be some shit you're spinning just to mock somebody on the internet tho. To me the game was relatable when I had to stop playing video games way too much. Same feeling

You admitted that the game was a slog. Find me the Naughty Dog or Sony quotation where they said that the game was intended to be a slog. Tell me how a VIDEO GAME feeling like a slog is a good thing. It sounds ludicrous to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No, I'm saying the Crash games are overrated because people literally call them masterpieces, and I don't think they are. Mario 64 is a masterpiece.
Again to some it might be masterpieces to others it might be trash, same with Mario 64, some loved the game (like me) some just hated it the game. At end of the day it all subjective. Just enjoy what you want to enjoy, why in hell do you care people call game "masterpiece" or "trash"?

Mr Hyde

Insults thrown left right and center, its a madhouse in here. I have seen resetera, ign and gamefaqs with more level headed debates than this place, let that sink in for a second.

You are so good when it comes to these level headed discussions, I´m so impressed with your ability to steer this forum towards a healthy discussion climate, free of insults and petty console warring. I mean, look at this post you made just recently about Sony, it´s top tier quality and should serve as an excellent example of how to communicate on the net.

Sony has zero ambitions, and all their AAA studios are mediocre to decent that output ordinary cinematic games with gameplay taking a backseat. Sony are too busy forcing SJW propaganda down our throats instead of developing some groundbreaking titles.

Lets see.

Naughty dog - A bunch of hipster sjw morons that use the gaming platform to spread their political views. The last Naughty dog game I truly enjoyed was Jak 2. Everything else since then has been rubbish. Terribly paced games, terrible dialog, cinematic walking sim trash.

Sony Santa Monica - God of war is a title so completely overrated and broken that I was astonished it wasn't made by a low tier indy developer. You spend most of the time pressing forward whilst talking to your cringy ass son, holding a boar, picking flowers, walking some more, fighting tree sap enemies, fighting 100th re skin trolls, fighting more tree sap enemies, fight more re skinned trolls, open chest, walk more, open chest, walk more, spread ashes on top of mountain. " 11 / 10 ign " This is LITERALLY the entire game summarized.

Guerrilla Games - Lets focus all our efforts on making the most generic open world imaginable, lets make the most male looking female to appease all the SJW journalists out there and combine that with a limited combat system. 11/ 10.

Insomniac - Ratchet and Clank was good but can be completed by the time I finish my coffee. Spiderman was completely awful and almost a carbon copy of Arkham games. When was the last time you heard someone talk about it?

Sony absolutely have more exclusives than Microsoft, there is no doubting that. But what fucking good is that when they are all mediocre overrated crap? I have only owned my xbox x for a month now and I honestly cant remember having this much fun playing games. It truly rejuvenated my love for gaming. Countless third party games that look vastly superior, play better, superior animations, and a far better eco system than crappy ps plus.

Can you give me some pointers on some of the rethorical devices you use in your written texts to persuade your audience? I would love to have the ability to write posts as great as yours.

Iorv3th

If thats the argument then every fucking game is "overrated" because there is always someone out there who doesn't like the game with high praise. games like Witcher 3 can be "overrated" to some and "games of generation" to others. Who's right or who's wrong? Also with your logic then who ever liked Mario 64 must be fanboy...right?

Yes. It's one thing to say you dislike the game for x reasons. But to claim it to be the most boring game ever made? If that were true I don't think it would have sold as many copies as it has.

You must be reading a different thread. Seeing mostly people bashing Uncharted/Naughty Dog. There are people in here saying they didn't like the game and nobody is "attacking" them for their opinions.

I don't believe any of this. You have had someone threaten to SUE you?

Oh yeah that's why you don't like the company. The fans suck, the games are shit and the company has no ethics. But if only the fans weren't toxic you would like them. People in this thread aren't being toxic sony fans.

2 people have been banned. OP and someone that called him mentally ill.

I would say most all users here are multi platform users. Most probably have a preferred system to play on sure. I haven't really seen any threads bashing Xbox or Nintendo in a while. Seen a few sony bashing threads lately though.

This is a post of yours from a recent Sony thread:

You seem maybe a little guilty of what you describe?

Exactly. It's one sided. You can like whatever you want. But you don't need to constantly shit on other platforms to make yours better.

KRAai

wow i ... wow
i am speechless
i have read it 3 times and everytime i felt like my mind is more broken
it was actually interesting sensation so thanks for that

Mooreberg

Nothing has come remotely close to Hellblade for headache inducing boredom. There is barely any gameplay, and it controls like a phone game ported to a console. They couldn't even keep shit from getting in the way of the camera during the completely braindead combat sequences. That game having an 81% on Metacritic makes it hard to care what people think of other games being overrated.

Reorx

I'm not that much into the genre, butI terribly miss a new Uncharted game. Uncharted 4 was visually stunning, refreshing, the narrative was quite simple and lighthearted. While TLOU was awesome on its own, I prefer the adventures of Nathan Drake.
I agree that Naughty Dog has the talent to move to something newer and bigger (perhaps an open world game), but I will sure as hell miss games like Uncharted 4.

Sygma

You admitted that the game was a slog. Find me the Naughty Dog or Sony quotation where they said that the game was intended to be a slog. Tell me how a VIDEO GAME feeling like a slog is a good thing. It sounds ludicrous to me.

I suppose it depends if people like slow burners ? in all honesty I haven't been bored at all while playing it. It just took its time hammering its point of view home, and overall I really liked the experience.

Fully understanding that other people than me found it completely boring and whatnot tho, especially in regards to Nate seeing too much of himself in the actions of Sam and wanting to be a different kind of man. The interaction with Elena who's not saying much but fully understand him in turn was also really well done. Like "that" moment before the elevator sequence in Libertaria was one of the highlights of the game for me. It didn't have to be a bombastic setpiece or whatever

Then again, that's me. I fully understand other people who got bored of it, especially if they need stimulation via gameplay and whatnot to feel engaged. Im the kind of guy who loves reading lore / getting immersed and I'm thrilled just thinking about shit while reading terminals in The Talos Principle so you know

Last edited:

TheWatcher

Banned
I think the constant tone policing on both sides is disgusting. Let this game be critiqued! I certainly don't like it, but I can certainly see why other would like it.

I will mention Nadine Ross once more. This comes from a gamer that absolutely loves the Tomb Raider reboots (the first two, haven't played the third). She has no functional part in the story other than to humiliate the main character. I have noticed this a lot in games, where suddenly new character appear and the writers inorganically try to make them "bad ass" by insulting our established heroes.

Can anybody really stand Sara Palmer in Halo 4? Her first interaction with the Masterchief is an insult. "Oh I thought you'd be taller." Or you kidding? How am I to continue to vest my time and interest in your media if you shit on the very characters that got you on the map in the first place?

They even changed Drake's son into a daughter in the final draft. If they decide to follow through on that storyline there will be zero decernible difference between Uncharted and Tomb Raider lmao.

Come at me though. Call me a racist. I can proudly tell you that representation means so little to me. I am not an Egyptian and I admired Bayek's heroism and duty to his peoplr. I am not a woman but I loved playing as Lara and learning about the Prophet in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hell, Ubisoft did better females characters in the original Mass Effect trilogy.

It is refreshing to see so many different opinions here over that other place where even remote criticism makes you a Microsoft astroturfer and gets you banned. There are people that bought a Sony system or a Microsoft console or a Nintendo that aren't completely enamoured with it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Notice how, in the 90s, when gamers actaully prioritized gameplay above everything else, Naughty Dog was a trash tier B developer, and even though nothing has changed over there, somehow they're treated like game dev gods and are able to tread water on shit gameplay mechanics. Naughty Dog is the kind of crappy company that thrives in an era where presentation matters more than fun. Entertainment media in general is basically going to crap. B-tier trash comic book movies are given enormous budgets and passed off as serious entertainment, garbage devs that don't know how to make fun games are making these enormous 100+ million dollar budget games and being taken seriously, and popular music is essentially a PR creation with no talent completely propped up by autotune and marketing. It's pretty dark times for popular entertainment.

If you took all the supposedly "AAA" developers today and had a competition where they had to make a new game for the SNES, Naughty Dog would be completely obliterated, They wouldn't be able to hang with any of the real developers

I see how you feel, do not really see arguments for it when in the 90’s they released four awesome Crash Bandicoot games to lead into Jak & Daxter series next generation and into Uncharted and TLoU in a very productive follow up generation. Of course ND making WotW was a slightly different company than it is now... but a tiny group of people in a garage just starting up making video games is the team you want to put against much bigger and experienced artists led teams of SNES classics... you took today’s ND and you would have a much different ball game IMHO.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Can anybody really stand Sara Palmer in Halo 4? Her first interaction with the Masterchief is an insult. "Oh I thought you'd be taller." Or you kidding?

I think it is a joke based on this (Leia from Star Wars: A New Hope... ), never thought much of it because of that :).

Whitecrow

Banned
I would say... unbalanced. Too much narrative and exploration in comparison to gameplay.
It's just an adventure experience.

You may or may not like it, but it's not necessarily boring.
But judging from a traditional game viewpoint... I agree a lot of times is pretty boring.

DonF

I think some exposition segments were necessary and appreciated. For example, early on between Nate and Elena (it's not a spoiler as it's pretty well-known) -- I like a game that treats relationships as more than prizes for the player, and acknowledges the humanity of the characters. It's storytelling for adults, even if it's not the most complicated narrative in the world.
Agree. Still, I played all 4 games, and 4 is the only one that bored me, and all games have some story.

I believe that the pacing of 4 is awful. You can do story in a better way, with less interruptions, less walking sections, less flashback missions where you can grab every item in the room, yet it serves no gameplay purpose.

I believe that one of the strenghts of 2 (which is everyone's favorite) is that it had a good balance between story and gameplay, it was a whole package.

Short answer: yes
Long answer: yes, and it’s not only Uncharted, but a large amount of Sony’s titles in general, which focuses more on cinematic experiences instead of gameplay and fun.

Again this WRONG mantra.

Astro Bot, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman,. Infamous, Firewall, Rush of Blood... shall I go on?

It's baffling that on a videogame forum there is this poor level of knowledge unless it's flatout trolling.

manuvlad

Neo Member
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Uncharted 1 is a good game. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece. But Uncharted 3 and 4 are average at best. I really did enjoy the emotional ride that Uncharted 4 offered. But, gameplay-wise, the game is so freaking boring.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I suppose it depends if people like slow burners ? in all honesty I haven't been bored at all while playing it. It just took its time hammering its point of view home, and overall I really liked the experience.

Fully understanding that other people than me found it completely boring and whatnot tho, especially in regards to Nate seeing too much of himself in the actions of Sam and wanting to be a different kind of man. The interaction with Elena who's not saying much but fully understand him in turn was also really well done. Like "that" moment before the elevator sequence in Libertaria was one of the highlights of the game for me. It didn't have to be a bombastic setpiece or whatever

Then again, that's me. I fully understand other people who got bored of it, especially if they need stimulation via gameplay and whatnot to feel engaged. Im the kind of guy who loves reading lore / getting immersed and I'm thrilled just thinking about shit while reading terminals in The Talos Principle so you know

If you want constant action there's always the multi-player mode too, which I always thought was kinda underrated and actually really fun. Seemed popular too, never had an issue finding games.

Raptomex

I don't know if it's the most boring but I still say it's a good movie. Gameplay-wise the pacing is a mess in my opinion.

Bryank75

Banned
Could have used some rebalancing regarding forced walking sections and added more combat and shortened the games overall length. But it's not as bad as people make out.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Could have used some rebalancing regarding forced walking sections and added more combat and shortened the games overall length. But it's not as bad as people make out.

From the way some people here act you'd think Naughty Dog was as bad as the worst Steam Greenlight/Direct developers.

It could have condensed some of the quieter segments, but I really enjoyed the overall experience. It was always going to be the swan song for Nathan's story, so I think the creators had some reason to pack in more narrative moments and exposition-focused chapters. If they didn't, we'd probably be hearing these same players gripe about loose ends that would never be tied up.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
giphy.gif

Just because you didn't like Crash or think their first game is somehow representative for all of their work is not ND's problem, that's you having biased onset on the studio. And on much of gaming in general, really.

They were amazing titles. Back then i remember how a lot of people went for Mario and a lot of others went for Crash. I was a Crash guy. Still am. :)

The Crash games are to platformers what Goldeneye is to FPS games. Laughably overrated because console fanboys couldn't play the one that was actually good (Quake, Mario 64).
Only because you think they are. And as we have seen with your quality of posting, what you think does not hold much discussional value.

Quake even released on N64 to begin with. It seems to me that you are just upset that people liked a more traditional trilogy of platformers as much as that a lot of people also liked the innovative ways of Mario 64.

Guess what Dirthead, unlike you people don't live in Camp A or Camp B anymore, people can acknowledge both games are absolute classics for various reasonings. There is not one better than the other.

And yes, I'm straight up saying that the PS1 Crash games are B tier platformers. Mario 64 is so vastly superior to any of them it's crazy.
If only your opinions ever outgrew their D-Tier quality and demonstrated some C-Tier potential.
jCAvT7h.png

Until staff rules new policy, or until he puts you on ignore, or unless Dirthead above you gets banned. The only way to do so is to write considerate reports and acknowledge also that some of his takes actually do not break any rulings.

Deliberately being provocative with a startling lack of information consistently should be forbidden, though imo.

No, I'm saying the Crash games are overrated because people literally call them masterpieces, and I don't think they are. Mario 64 is a masterpiece. And keep in mind this is coming from someone who honestly wouldn't mind if Nintendo went out of business today.
But what you think is literally irrelevant to history. Overwhelming majority consensus shows that both games are classics in their own right and for various reasons. This is simply something you refuse to acknowledge since you don't really like games to begin with and only want a singular platform existing for games.

If you look at a definition of Hyperbole at the dictionary it should have a screenshot of this thread title
A screenshot of Dirthead's posts would be more sufficient.

sol_bad

I just finished this a couple of nights ago and loved it. I honestly think it is the best Nathan Drake based Uncharted game released.

The combat game play and arenas are vastly improved. The shooting and aiming has been tightened up. There is more verticality allowing for more tactical decisions. The rope mechanic adds more variety. And the combat areas are designed in a way where it is fully possible to stealth all the enemies.

I also thought the level design in general was the best of the series. There are multiple pathways when climbing up cliff faces and I like the open areas when driving around in the jeeps. The environment puzzles and actual puzzles were more in depth this time.

Hit detection was improved on the environment, I recently played 2 and 3 again and it was annoying when you would get caught on various objects and walls. In saying that, it was annoying whenever Sam/Sully/Elena would get in the way as it would outright stop you from walking rather than being able to brush past them like NPC crowds.

Story wise I liked 2 better, this is not a negative towards 4 though as the story was still good.

The only negative I have against the game is the final chapter and boss fight. What...........

Loved the original trilogy. Uncharted 4 was progressive trash whose narrative was to destroy the white male protaganist. Uncharted 2 was the pinnacle of the series.

What is this that I am even reading? Progressive trash? Destroying the white male protagonist? What? How?

*EDIT*
Why the fuck are people talking about Quantum Break, Crash Bandicoot, Quake and Mario 64 in this thread?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Again this WRONG mantra.

Astro Bot, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman,. Infamous, Firewall, Rush of Blood... shall I go on?

It's baffling that on a videogame forum there is this poor level of knowledge unless it's flatout trolling.

Always check the post history of unfamiliar with people that raise an eye. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom