• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Venom Snake the best "snake" design in all of Metal Gear Solid?

Rymuth

Fuck no. The robotic arm and the horn ruin the design

solid-snake-costume.jpg
Still the best.

I'm also fond of Big Boss from PW. The collar touch kinda brings the whole thing together.

It might be, but I dislike the horn. The imagery of Venom being the devil
falls apart after the twist.

I like the robo-arm, or at least I would if it offered more unique gameplay utilities.

Good observation. Ponytails like that looks dope on some people. It's like the samurai bun but more like a traditional ponytail.

What's interesting about Snakes is that his sides are completely short. Geralt has long side hair. Doesn't that mean that Snakes hair is actually a mullet if he doesn't have it in a pony tail?

Snake has been rocking a mullet since MGS2. Longer if you count the briefing to MGS1. I do wish there was a no-ponytail version of Venom so we could see it in its full glory.

"Snake" lol that subtle spoiler right in the thread title

But yeah, it probably is the best. Though I'm really nostalgic for the MGS1 design, chunky ass polygons and all

PensOwl

Banned
It's a tie between mgsv venom and plisken. Old snake isn't too bad either, but just remembering the voice ruins it

Slaythe

It's a matter of presentation.

The last one looks better "by default".

But really, MGS 1 and 2 are far above if we talk purely design.

latest

This is sick.

I'd love to see a modern take on this.

KDC720

Not a fan of the shrapnel horn or robot arm, but the scars and ponytail are dope.

Personally I'd give to Solid Snake from MGS1 or Big Boss in MGS3. Ground Zeroes Big Boss is pretty decent too.

meerak

Old Snake for me.

and COME ON to that guy up there, you can't just post some Shinkawa art. Of course that's the best.

Camisado

I have issue calling Venom Snake the best just because of well... some of my own personal issues with the story of that game.

However....

Major Spoilers below:
0.jpg

I could see an argument for that.

I also really love the original sneaking suit design from Metal Gear Solid 1 and the shorter haircut that went with it.

Raonak

Banned
I thought PW snake looked better, venom is missing the trademark bandanna, so he loses by default.

Old snake looks legit too

HardRojo

• Love the arm
  • Love the ponytail
  • The animations make him look a whole lot better
  • Love the whole design
  • Also love Kiefer's voice

Top Bottom