• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your Xbox 360 digital library bigger than your Steam Library?

Chastten

Banned
Yeah, but I only own 23 games on Steam so it's not that surprising. Not much of a PC-gamer myself so I only occasionally buy a cheap game or 2 for LAN-parties with friends or nostalgic reasons.

If you were to counts some of these "season" games with multiple chapters as one game...then, it wouldn't be much of a difference, at least. Same with my PlayStation 3.

But I'm not much of a PC guy.

Anyway:

Steam: 69 (about 55 if you don't count episodes in a season as separate games)
Xbox 360: 43
PlayStation 3: 55 (51 if you count every episode of Back to the Future as just one game)

If you count physical games, then both easily beat Steam. A few of my other consoles like the original Xbox and the Genesis beat out all of them, though. :p

Krakn3Dfx

No way, I have really close to 1000 games on Steam at this point, have maybe 10 digital games on the 360 at this point, even with their GwG stuff.

No and it's not even close. You can't compete with Steam on prices and selection. Backwards compatibility meaning all my purchases aren't useless when upgrading hardware helps a lot too.

If I compare Playstation Platform (PS4, PS3, PSVita, PSP, PSN, PS2, and PSOne) digital games and I include all the stuff I've gotten from Playstation Plus - I'm sitting at 295 games.

My PC count is at 404.

I have actually played maybe 3% of them.

Kayant

The games for gold deal on the 360 is pretty sweet, as you always will own the game, even if your gold sub lapses. I just downloaded my purchases history from Xbox.com and realized I own over 170 Xbox 360 games, most FREE from the games for gold promos.

Wat?? I mean GWG only started about in 2013 and you would have gotten about 30 or so games. Impossible it's most are from that.

To answer your question looool.

XBL - less than 10
Steam,Humble,etc - 130+

Are you actually bragging about buying DD on a console???? Only a sucker would buy DD games on a console. Hells horses man at least take advantage of one of the few benefits that console gaming has over PC gaming and buy disc only so you can trade them back at the end of the gen.

Ossom

Yes. Got around 100 on my 360 and about 20 on steam. Thanks for the reminder. Going to dig something out that I have never played. Gone with Mirror's Edge.

Got a lot free, but those digital sales are great and many games in that collection will go unplayed.

Nope. I own over 1000 games on Steam and maybe a couple hundred on 360. I started out the first few years of last gen as a console gamer but became a PC gamer mainly after a while.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Not even close. I have 200+ digital 360 games (mostly XBLA with a few Games with Gold titles) but I have 900+ Steam games although admittedly a large percentage of my Steam library is just bundle fodder. Going forward, if a digital game doesn't have a PC version then I probably won't be buying it. I will make the odd exception of course (eg. Yakuza 5 on PS3) but I won't be building a sizeable library of digital content on console ever again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Definitely, but I'm not a PC guy.

I would've never guessed my 360 digital library would get so massive, but it has.
Between GWG, and super cheap sales on games I've purchased with Bing Rewards I've bulit a large library of digital games that haven't cost me a cent.
I've actually had to stop and have passed up on some super cheap deals because I'd rather just focus on the newer systems.

Dizzy

Banned
Close to 450 on steam so no, no console beats that for me,

I doubt a console ever would either. Steams catalogue features decades of games, and a number of crap in there you get free via bundles. I don't think a single gen has that many games I would want to buy and there are very few freebies.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Steam says I have 124 games. I have maybe 7 or 8 digital downloads across all my consoles/handhelds. Doesn't even come close.

Nyoro SF

Even though I don't buy that many games on Steam, I eclipsed my X360 digital library in like 2 days lol

My total game count on Steam is around ~64, but that includes all the little packs and DLC that counts as separate titles for some reason (Valkyria Chronicles counts as 1 title and 4 "DLC" titles). The actual number is probably around ~50, but still higher than my 360 library.

As I get ready to sell my 360, it makes me sad that there are digital titles that never came to Steam, like Puzzle Fighter HD, SF3: Third Strike Online Edition, Darkstalkers Resurrection, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, etc. They deserve better than to remain on a dying console.

Syriel

Ha, yeah right. Also, you can't count games twice. I saw some of them like Scott Pilgrim in there in both lists. Also Yaris and stuff like Rock Band Music Store and Lips Music Store shouldn't count.

That's because arcade games also show under full games on the website sort.

Zimbardo

lol no. i have maybe 3 to 5 smaller arcade games on the xbox360 ...versus over 700 games (not including DLC) on Steam.

but PC is my main platform, so there you have it.

SURGEdude

Despite preferring the 360 for all but the last few years of the generation I bought my games mostly on PC or PS3. The insane HDD prices especially early on all but ensured that. Since both PS4 and Bone ditched BC any games released on them will only get grabbed if they are on Games for Gold or PS Plus.

UraMallas

Does anybody plan on picking up a 500GB 360 when they get a little cheaper as a back-up? Having well over 500 games digitally+physical for a system with no BC worries me if it ever goes bad. I've been thinking about waiting for a 360 pricedrop and then just closeting the new one.

Anybody else?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, let's see, Steam library: Portal (was free, I used it to check whether I should buy Portal 1 & 2 for Xbox 360), Sonic 4 Ep. 2 (review copy)
Xbox 360 digital library: Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, Sonic 4 Ep. 2, and a whole lot of review copies. So yes, my 360 digital library is bigger than my Steam library.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
While technically true, I weighed in on this recently:

As if Valve could guarantee that beyond potential bankrupcy. Also, this claim will probably not hold at court anyway. You do not own Steam games, nor do you own any games from a DRM-based download service.

Top Bottom