• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS executes 150+ women for refusing to marry militants, bury them in mass graves

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP...
Iraq's Ministry of Human Rights has claimed that Isis militants have executed at least 150 women in the Western province of Al-Anbar, Turkish media has reported.

A statement released by the ministry on Tuesday said the militants had attacked women before burying them in mass graves in Fallujah, according to the Anadolu Agency.

"At least 150 females, including pregnant women, were executed in Fallujah [...] after they refused to accept jihad marriage," the statement said.

"Many families were also forced to migrate from the province’s northern town of Al-Wafa after hundreds of residents received death threats."
Last month, the militant group shot dead at least 50 men, women and children in a tribe massacre in the province last month.

The attack against the Al Bu Nimr tribe took place in the village of Ras al-Maa, north of Ramadi, the provincial capital. There, the militant group killed at least 40 men, six women and four children.

A senior tribesman said they were lined up and publicly killed one by one. An official within the Anbar governor's office corroborated the tribesman's account, according to The Associated Press.

Isis also recently published what appeared to be an “abhorrent” pamphlet providing its followers with guidelines on how to capture, keep and sexually abuse female slaves.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-mass-graves-9930766.html?cmpid=facebook-post

So horrible :(

Women should be respected for standing up for themselves, what a fucking ass-backwards world these assholes think they live in.

Once again, FUCK ISIS.

So horrible :(

Women should be respected for standing up for themselves, what a fucking ass-backwards world these assholes think they live in.

Once again, FUCK ISIS.

keep-calm-and-kill-isis.png

edit:this stuff is making me want to re-enlist, but IM an old man!

Savitar

Scum of the earth.

Those women were brave to refuse at the cost of their lives, better dead than what they would have been treated like otherwise and they knew it.

Why that region hasn't rose up yet and slaughtered this group is beyond me.

Oh wait, they expect other countries to do it because oil or something.

In my lifetime I don't think I expected to ever see or hear of such rampant, senseless, remorseless murdering and aggression again. I thought this sort of thing was over after Burma/Rwanda/Somalia/Bosnia. I was wrong. And the worst part is that their ranks continue to swell.

This feels like something I should have been reading about in books from centuries past.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I miss Sadam.

People really need to stop saying this. ISIS have caused far less deaths than Hussein did; go read up about the Al Anfal campaign and the death toll in the Kurdish community before you praise Hussein. Obviously, ISIS are pretty terrible, but Hussein was worse.

Mrmartel

Banned
Scum of the earth.

Those women were brave to refuse at the cost of their lives, better dead than what they would have been treated like otherwise and they knew it.

A message from a Yazidi women got out recently from one of these sex camps. She pleaded and begged for America to bomb her camp, so as to put her out of her Misery. That's the future these women had. Death is unfortunately the much better option.

People really need to stop saying this. ISIS have caused far less deaths than Hussein did; go read up about the Al Anfal campaign and the death toll in the Kurdish community before you praise Hussein. Obviously, ISIS are pretty terrible, but Hussein was worse.

factually incorrect. ISIS is worse because they kill without impunity, steamrolling their way through everything and anything. Saddam was ruthless against radical muslims and kurds who wanted a separate state.

Ponn

Banned
It's not that hard to get people to follow you, even if you're openly crazy/evil.

Can the US Navy use that new laser to smote these fools off the planet yet?

I feel its more complicated than that. Usually when cults or groups gather people they are enticing something in that person. Like here in the US they had an interview with a guy trying to go over there and join and he was an ex cop religious zealot upset with the liberalism in America. For a woman though what about ISIS would entice them? Especially growing up in a western country?

factually incorrect. ISIS is worse because they kill without impunity, steamrolling their way through everything and anything. Saddam was ruthless against radical muslims and kurds who wanted a separate state.

We don't really need to get into a "which evil was the more eviler!" debate today, do we? ISIS is fucking awful. Saddam was fucking awful. The world is better without of all the above.

xbhaskarx

The Taliban murders 150 schoolkids in Pakistan, ISIS murders 150+ women in Iraq... it's like they're trying to one-up each other for most evil terrorist group.

mantidor

A message from a Yazidi women got out recently from one of these sex camps. She pleaded and begged for America to bomb her camp, so as to put her out of her Misery. That's the future these women had. Death is unfortunately the much better option.

It sadly has cultural significance, in some islamic groups, specially conservative groups, being raped, or even just not a virgin, is worst than being dead, that's why you see many times it is their own families the ones that excecute these women if they were raped or had consensual sex outside marriage.

It's such a misogynistic world view, it's really abhorrent.

For a woman though what about ISIS would entice them? Especially growing up in a western country?

dessert.jpg

Women eh? What are they? Who knows. Can't live with them, can't find them sometimes. What's going on in their little heads? Don't ask me! I'm not a flipping woman psychiatrist! But I have learned one or two things from conversations with my mother.

Seriously, though, I don't see the difference in the level of crazy for a man or woman to join this damned craziness.

TheJLC

We don't really need to get into a "which evil was the more eviler!" debate today, do we? ISIS is fucking awful. Saddam was fucking awful. The world is better without of all the above.
Literally worse, than Hitler!

Rip brave women that stood against these terrorists.

Mrmartel

Banned

Ya Saddam had a method to his madness. I can't think of a similar group compared to ISIS in recent Memory for their sheer indiscriminate brutality. Maybe Rwanda, Pol pot? or else one has to look back at far WW2 for similarities. Even then, in Rwanda it was a particular ethnicity, Pol Pot was intellectual's, property owners, rich people and other weird things like people that wore glasses. The Nazi's also had some control on who the violence was directed at. ISIS kills Sunni's, Arabs, and their own, basically everything. You would think they would burn out sooner rather than later

Saddam was better than ISIS objectively speaking. Saddam would have obliterated ISIS by now. He was a murderous dictator, but his rampage was limited to political reprisals. He conducted the Anfal campaign because Kurds tried to assassinate him when his motorcade passed by. Obviously being the asshole as he was, he used chemical weapons on the village in return. He doesnt get a pass, but he wasnt destroying his country. There was no shadow government from stone age that was running around like a mongol horde, pillaging, raping and enslaving everyone in sight. Someone mentioned Saddam's death toll was higher. How long was the dude in power? 50 years? Give ISIS 50 years unchecked, and the whole middle east will be wiped out, culture as well as people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom