• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Islamic cleric bans women from touching bananas, cucumbers for sexual resemblance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"CAIRO: An Islamic cleric residing in Europe said that women should not be close to bananas or cucumbers, in order to avoid any “sexual thoughts.”

The unnamed sheikh, who was featured in an article on el-Senousa news, was quoted saying that if women wish to eat these food items, a third party, preferably a male related to them such as their a father or husband, should cut the items into small pieces and serve.

He said that these fruits and vegetables “resemble the male penis” and hence could arouse women or “make them think of sex.”

He also added carrots and zucchini to the list of forbidden foods for women.

The sheikh was asked how to “control” women when they are out shopping for groceries and if holding these items at the market would be bad for them. The cleric answered saying this matter is between them and God.

Answering another question about what to do if women in the family like these foods, the sheikh advised the interviewer to take the food and cut it for them in a hidden place so they cannot see it.

The opinion has stirred a storm of irony and denouncement among Muslims online, with hundreds of comments mocking the cleric.

One reader said that these religious “leaders” give Islam “a bad name” and another commented said that he is a “retarded” person and he must quite his post immediately.

Others called him a seeker of fame, but no official responses from renowned Islamic scholars have been published on the statements."

No need to bold, its worth the read.

I like that the cleric thought this through and listed all the phallic shaped veggies he could think of.

Also, would have loved to see the face of the journalists interviewing him and keeping a straight face.

Source

Wanace

It's impossible not to smile when you watch a woman eat a hot dog. Or a banana.

AlsHh.png

faridmon

You have to keep in mind, unless those clerics have a strong proof of something, they can't ban anything. As far as I know, Banana and Cucumber have never even been spoke off in the religion for as long as it existed so this ban is a moot.

But again, Islamic community never follow prrof and will follow clerics whatever he says which is stupid.

SmokyDave

From now on, I'm just going to picture cocks every time you post.

...that didn't come out right.

Nah, I'd say that came out perfectly :)

What vegetable is this?
Site I nicked the image from said:
A vine producing penis-shaped passion fruit has been discovered by a gardener in the Brazilian city of San Jose de Ribamar.Although none of the penis-shaped variety are ripe yet, the woman who grew them, Maria Rodrigues de Aguiar Farias, 53, told the news site G1 so many visitors want to see the plants that she’s started charging admission.

PJV3

I have never heard of a society collapsing due to women shoving fruit in their axe wounds. Maybe it's due to his mother being a practitioner of fruit sex and he believes it to be more common than it is.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
So it's okay for guys to manhandle phallic shaped objects? I guess we know what this cleric likes

Seriously, the guy is like IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THINKING ABOUT BONERS WHEN I TOUCH A ZUCCHINI, THEREFORE...yyyyyyyeah.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Pfft, fuck that. What is this? It's like they don't want you to enjoy anything fun in life.

fawaz

Banned
A priest molested a child.

Well, I guess all christans are pedophiles.

Another example:

A christan says the deval made the dinosaur bones to deceive us.

Well, I guess all christans are complete idiots.

Another example:

that is how it works here man. we all are dumb and insecure now.

Alucrid

Banned

Another example:

People who think were making sweeping generalizations against islam can't spell devil

Another example:

To whom is your reply referring to?

Please point to a comment in this thread where a gaffer equated shit for brains cleric = all Muslims are dumb.

Everyone is making fun of the cleric in question , not Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom