• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s Time for a New Battletoads

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Doesn't this game have rights issues? I thought I read that is why they hadn't released another sequel.

flkraven

These sons of bitches are just trolling me now:

urId4O4.png

Lernaean

Banned
Loved BT when i was younger. I'd totally love to see a new game, but developed by someone competent, and if it's Rare then no Kinect please, thank you.

Raven77

I think they should either do it Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze style OR figure out what makes Battle Toads Battle Toads, the essence of it, and turn it into a 4 player third person brawler / beat em up.

It should have a lengthy coop campaign and also online and local multiplayer in complex vertical levels where the maximum team size is 4 people. Like 4vs4vs4vs4. Fun power ups, crazy creatures. Could be a good time. It should be deep and complex but also funny.

flkraven

I think they should either do it Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze style OR figure out what makes Battle Toads Battle Toads, the essence of it, and turn it into a 4 player third person brawler / beat em up.

It should have a lengthy coop campaign and also online and local multiplayer in complex vertical levels where the maximum team size is 4 people. Like 4vs4vs4vs4. Fun power ups, crazy creatures. Could be a good time. It should be deep and complex but also funny.

That's the main thing I want. I'd actually prefer a highly-replayable co-op campaign with a variety of challenges and diverse ways of doing things. Maybe splitting paths? I like the idea of being able to beat the campaign in a single sitting with 3 or 4 friends, but having a reason to dump 30 - 40 hours into the game.

I don't know how I'd feel about getting a new Battletoads and then finding out it's easy as hell because we, as modern gamers, apparently can't handle difficulty and require handholding.

bumpkin

I'm okay with a new Battletoads so long as there are no fucking speeder bike segments again like in the original. I never got past that.

I'm down for some Battletoads as long as David Wise does the soundtrack; the gameplay is fast, tight, and brutally difficult; and it doesn't look like that GBA prototype.

http://a.pomf.se/qcpdxw.webm

Battletoads need to come back as a online coop adventure, 4 players
There are only three toads.

I'm okay with a new Battletoads so long as there are no fucking speeder bike segments again like in the original. I never got past that.
A Battletoads without bikes is not Battletoads.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the series made a come back on the XBO. Phil has mentioned how the Xbox team has overlooked the power of nostalgia several times now, and his hinted at bringing some older stuff back. It could be a fun game to revive if they figure out a new formula that works.

I like Battle Toads, but only the first 2 or 3 levels. It was barely a beatem up after a while. I think people are more in love with idea of Battle Toads and not what it really was.

You couldn't be born of this earth if you managed to beat that game.

But I did, and I'm an earthbounder! How could you have such low hope for us humans, Jimbei-sempai!

Apdiddy

Battletoads is a crappy crappy game that isn't even that enjoyable to play. Battletoads/Double Dragon and the SNES Battletoads games were decent though.

I'd rather have a Wizards & Warriors reboot or even Captain Skyhawk.

Pharaun

A new Battletoads would need like 6 bike levels each one harder than the previous ones with the last one requiring you to be a god damn jedi to complete.
Or to just not suck at video games, the original wasn't that bad. You just needed decent memorization and average reflexes like most NES era games.

cripterion

I remember this game being hard. Particularly this level

125462-battletoads-nes-screenshot-rat-race-level-10-is-a-long-drop.png

Good times.

I doubt the could pull something decent if they made a title in this day and age but who knows.

Top Bottom