• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems Switch will support mic input for chat

Oresama

Didn't we figure this out already?

Regular plain old voice chat, a.k.a. how it was on the Wii U = plug headset into Switch

Party chat = plug headset into Phone and use app

Exactly. If the game supports in-game chat ala Destiny, Overwatch, CoD, etc. Inserting headphones into the switch will allow standard comms. Party chat will be done via the app.

I assume the game audio will sync to the app, allowing both chat and game audio to pass through, hopefully with a mixer to allow custom prioritization of chat/game-audio levels.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Headphones

noise.jpg

Earbuds

what-are-earbuds-300x285.jpg

Are you seriously arguing specifics when I was pointing out that the headphone jack still worked

Last time I checked this thread was about the switch supporting mic input not a thread about earbuds

Karanlos

Do any of the tear downs look at how many connections the jack input has? The icon next the minijack input doesn't have a microphone, which my laptop has but neither has Wii U gamepad apparently.

KingV

So this might confirm what I thought, the phone voice thing is to cover for the fact they didn't want to put an headphone jack on the joycons.

It makes sense to not have one on the joycons. Since you hold them in multiple different ways, there's really no spot you can 100% guarantee will be unobstructed at all time.

Top Bottom