• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It sounds like Destiny 2 will have regular, small-scale narrative based updates

E92 M3

Don't care about the story, but would like to see:

- A LOT MORE vault space
- Separation between PVE and PVP
- NO GHOST BULLETS
- Crazier exotics
- Loot everywhere (make it like Diablo 3)

Other than that, Destiny is fucking awesome.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Biggest thing I hope they fix is the load times.

I don't mind the story so much. I also don't mind if they want it to be more like PSO and less like WoW like they have it now.

If they don't want to be one interconnected world that is fine. Just fix it so the loads between areas is faster. Loading to space. Then loading to town. Then back to space. Then to your mission or PvP. Just quicken that up.

I'll sacrifice improved graphics for the sequel too if that means I get improved loads.

Madness

As long as Luke Smith is there and working on content and leading teams, designing raids and whatnot, you know things will be great. Each release after Vanilla has made the story and narrative much better. Taken King and Rise of Iron are well made.

My one hope is a more skill based multiplayer. I know whl their fanbase is and what they need to push, but something more along the lines of a fair starts, equal team style mode where more skill determines who the better players are would be worth it.

Anyone have a good video overview that chronicles all of the purported development issues Bungie suffered in their creation of Destiny?

Thank you kindly.

Biggest thing I hope they fix is the load times.

I don't mind the story so much. I also don't mind if they want it to be more like PSO and less like WoW like they have it now.

If they don't want to be one interconnected world that is fine. Just fix it so the loads between areas is faster. Loading to space. Then loading to town. Then back to space. Then to your mission or PvP. Just quicken that up.

I'll sacrifice improved graphics for the sequel too if that means I get improved loads.

I always presumed a lot of the load time was masking server searching and connections, it's why sometimes it feels like it takes longer then normal and why it can get stuck for a minute+ before finally ending the flying animation.

Melchiah

- A LOT MORE vault space
- NO GHOST BULLETS
- Crazier exotics

Agreed on those two. No more nerfs on the PVE side due to PVP balancing. No more exotic weapon quests that involve both PVE and PVP.

I'd also like to be able to view all the lore within the game, have matchmaking for activities like Nightfall and Challenge of Elders, play the strike lists without getting the same strike over and over again (got Dust Palace three times in a row this week), getting guaranteed higher gear from exotic engrams (getting the same 399 level you already have is infuriating), transfer ALL items with the mobile app (eg. Archon Forge offerings), and not to be removed from the inventory screen when it displays the activity results.

It would also be fun, if every once in a while they allowed players to equip all slots with exotic gear, and go nuts with them.

Agreed on those two. No more nerfs on the PVE side due to PVP balancing. No more exotic weapon quests that involve both PVE and PVP.

I'd also like to be able to view all the lore within the game, have matchmaking for activities like Nightfall and Challenge of Elders, play the strike lists without getting the same strike over and over again (got Dust Palace three times in a row this week), getting guaranteed higher gear from exotic engrams (getting the same 399 level you already have is infuriating), transfer ALL items with the mobile app (eg. Archon Forge offerings), and not to be removed from the inventory screen when it displays the activity results.

It would also be fun, if every once in a while they allowed players to equip all slots with exotic gear, and go nuts with them.
I thought this was for sure going to be an item that eventually dropped, I don't get why after 500 hours of play, Bungie doesn't let you feel like "Super man". It's the goal of like every RPG game to just become super boss by the end where only a few challenging enemies remain in the game. Destiny never really lets you feel like that, especially with Raids.

Look at it this way, no person who has invested time in understanding or even get a minimal knowledge of the lore has regreted their time, they just keep wondering WHY Bungie does'nt do it justice properly.

This resonates with me. After some time with it, wondered about Rasputin, the other warminds, the traveler, banshee-44, the Not-Space Mehreens, and all the other stuff.

went to a wiki

"surely this can't be ALL that was revealed about these characters?"

check other wikis

wonder how the fuck the lore could be that undercooked. Such a strong visual identity, and yet...

I thought this was for sure going to be an item that eventually dropped, I don't get why after 500 hours of play, Bungie doesn't let you feel like "Super man". It's the goal of like every RPG game to just become super boss by the end where only a few challenging enemies remain in the game. Destiny never really lets you feel like that, especially with Raids.

I always wanted that as well. Like if there was an event that lasts 1 week that let you do that. I understand if people wouldn't want it to be permanent. But I'd also be happy if it was permanent for a select couple of play lists. Of course that runs the risk of splitting up players. The event would probably be the best solution. As long as it was 8+ times a year.

Kill3r7

What's wrong with PvP? Exposing new players to different modes or PvP is not a bad thing in my book.

Go play any of the old raids, specifically Crota. You will feel like a Boss.

What's wrong with PvP? Exposing new players to different modes or PvP is not a bad thing in my book.

I remember the PvP grinds for exotic weapons being poorly executed. They're usually along the lines of "Kill X number of enemies using this horrible weapon. You lose points when you die." IIRC the quest for pocket infinity had you using fusion rifles to kill people, and if you didn't do that quest before FRs were nerfed to hell you were out of luck.

I think the thorn had a pretty annoying PvP requirement too.

Spoo

For the love of God, just have dedicated servers. I will pay a monthly fee. At least have this for competitive.

Slermy

The paid expansions killed a lot of interest in the game, so if they're smart, they'd switch to a games as service model and just add Overwatch-style loot boxes. People already buy lots of Destiny cosmetics, so the transition shouldn't be that awkward to move to that full time, so if they just keep the story going so that everyone has a reason to log in once a month, that should be enough to get people to stay engaged.

The currently running event, "The Dawning", certainly seems like a step in this direction. There's only minor story updates, but it did include new dialog for some Strikes and even a little cutscene!

Kill3r7

I remember the PvP grinds for exotic weapons being poorly executed. They're usually along the lines of "Kill X number of enemies using this horrible weapon. You lose points when you die." IIRC the quest for pocket infinity had you using fusion rifles to kill people, and if you didn't do that quest before FRs were nerfed to hell you were out of luck.

I think the thorn had a pretty annoying PvP requirement too.

Bungie has improved the format of these quests since Year 1. FWIW, Pocket Infinity did not have a PvP portion. IIRC Thorn, Invective and Juju had one. Thorn was a challenge but it was worth it considering how deadly it was in PvP. TTK, Chaperone could be pain if TLW was not your weapon of choice. Exotic sword quest as well. I found Thorn ROI to be a pretty straight forward quest.

TheOddOne

My understanding is that after Destiny 1, Bungie put together a "story team" that was led by a director and producer and worked closely with other departments, like sound and cinematics (since one of the problems with D1's original story was that it was written in isolation). In April of this year, there was some political drama at Bungie and a large exodus, which included the heads of the story team. I assume this "narrative department" is just that same structure with a different name. Bungie is big on names.
Did somebody hire CJ Cowen yet? Somebody hire him already.

Bungie has improved the format of these quests since Year 1. FWIW, Pocket Infinity did not have a PvP portion. IIRC Thorn, Invective and Juju had one. Thorn was a challenge but it was worth it considering how deadly it was in PvP. TTK, Chaperone could be pain if TLW was not your weapon of choice. Exotic sword quest as well. I found Thorn ROI to be a pretty straight forward quest.

If they've improved the format then it's not too big of a deal. I quit playing around this time last year, so I'm unsure of how things have progressed since then.

I could've sworn there was a PvP requirement for pocket infinity, but I must be getting it mixed up with a PvP bounty.

Thorn... ah I remember thorn. It was complete garbage when it came out, and then all of a sudden it was all over PvP after it was buffed. Crazy how the meta flipped overnight with patches.

E92 M3

Would be great if we had one day where all slots can be exotic.

Kill3r7

If they've improved the format then it's not too big of a deal. I quit playing around this time last year, so I'm unsure of how things have progressed since then.

I could've sworn there was a PvP requirement for pocket infinity, but I must be getting it mixed up with a PvP bounty.

Thorn... ah I remember thorn. It was complete garbage when it came out, and then all of a sudden it was all over PvP after it was buffed. Crazy how the meta flipped overnight with patches.

That is Destiny PvP in a nutshell. I played a decent amount of Control early on and took a break after PoE. Came back during TTK and it took a while before I found my groove again. To be frank, I was never as good as I was during year 1. Suros pre-nerf (god like) was my favorite weapon in the game even over the Vex Mythoclast (Vex was OPed and made PvP completely trivial).

Melchiah

I don't play PVP, apart from racing, and there are others like me. It's annoying when exotic quests go from one side to another, especially when you've already done some parts of them, and notice you can't proceed by playing PVE. At that point I just abandon them completely. I just don't enjoy playing PVP part of shooters, and I find the constant ramming in racing annoying as well. I managed to do the Dark Drinker quest with the help of our team, when they let me kill them with the sword. I never would have done it the regular way.

EDIT:

What's worse, is when they nerf the gear and classes on the PVE side, and make your high level character feel weaker than it used to be. That's one of the reasons why I abandoned my Sunsinger Warlock after the April update. 400LL Hunter Nightstalker does feel powerful occasionally on the PVE side though.

EDIT.2: One little improvement I'd also want to see, is to be able to play strikes as a duo with a friend, without the game teaming you with a random player.

- A LOT MORE vault space
- NO GHOST BULLETS
- Crazier exotics

Add

-Transmog vendor
-Dedicated PVP gear and weapons
-No more Year 1 exotic reuse, expansion exotics sucks so bad Bungie needs to bring back year 1 weapon every expansion to fill the void of badly designed exotic.
-No random stats on exotic gear
-Smart loot drop according to the spec you are using
-Dedicated spec gear

I really wonder when they will reveal this game. I'm actually surprised more hasn't leaked out from it than has so far considering how massive the development staff is and how it's been in active development for a good bit now

Destiny was probably the biggest game of the generation so far that I've completely skipped mainly because of how poor or non-existent the story content was in the game.

So if Destiny 2 can make some big changes and actually get me interested in playing it, then I might be willing to give 2 a chance when it comes out.

Carn82

I do think it's curious how Bungie seems to have big issues getting the RPG part of Destiny right. Story wise, and this is just my opinion, but Halo never impressed me (it's quite a tropey cliché scifi story). Never played Marathon, was that any better? Schreier's news about D2 does hint at a brighter future in that regard tho. Still play a lot of Destiny so I hope they come back strong.

Beegeous

As long as this will result in a satisfying resolution to the story that was trying to be told through the grimoire in Y1 then I'm happy, notably;

• WTF is the Traveller?
  • WTF is the Stranger and who is she talking to?
  • The Vex grimoire cards which talked of the scientists hypothsising that we're inside a Vex simulation

I've said this in another thread but it's the mechanics and the possibilities that this game offer that keep my pals and I coming back. I've put around 1,500 hours into D1 since release and I'm a normal working man in a (tolerant) long term relationship

- A LOT MORE vault space
- NO GHOST BULLETS
- Crazier exotics

I would like deeper weapon customization added in addition to your list.
Likely pass on Destiny 2 regardless. I just personally have 0 faith in Bungie.

Don't lame you. Bungee burned me bad with destiny.

Top Bottom