• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki leaves Tecmo, sues Tecmo president

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Exempted said:
Itagaki should join Platinum, so he can work on MadWorld and Bayonetta.

Somehow, I can't actually see that happening. Call me crazy.

MortalMonkey said:
No Dead or Alive 5, hell no more Team Ninja projects period.
Who cares. I'd rather see him tackle new IPs. He claims the comments were directed not just towards him so maybe some of his team will jump ship with him.

3356xia.jpg

"whoa"

Who didn't see this coming after the recent interviews?

I called a few days ago, but I am sticking with it: Itagaki is going to Sega. Believe.

Kusagari

WHAT THE FUCK?! This is quite possibly one of the biggest mind fucks I've ever seen. I guess we know now why he hates Sigma.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
And talk about what?

The joys of unemployment and the current state of daytime television. Oprah or Dr. Phil? Enquiring minds want to know.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
If the allegations are true, then props to him for sticking up for himself.

Itagaki said:
President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me 'if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.'

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wonder if NG 2 Sigma will come? lol

In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment.

Really? Is he the one to complain about this? Didn't he just diss his subordinates recently about sigma?

Troidal

HOLY. SHIT.

See folks, even one of the biggest game creators in a company still go through issues of unpaid bonuses, etc. (assuming Itagaki's claims are 100% true). I cannot fathom how Japanese companies slave their laborers, even their top people, and I don't just mean Tecmo, but other companies even do this.

With a lot of big name creators going independent, hopefully we'll see more creative freedom in the coming years.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Corran Horn said:
I wonder if NG 2 Sigma will come? lol

Really? Is he the one to complain about this? Didn't he just diss his subordinates recently about sigma?
He did it because of rage against Tecmo, isnt it obvious? He didn't want Sigma to happen but Tecmo pushed him. Now its clear that NG2: S will happen.

duffey

In a way, like others have stated, I'm not surprised really given the last few interviews he's given but it's still a little shocking in a way. Mannnn no more Ninja Gaiden from him, that makes me sad :(

We've even heard rumors that Yasuda wanted to port Ninja Gaiden Sigma (a PS3 port of a rerelease of an Xbox title) to the Xbox 360 before he was talked out of it by Itagaki and others at Tecmo.

That would be really fucked up if that went through. That is almost Activision/EA level of whoring out.

Top Bottom