• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki leaves Tecmo, sues Tecmo president

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Rlan said:
Incidentily, what is the deal with "Team Ninja" and Temco itself?

I ask because NGII is being published BY Microsoft FROM Team Ninja.
Team Ninja is part of Tecmo, but yeah all the NGII PS3 comments are funny. Itagaki leaving doesn't change the fact that MS co-published the game. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Green Shinobi said:
Microsoft is the publisher of Ninja Gaiden 2, so it's doubtful that this will lead to a PS3 port.
Publisher means that they pay for development costs, but the IP still belongs to Tecmo. I dont know tbh, but it still could go that way. See ME PC. Now,obviously MS didnt oppose to that, but what kind of power does MS have over the NG2 source code? If they own it, then Tecmo would have to code the game again. If MS only owns distribution rights then NG2 will go to PS3 for sure.

plovie

I wonder which company he'll end up at next, or what his next project will be now that he can't work on his franchises anymore.

EviLore said:
Itagaki should join up with KojiPro. Raiden Gaiden :D

I actually thought of that since he recently praised Kojima. But I couldn't see it happening if the way he acts in interviews is really his personality.

godhandiscen said:
Publisher means that they pay for development costs, but the IP still belongs to Tecmo. I dont know tbh, but it still could go that way. See ME PC. Now,obviously MS didnt oppose to that, but what kind of power does MS have over the NG2 source code? If they own it, then Tecmo would have to code the game again. If MS only owns distribution rights then NG2 will go to PS3 for sure.
I'm pretty sure that if MS is the publisher, there is some kind of deal in place to ensure that there will never be a PS3 port.

Shouta said:
So, what are the odds for Itagaki going to Capcom to work on DMC or the odds for Itagaki going to Namco to work on Tekken/SC?

Not as good as the odds of Itagaki going to Sega to work on Shinobi 2.

Pachael

Shouta said:
So, what are the odds for Itagaki going to Capcom to work on DMC or the odds for Itagaki going to Namco to work on Tekken/SC?

Probability for above = 100% - Probability that Tecmo will now port Team Ninja games to other platforms (eg. Sigma to 360, NG2/DOA4 to PS3, NG/DOA Wii)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kusagari said:
Nintendo. Remember a long time ago he said he could make Pikmin better than Miyamoto. Now he'll get the chance!

This will leave Miyamoto more time to do Halo properly. Win/win.

Beezy

Morgenstern said:
Wow.

So is anyone going to refrain from purchasing NG2 as a showing of support? (I probabaly won't...)
Refrain from buying and playing his final Ninja Gaiden game? HELL NO

I also need to get DOA4...

Kipe said:
Zone of Enders 3 is going to be awesome.
:lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jj984jj said:
Team Ninja is part of Tecmo, but yeah all the NGII PS3 comments are funny. Itagaki leaving doesn't change the fact that MS co-published the game. :lol
Sure, but did MS co-publish Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2?

Didn't he say how much he loved the resources MS provided for him while working on NG2 in that interview from earlier today? Maybe he's throwing MS the not so subtle hints.

Norml

but also turned defiant, telling me 'if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.'

Sounds like they wanted him gone anyway.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I can't wait to see Itagaki land at the Mistwalker Action Division and start slamming DOA5 when he's interviewed about his next fighting game. To think I was growing tired of his antics! He's only more endearing in light of this.

godhandiscen

Green Shinobi said:
I'm pretty sure that if MS is the publisher, there is some kind of deal in place to ensure that there will never be a PS3 port.
I dont know, I mean, as an Xbox fan I only care about the game coming to the 360 and dont give a damn if its exclusive or not. I just want to play it on my 360, if other ppl get to play it good for them. At this point the game was already planned and coded for the 360 from scratch so no multiplatform development affected the code. I am happy, and I will be more happy if people with a PS3 get to play NG2 so that once and for all we end all arguments about which is the best action franchise ever, the Ninja Gaiden series.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I can't say I'm totally surprised after what Itakagi said during the interviews in LA 2 weeks ago. Now what will be interesting is to see how many, if any of course, of the Team Ninja people will follow him.

SolidSnakex said:
I actually thought of that since he recently praised Kojima. But I couldn't see it happening if the way he acts in interviews is really his personality.

Maybe they wouldn't just let him talk too much. Didn't Kojima want Itagaki to do Zone of the Enders 3 back in the day?

EDIT: Beaten!

Vaxadrin

Banned
godhandiscen said:
I dont know, I mean, as an Xbox fan I only care about the game coming to the 360 and dont give a damn if its exclusive or not. I just want to play it on my 360, if other ppl get to play it good for them. At this point the game was already planned and coded for the 360 from scratch so no multiplatform development affected the code. I am happy, and I will be more happy if people with a PS3 get to play NG2 so that once and for all we end all arguments about which is the best action franchise ever, the Ninja Gaiden series.

*thumbs up*

...especially now that DMC went multiplatform and showed it's not.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SolidSnakex said:
He clearly plays it up for the American media, but this move shows he might actually have some testicular fortitude. I predict he starts a new studio made up of people from Tecmo who still support him.

godhandiscen

Itagaki working on Ninja Blade with FROM SOFTWARE!

jk, but I wish.

Hunahan

Banned
Wow.

Itagaki deserves better than that.

Love him or hate him, he's been carrying Tecmo for years.

.....I do kind of hope that they make DOA5 anyways, though.
I really want to play DOA5 dammit.

Shit.

Top Bottom