• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official - Max Kellerman has replaced Skip Bayless on First Take

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Kellerman on ATH, so I'm perfectly fine with him replacing the biggest shame of Vanderbilt University's name.

Sky Chief

How did Skip Bayliss ever become popular enough to be on TV and radio? His views are just asinine. People joke about Pachter always being 180° of base on his predictions, Skip is way worse and just an annoying person as well.

How did Skip Bayliss ever become popular enough to be on TV and radio? His views are just asinine. People joke about Pachter always being 180° of base on his predictions, Skip is way worse and just an annoying person as well.

Ignorance appeals to the ignorant. There are millions of people out there that probably feel like they dislike LeBron James, but they just don't know why, and Skip is out there to give them a voice. Gut feeling/hot takes > actual evidence based analysis because it requires less thinking.

Should've been stugotz for the piping hot takes. And to save poor Dan from him.

I always wondered, isn't his name a vulgar insult in Italian? Older Italian guys I used to work with would say it to each other. Always seemed odd to have a radio personality with that name.

FStop7

Banned

He's a professional troll. He's not paid to be correct. He's paid to piss people off.

Very much an upgrade. I liked him on Around The Horn a long time ago, and it'll be fun to see him running circles around Stephen A's debates.

Mrbob

I enjoyed current iteration of Sports nation so I'm sad this is being broken up. Looking forward to Max on FT though.

Max is too sensible with his sports take to keep this show going. What he needs is to bring Marcellus or this thing will sink because I can't see him building the kind of chemistry Skip has with SAS.

Should have just let First take hit the trash and replaced it with his and hers.

Edit on the bright side, now someone on first take knows their shit about boxing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Colin Cowherd is the one that broke this story around a week ago and he said that Michelle Beadle was pissed because she liked working with Max. So it looks like he'll be off the show.
Well, one is filmed in Connecticut and the other in LA. Hard to do both on a regular basis.

Maybe Beadle will throw a fit like Kelly Ripa.

entremet

The show is actually a decent show without Skip's trolls and tired hot takes.

I like Kellerman a lot.

Even SAS is more sober minded.

Fjordson

Max is good so far and is getting me to watch First Take for the first time since it was called Cold Pizza, but his well-reasoned arguments are a weird fit across from Stephen A's goofy hysterics.

but more importantly, how long has Molly Qerim been hosting? Hot damn is she fine.

entremet

Max is good so far and is getting me to watch First Take for the first time since it was called Cold Pizza, but his well-reasoned arguments are a weird fit across from Stephen A's goofy hysterics.

but more importantly, how long has Molly Qerim been hosting? Hot damn is she fine.
For a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom