• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's official - Max Kellerman has replaced Skip Bayless on First Take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
screenshot_20160711-153j6i.png

RG0BS1U.gif

Looking forward to it. Always enjoyed Kellerman back from his OG days as the host of Around The Horn. I even watched that terrible I, MAX show he had briefly on FSN.

Brinbe

BILLION PERCENT IMPROVEMENT

Max is absolutely amazing. I'd legit watch to see him smack down Stephen A every morning.

Amagon

How is Max a douche? Out of all my years, watching boxing with him commentating and interviewing, this thought has never occurred?

Fuck is wrong with you people?

studyguy

Max Kellerman's the shit.
His interviews are always on point and the dude doesn't shy away from what needs to be asked.

daemissary

Max isn't a douche, he's just one of the few ESPN personalities who is actually smart and that rubs some people who just want to hear HOT TAKEZ the wrong way.

Fjordson

Sort of a waste of Kellerman if First Take is continuing as it's been. Just a bunch of dumb yelling and hot takes for ratings.

Furyous

I wanted Stugotz. Stugotz brings the fuegoest of fire takes to First Take. He easily replaces Skip and keeps the ratings high. Max is too objective and lacks the agendas necessary to keep the show afloat.

Damn. I haven't seen much of Kellerman since he left Around the Horn a billion years ago, but I loved him back then. I hope he doest have to dumb himself down into "hot take man" to fit the role at First Take, that would be a waste I think.

I know. Imma miss him out here in LA :(

I don't even live in LA anymore but I import all my radio from ESPN LA. I seriously can't listen to the wonks out here in Seattle that talk Seahawks and Mariners. Ugh.

Maybe they will promote Kelvin Washington (he has great chemistry with Marcellus). It can't be one of the Kaminskis or Jeff Katz...please gawd, no.

Mortemis

Banned
Max is aight, but they shouldn't have split him from Marcellus for this.

Can't say I'm not excited to see him in this show though. Will he be able to keep his cool or will he go off and start doing shitty hot takes with Stephen A making him lose his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom