• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iVRy Driver for SteamVR (PSVR2 Premium Edition)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Coming soon

ABOUT THIS CONTENT​

What is the iVRy Driver for SteamVR (PSVR2 Premium Edition) DLC?​

• It is the FULL version of the iVRy Driver for SteamVR with PSVR2 support.

What is iVRy (PSVR2 Edition)?​

• iVRy is a Virtual Reality headset driver for SteamVR for your Sony PSVR2 headset.

What does that mean?​

• Want to play PC VR* (Virtual Reality) titles without having to buy another VR headset?
• With iVRy and a Sony PSVR2 headset you can!
• Supports all PSVR2 display modes without additional tweaking.
• User configurable quality and performance options.
• Integrates with SteamVR, so no 'manager' / 'server' apps or additional configuration required.
• Includes SteamVR Dashboard overlay, to change driver settings in VR.
• Built-in support for NoloVR 6DOF tracking and motion controllers.
• Built-in support for Valve Lighthouse 6DOF tracking and motion controllers.
• Compatible with most HTC Vive and Oculus Rift** titles.
• Upgrade to "Premium" edition via Steam DLC to remove the limitations of the "Lite" edition.

* Valve OpenVR/SteamVR. Requires Valve Steam & SteamVR on Windows 7 or later.
** Oculus Rift titles require Valve SteamVR, Oculus Home & 3rd party 'LibreVR Revive' software.

It doesn't look like the PSVR2 controllers are currently supported.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oh shit I can use lighthouses??? I was worried about motion tracking but that would be an excellent solution. I love them.

This is great!!!!

The only issue for me is controllers but I could pick up some of those, too.

Yikes, Keep the PSVR2 or sell it. This might put a check mark into the keep side.

I've been Quest 3ing for all my VR since its launch. I'll probly never buy another VR game on the PS5.

This is awesome news. Apparently the 3080 doesn't have the virtual link port though. So that sucks! I also have no idea what kind of adapter I'd need to get it working. Oh and no controller support is a bummer.

Still though, good news and hopefully means that more support is coming soon!

ABnormal

Nice, PSVR2 is perfect for PC. More options/= better.
I'm not sure it would really make sense. From a graphical standpoint, graphics in PSVR2 games are tweaked to make the most from OLED blacks and colors, but they would be off by default when running not-PSVR2-optimized games. And features like foveated rendering would be absent due to the lack of code in that regard.
All in all, maybe some other PCVR solution (like Quest 3) may be a better trade off (considered all usable the features) on PC.
PSVR2 is built and engineered around PS5 and it works exceptionally well in that controlled environment (it's capable to house the best absolute versions in some of the most demanding and graphically heavy games out there, coupled with those perfect blacks and real darkness gradation which I would never be able to renounce to), but I'm not sure it could be as much as good in not well balanced with the hardware.

Kilau

VirtualLink adapter makes this DOA for so many of us. Unless someone decides to produce some cheap options.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What are we talking about here folks, pussy right?

Apologize for the True Lies reference. I'm a man!

mrcroket

I'm not sure it would really make sense. From a graphical standpoint, graphics in PSVR2 games are tweaked to make the most from OLED blacks and colors, but they would be off by default when running not-PSVR2-optimized games. And features like foveated rendering would be absent due to the lack of code in that regard.
All in all, maybe some other PCVR solution (like Quest 3) may be a better trade off (considered all usable the features) on PC.
PSVR2 is built and engineered around PS5 and it works exceptionally well in that controlled environment (it's capable to house the best absolute versions in some of the most demanding and graphically heavy games out there, coupled with those perfect blacks and real darkness gradation which I would never be able to renounce to), but I'm not sure it could be as much as good in not well balanced with the hardware.
PSVR2 is not the first OLED headset on PC. The original Rift, the HTC VIVE, the VIVE PRO and the Samsung Odyssey+ are OLED. The foveated rendering is not necessary considering that on PC there are VR headsets with higher resolution that don't use it, and even so if they have adapted the headset to PC I don't see why they would not be able to make the PSVR2 eye tracking compatible (It also exists on PC for some time).

Kilau

I think it's just a few of the top amd cards that have it now, huh? 7900 and 7800 maybe.
6000 cards should have it, probably not all but it was featured and of course the 2000 series RTX minus the 2060 pretty much all had it.

Crayon

6000 cards should have it, probably not all but it was featured and of course the 2000 series RTX minus the 2060 pretty much all had it.

Hmmm wonder if my 6600xt has it? Kinda doubt it but I'll have a look back there later.

Last edited:

Kilau

Hmmm wonder if my 6600xt has it? Kinda doubt it but I'll have a look back there later.
From looking around it seems it was on 6800, 6800xt and 6900xt cards. You could always google your card for a picture of the plate to see if it has USBC, I didn't find any 6600xt cards with it.

Is the info in this link correct? Is this something that has since been left behind in the past 4 years?

The more I research PCVR the more I start to hate it.

mrcroket

Is the info in this link correct? Is this something that has since been left behind in the past 4 years?

The more I research PCVR the more I start to hate it.

It was going to be a standard, in fact RTX 2000 and RX 6000 series included it, but for some reason, NVIDIA decided to skip the connector on the 3000 series, and it was deprecated.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Amazing! If this was around a few months ago I would have bitten but I just can't put down money on a psvr 2 now I have a quest 3. I need those sweet, sweet pancake lenses.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Amazing! If this was around a few months ago I would have bitten but I just can't put down money on a psvr 2 now I have a quest 3. I need those sweet, sweet pancake lenses.
Yep. It was a choice for me. PS5 plus PSVR2 or Quest 3. I choose Q3.

If at some point the ever get the whole thing working including the controllers and foveated rendering support I might jump in.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Good progress. Hopefully this will continue to improve to include controller support as well as take advantage of all the other features of that headset. I'm pretty sure that if this would've gotten a full PC support then I would skip Quest 3.

Top Bottom