• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata on Wii U third-party support, “more key titles to be announced by them”

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hum I doubt it.

No, it is true. By now Wii had 5 3rd party games selling over 100K and DQ:Swords was about to release (and would sell almost 500K).

Right now Wii U has 1 game over 100K- MH 3G HD.

Edit- I am talking about Japan only. If you want to talk about worldwide, then yes I agree with you.

Roo

No, it is true. By now Wii had 5 3rd party games selling over 100K and DQ:Swords was about to release (and would sell almost 500K).

Edit- I am talking about Japan only. If you want to talk about worldwide, then yes I agree with you.

WUT?

Edit: that edit was fast ¬¬'

Kurtofan

Ah I'm thought you meant quality wise.

Deprive

Damn Iwata.

Wii U is probably going to have a barren 2014 :|

When those stockholders realize that this dude probably torpedoed any future Nintendo console, their going to be pissed.

Radec

few weeks/months later...

Dev 1: WiiU is a great platform, but we have anything in the works right now.

Dev 2: WiiU is not feasible on our current engine.

Dev 3: We are excited to work on the WiiU system, but Next Gen systems are our priorities right now.

Publisher 1: Hahahaha.. no.

Publisher 2: The userbase is still pretty small for us to make a port to it.

Iwata: Please Understand.

When those stockholders realize that this dude probably torpedoed any future Nintendo console, their going to be pissed.

He hasn't ruined any attempts at future consoles though. The Wii did an amazing job of avoiding the downward spiral nintendo was in. They just didn't understand why the Wii was a success, and have subsequently fallen back in, and there is a decent chance they could only do gamecube numbers this gen, which is terrible.

If a new console comes out with an idea that really reinvents (or at least, appears to reinvent) gaming like motion control did, and they push it to the masses, it'll sell gangbusters again, but the wiiu isn't that console.

Top Bottom