• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jürgen Klopp stepping down as Liverpool Coach at seasons end

cormack12

Gold Member
Brendan Rodgers? .

and the same Potter who flunked at Chelsea?

No you keep your shitty ideas from my club.

You're a Man uTD fan clearly. I also thought Solksjaer should have stayed as long as possible but not because he was any good.
Liverpool, born and bred. The league is everything, followed by the CL.

You (and many others) have still not provided one great argument for Xabi being the next manager.

Do you remember why Rodgers was given the chance he was, when he met with the owners and his vision? He fell off at the end of his tenure but in 2014 had us all dreaming. Rafa did the same. Both went at the right time. Jurgen is not.

The person coming in doesn't have the benefit of trying to arrest a bottoming out. They need to come in and immediately stamp their authority on the team and have the players on their side.

By the way your team needs to put a bit more in if they wanna see this out against Newport.

Marvel14

Banned
Liverpool, born and bred. The league is everything, followed by the CL.

You (and many others) have still not provided one great argument for Xabi being the next manager.

Do you remember why Rodgers was given the chance he was, when he met with the owners and his vision? He fell off at the end of his tenure but in 2014 had us all dreaming. Rafa did the same. Both went at the right time. Jurgen is not.

The person coming in doesn't have the benefit of trying to arrest a bottoming out. They need to come in and immediately stamp their authority on the team and have the players on their side.

By the way your team needs to put a bit more in if they wanna see this out against Newport.
Two Liverpool fans attacking eachother is testament to what we feel about Klopp leaving. It hurts.

I think Alonso is super clever and he understands what the club and YNWA means. Does he have the authority to come in and take a team firing on all cylinders and stamp his authority on it straight away? Probably not. But I'd rather have someone with the passion for the club that Klopp has and the tactical acumen who will get there than someone who just won't fit properly. Next you'll be proposing Mourinho who is as bad a fit as I can think of.

Rodgers was too arrogant and petty at the end of the day so he loses dressing rooms. He treated Agger abysmally and his man management of Sterling was also super poor. Just lacks emotional intelligence at the end of the day. Mid table premier league is about the right level for him.

Other than Ancelotti I can't think of a better fit than Alonso. Not Tuchel or Nagelsmamm who i dont see having a real emotional tie to the club. De Zerbi maybe but still not clear that the fit is right. Potter would likely be overwhelmed by the expectation and won't last two seasons.

BTW congrats, Antony finally broke his duck. Him and Sancho have been brilliant investments for you clearly.

Last edited:

Porcile

When has a manager ever successfully replaced a really really successful manager? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is... Bob Paisley lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom