• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If only the game was fun... Maybe I haven't played it long enough, but from what I've experienced it felt like a less fun Gundam VS with Jump characters.

SgtCobra

5d10efa387a5064ac678dd8ddf3dd7d81369530674_full.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm surprised this is being localized. Makes me wonder if Nintendo would've had less trouble than they realized localizing the Jump * Stars games. Or maybe the timing is just right now.

Anyway, interested in getting this but not sure what platform. Maybe PS4.

i would be hype if I didn't already buy the Japanese version to be severely disappointing compared to Jump Ultimate stars or even the gundam vs series.

To each their own.
I thought the game was great myself, may not be quite as dynamic as Gundam, but was still a pretty serviceable (and fun!) brawler all around, kinda like a lite version of Anarchy Reigns.

I just hope they really nerf Vegeta already.

Hope Europe's licensing of Jump titles isn't messed up that we have to import it again XD, hope they'll rebalance some of the characters lol

VariantX

hopefully this is a step closer for me to get what I actually want localized, Gundam Extreme Vs. Still, im pretty interested in this

If we can get this stateside... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME SUPER ROBOT TAISEN!!!!!

This is awesome tho, going to have to look up the roster.

ss-hikaru

It's actually happening o_O I wonder if they are gonna dub it.

I'll probably just stick with my JP version though. Muddle my way through it slowly...

Not sure if this game is good but I'll definitely support it. I would love for a licensed Super Robot Wars game (
yeah right, wishful thinking
) to come over here.

Great surprise nevertheless.

Big One

Banned
Neat.

It ain't all that surprising though cause most of those properties share companies anyway. Most of that stuff is owned by Viz, Funimation, etc. anyway.

ZeroAKA

If only the game was fun... Maybe I haven't played it long enough, but from what I've experienced it felt like a less fun Gundam VS with Jump characters.
That's how I felt too. Still though, it's really impressive that this is being localized.

TWILT

Banned
Whoooa, can't believe this is actually happening. Nice.

It was a really fun game surprisingly; enjoyed my time with it. pls nerf Vegeta tho

For those asking about Super Robot Taisen:

J-Stars Victory:
Japan - Shueisha, Toei
US - Viz (owned by Shueisha), Funimation (with sub-licenses through Toei)

Super Robot Taisen:
Japan - Pretty much every media company, anime or otherwise
US - Pretty much every media company, anime or otherwise

Licensing is a tad bit trickier

Top Bottom