• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Gunn’s How to Catch A Predator Party

At least it wasn't a sombrero frat party. I'll overlook an odd, somewhat obsessive interest in pedophilia from a guy in an industry rife with child molesters, but I won't abide cultural appropriation.

The Shepard

He's creepy, what kind of person has these kinds of party's? Sick. He also looks creepy in general Imo. Let's see the guadians actors signatures on these pics.

James-Gunn.png

Holy shit, this looks like an Always Sunny episode filmed in the Cinema Snob's basement.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
At least it wasn't a sombrero frat party. I'll overlook an odd, somewhat obsessive interest in pedophilia from a guy in an industry rife with child molesters, but I won't abide cultural appropriation.

This is a level of snark I can appreciate, because it is true tho in today's climate.

maybe FBI needs to get involved by having him turn over all his computers and hard drives? Since there are clues he is may be a pedophilia, then I guess that is the only way.

Its a wierd party, but people use monsters costumes and are not necessary monsters. This guy has a strange sense of humor,go to strange party,but this is not a crime. Disney and other people has right to not like it and fire him, but still we can't say that he is a pedo or anything.
I agree on future investigation on this guy.

brap

Banned
I thought it was gonna be him and his friends getting some Mike's Hard Lemonade and watching the show together but wtf.

Once again, this is pretty in keeping with the dark, edgy humor people liked in the prior decade.

I mean come on, everyone was joking about To Catch a Predator back then.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thread should've ended right here.

maybe FBI needs to get involved by having him turn over all his computers and hard drives? Since there are clues he is may be a pedophilia, then I guess that is the only way.
Watch out. A stray bullet might conveniently pierce the harddrive, rendering it unusable. Don't want to give any "right-wingers" ideas.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Offensive themed parties was a trend back then, yeah.

I have seen a lot of theme parties back then, and not a single one I've ever heard of was a 'To Catch a Predator' one where the girls that you want have sex or are your partner come dressed like like underage girls or toddlers.

Maybe a viewing party where you dress normal and y'all get together and laughed your ass off at the scenes as you got more drunk, and maybe even a drinking game attributed to it, but the theme where you are a predator and they are an underage person, there's a reason why I guess that shit is kept quiet.

I am sure they can always pull out the dd;lg kink from the deck.

I just cringe, really.

Last edited:
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The first thing you'll want to do is smear yourself with mud to mask your body heat.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Offensive themed parties was a trend back then, yeah.
Simply apply the same spotlight that was applied to the Catholic church over the past 30 years for their blatant pedophelia (mostly against boys).

If there was a religious ceremony or a "party" or a feast -- let alone a crass party of this nature -- somehow symbolizing or celebrating or making light of "child rape", and that party was attended by a bunch of middle-ranking and high-ranking clergymen, would that not have raised eyebrows? Would people have not pointed out the actual accusations against Catholic priests and remarked "this party is not simply in bad taste. It's another symptom of whatever is causing these priests to rape our boys"?

So why is this not considered for James Gunn?

I feel like Hollywood -- who had no problem making edgy and offensive movies against religion, political figures they didn't like, and beliefs they didn't agree with -- is feeling a bit sheepish when that same criticism is applied to them.

Why should Hollywood figures be given a pass?

Last edited:

NewYork214

I find this all disgusting. But Isn't this basically like that weird Lolita shit. Don't know much but isnt it like some sick fetish shit

TrainedRage

Banned
He has his freedom of speech, but man he sure does seem to like pedophilia. That's a but unsettling. I'm pretty sure these are from 2018 too. So the whole 'he changed his ways' idea is bullshit.

SonicSleuth

I was on the fence about Disney rehiring Gunn, since, you know, jokes are jokes.... But let's be real, this is a whole different level of creepy. No thanks, I would definitely never attend a party like this one.

Also, if he was making racist or anti-LGBT jokes nobody would be defending him very hard. This stuff is real creepy, and the dominant children's entertainment company should not employ him. No matter the right wing interest in keeping liberals down, Gunn brought this on himself.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I bet he has been feverishly deleting and destroying old hard drives for the last few weeks.

“You want to see my computer? Oh yeah, it’s over there. I bought it yesterday.”

NewYork214

I bet he has been feverishly deleting and destroying old hard drives for the last few weeks.

“You want to see my computer? Oh yeah, it’s over there. I bought it yesterday.”

Im not sure i want him reinstated as director anymore, cause this is getting weirder and weirder. But I dont think you guys know how search warrants work. A judge wouldnt sign off on one over photos of adults and public tweets.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Im not sure i want him reinstated as director anymore, cause this is getting weirder and weirder. But I dont think you guys know how search warrants work. A judge wouldnt sign off on one over photos of adults and public tweets.
Jesus Ch...IT’S A JOKE!

The fact that I have to explain that...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Man, the right is desperate to try to find an equivalency here.

Gunn ironically mocked pedophillia. That does not make him a pedophile or means he associates with them.

Christopher

Gunn ironically mocked pedophillia. That does not make him a pedophile or means he associates with them.

“Ironically mocked”...?

Again he directed a cool movie I get it, but call out the weirdo shit people.

Exactly, he liked to mock pedophillia, that doesn't mean he is one, mocking and making jokes about something does not mean you condone it, it's the opposite really.

I just clearly remember the 2000s, I know how people were back then, they liked sick jokes, is this party tasteless? You bet! But.... that's the entire point.

bitbydeath

This is slander and harrassment. Accusing a man of pedophilia or trying to infer that he is a pedophile when he was a victim of it early on childhood will have devastating psychological effects on the man. It is unconscionable and monstrous to smear a man like this. I know the left is doing it, too. Doesn’t make it right, and in the end, people are going to have to live with what happens when they smear innocent people.

It’s Salem all over again, folks.

Co-signed.
Mob mentality is disgusting and GAF should know all about it firsthand since it occurred here.

It only takes to look at the cosplay thread to see that some people like dressing up as kids.

I’ve never done it but it’s hardly unheard of.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Haven’t seen anything on it nor have I googled any statement from him, but, has James said anything about the shitstorm surrounding him?

oagboghi2

Once again, this is pretty in keeping with the dark, edgy humor people liked in the prior decade.

I mean come on, everyone was joking about To Catch a Predator back then.
I think catch a predator was like, one of my earliest forays into internet humour. I get it.

Still, a costume party? Trolling a thread and telling edgy jokes, okay but a costume party?

Christopher

I think catch a predator was like, one of my earliest forays into internet humour. I get it.

Still, a costume party? Trolling a thread and telling edgy jokes, okay but a costume party?

He directed guardians of the galaxy...he can do and say what he wants apparently.

Gander

Banned
I told him to stop and let it go. I knew there was more, there always is with people like him. Now he may not work again anywhere.

Top Bottom