• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant gets Final Fantasy XV menu

What a collosal waste of money.

I HIGHLY doubt they are breaking the bank sponsoring a limited menu at a single location specialty restaurant for a week.

Jesus, the overreaction to anything XV on GAF recently has been crazy.

What would be crazy would be, I dunno, Square Enix working with a Genetic Engineering firm to create a real live Chocobo.
That would warrant some hard questions.

BadHand

I HIGHLY doubt they are breaking the bank sponsoring a limited menu at a single location specialty restaurant for a week.

Yep, and which is now being discussed internationally online.

Anything to get toungues wagging for cheap is good marketing, surely.

daveo42

Banned
Will this be served to people sitting at Coleman tables in Coleman chairs using Coleman utensils and cooked on a Coleman stove? I really want that authentic FFXV marketing dining experience.

Rappy

Yeah, my instant thought too. I think it's a cool idea. But the dishes, from their names at least, sound so disconnected from the project.
It's pretty inline with the dishes made in the actual game, but whatever.

What would be crazy would be, I dunno, Square Enix working with a Genetic Engineering firm to create a real live Chocobo.
The hate is real. Skyrim had food trucks go all around the US giving away free food (a ton of food at my college town alone). I don't quite remember people calling that a colossal waste in other places. Don't remember the reaction at GAF though.

Zafir

This isn't some kind of vacuum where Square Enix hasn't spent any money previously. I don't think people are referring to just this expense when discussing how much money Square Enix are wasting on XV.

Between all of these bizarre marketing ideas, the mobile games, the movie, the anime etc etc. How can you not say they're wasting money?

I don't see how they make it back, even in the long game.

I guess on the plus side for them, no one can say they didn't market it enough in the sales threads like what was the case with Deus Ex, lol.

AHA-Lambda

I doubt putting up a branded set menu at a Jamie Oliver restaurant was cheap, especially when I doubt this is something that is done often, if at all.

And again as has been said, marketing has been spent on all sorts of crazy guff that doesn't justify it. This game will most likely never break even and they're throwing money at nothing.

One of the dishes
CxeijBmXgAAG65u.jpg

Is Iggy able to make this in the game?

Ishida

Banned

Agreed. It seems people just love turning their brains off instead of at least trying to analyze such decisions...

DOWN

Banned
this was likely not expensive marketing at all. It's not a McDonald's Happy Meal promo or something

13ruce

Banned
People should be happy they are mass marketing it will get more people interested in the series that way wich means more sales wich means more chances of sequels, numbered titles, spin offs and more quality etc.

Game will do fine they may not recoup costs but it's kinda making the series future proof brand awareness and all.

Also it's a revolution to the series with the open world and action based combat and all new details, so ofcourse they want to try and make the brand big again just like in the past with FFVII.

Mindwipe

S-E has gotten a tad too try-hard with the marketing of this game. it's ridiculous.

Nah, this isn't even in the same league as when SE got the Daily Telegraph newspaper to interview Lightning, a fictional character, as if she was a real person about her favourite fashion trends.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1170060

That menu looks alright actually, I might try and go...

EDIT: In cost terms, I imagine this might actually have been a freebie for SE on the basis of them getting Fifteen's names in the papers as a quid-pro-quo. The Louis Vitton thing was probably similar. Kingsglaive is on Blu-ray and theatrical release in the UK to recoup production costs.

Amirnol

The cynics in here who think they know anything about marketing or even have a clue as to the amount of money spent on this... give me a break.

This might not be effective marketing in a revenue generating sense, but I have to admit I love these kind of "out of left field" marketing campaigns.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
this is nothing compared to FF13 characters being fashion models. some of you need to see just how far, and how forceful, Square can travel up its own ass.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wrong guy
Funny video of Ramsay with his daughter. He's chasing her around with the camera and shouting "how does it feel to be the daughter of the greatest chef in the world"
She's running away but gets cornered so when he asks her that again, she says "I don't know because Jamie Oliver isn't my father"
😂

Arkeband

Banned
It'S Bahamut, you see him in Kingsglaive giving (whoever the main character is) the power of the one ring.

Edit: But this promo is absolute bullshit.

Why are you making shit up? I even answered his question already on the first page.

Also this is from the same marketing team that thought Epic Meal Time made sense for this game:

wQeM0es.png

U2ufRA9.png

itshutton

Why are you making shit up? I even answered his question already on the first page.

Also this is from the same marketing team that thought Epic Meal Time made sense for this game:

wQeM0es.png

U2ufRA9.png

Sorry, I didn't read the spoilers. Is this in the credits or just your interpretation? I thought it was Bahamut but I guess I'm wrong!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine the opening conversation at Square Japan went something like: "Americans love food, am I right???"

they probably thought "everyone loved our food pics from the ffxv food, so why not try something new?"
also it's in london.

Like, really you all...

Arkeband

Banned
Sorry, I didn't read the spoilers. Is this in the credits or just your interpretation? I thought it was Bahamut but I guess I'm wrong!

Credits and also the last 20 minutes of the movie with them all fighting.

I know the movie was edited so poorly that no one could tell what was happening, but...

Top Bottom