• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January NBA Season Thread - A No Puddin Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
stackhouse_229_041228.jpg

"With all acquaintence be forgot and something something someTHING..."

Cloudy

Banned
Look at Shaq trying to force it to get 20 points :lol How long till he gets pissed cos another young star is getting more pub than him? o_O

:lol @DM

Sorry for bumping the old thread. I didn't even check and I forgot we are in January.

Anyway, could someone tell me what's up with that Stackhouse with the mic pic. Did he sang the anthem or something?

Cloudy

Banned
Damn, Wade twists his foot in garbage time. Why the hell were he and Shaq still in the game anyways? Well Shaq is trying to pad his stats so that's understandable. Hope Wade is ok...

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Anyway, could someone tell me what's up with that Stackhouse with the mic pic. Did he sang the anthem or something?

stackhouse_229_041228.jpg

"Today (today, today)...I consider myself...the most overpaid man
on the face of the earth."

Cloudy

Banned
Bulls struggle with bad teams but beat up on decent to good teams. WTF :lol

PS: I guess we'll see Bob in here again :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Cloudy said:
Look at Shaq trying to force it to get 20 points :lol How long till he gets pissed cos another young star is getting more pub than him? o_O
You're not spinning this one, Kotex! Shaq's been pushing Wade's profile non-stop since he arrived in Miami. Unlike a certain other guard in this league, Wade's smart enough to know that the big dog needs to get fed every now and then. Everything's cool on South Beach!
DMczaf said:
Miami Heat Win Streak - 14

Lakers Total Wins - 15

Cloudy

Banned
BS! Shaq was out there trying to bulldoze his way to the hoop with 5 mins left while leading by like 20. He wanted to make it seem like he was a factor in the game :lol

bishoptl said:
You're not spinning this one, Kotex! Shaq's been pushing Wade's profile non-stop since he arrived in Miami. Unlike a certain other guard in this league, Wade's smart enough to know that the big dog needs to get fed every now and then. Everything's cool on South Beach!

no spinning neccesary. Shaq ditched Penny, dissed Eddie Jones, feuded with Nick Van Exel and had the messy divorce with Kobe. Something about him and star guards.

Cloudy

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
no spinning neccesary. Shaq ditched Penny, dissed Eddie Jones, feuded with Nick Van Exel and had the messy divorce with Kobe. Something about him and star guards.

When Wade gets too big, it'll be 100% his fault too!

Bowser

Damn, ever since the Curry trade talk, he's blown up. Happy for the guy, he was getting knocked so much.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DMczaf said:
That was simply awesome. *burns to CD*
Ninja Scooter said:
Penny and Eddie are both overrated bums (and he's patched things up with Eddie), Nick is a talented headcase who can't stay in one place long enough to boil a pot of water, and Kobe is Kobe. :)

Scooter, you and Cloudy are notoriously biased against all things Shaq. I, on the other hand, am world-renowned for my objective observations of the National Basketball Association. As such you can trust me to provide a healthy, unbiased opinion.

GO REEVES

Cloudy

Banned
:lol

Seriously though, I may be biased but even I will admit Kobe was not a perfect angel in the relationship. The thing is, Shaq wasn't either...

bishoptl said:
That was simply awesome. *burns to CD*

Penny and Eddie are both overrated bums (and he's patched things up with Eddie), Nick is a talented headcase who can't stay in one place long enough to boil a pot of water, and Kobe is Kobe. :)

Scooter, you and Cloudy are notoriously biased against all things Shaq. I, on the other hand, am world-renowned for my objective observations of the National Basketball Association. As such you can trust me to provide a healthy, unbiased opinion.

GO REEVES

:lol

seriously though, Cloudy hates Shaq, but i like the guy. I'd take him back on this team in an instant, and as crazy as it may sound, i wouldn't mind seeing the Heat win the title this year, as Shaq and Wade are a fun duo to watch. But i'd just like to see people call Shaq out on his role in the whole, crappy situation rather than making him out to be some kind of victim. The Kobe/Shaq shitfest was due to the clashing of 3 of the biggest egos in all of sports, its not fair to pin it all on one side.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
True, but I'm not arguing that at all. What I am saying is that talented guards are a lot easier to find in the NBA than Shaq-clones - and as such, Kobe needed Shaq a hell of a lot more than Shaq needed Kobe. Now we're seeing the results, and I'm not at all surprised. I thought the goal was to win championships, not burn yourself out in the first third of the season proving that you can do it without The Big Fella. (and not succeeding either)

Maybe if Bosh starts packing on some pounds and Kobe gets himself traded to Toronto, we may see some more positive results for No. 8. :D

bishoptl said:
True, but I'm not arguing that at all. What I am saying is that talented guards are a lot easier to find in the NBA than Shaq-clones - and as such, Kobe needed Shaq a hell of a lot more than Shaq needed Kobe. Now we're seeing the results, and I'm not at all surprised.

Seeing the results? He's got another allstar calibur guard playing with him now in Miami. Shaq is like the Phil Jackson of centers. He goes from Penny to Kobe to Wade.

Cloudy

Banned
we may see some more positive results for No. 8.

15-12 in the West --That's 3rd place in the East-- and competing every night isn't bad (5 losses by 5 or less). They'll be tied for 6th place with a win tomorrow. Hell, the "analysts" predicted worse.

Kobe putting up 28, 7 and 7 with 4 trip-dubs ain't shabby either. He just needs to keep his fg% above 40 and reduce his turnovers by trusting Chucky to play PG. Lakers are one more rebounder away from being a contender in the West and they won't need to give him $33 mil per (KG and Duncan don't make nearly that much!).

Shit, Lamar is averaging more boards than Snaq :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Ninja Scooter said:
Seeing the results? He's got another allstar calibur guard playing with him now in Miami. Shaq is like the Phil Jackson of centers. He goes from Penny to Kobe to Wade.
Why is Penny on that list? He reaped the benefits of playing with Shaq in Orlando, and fell apart after Shaq bolted to LA. :p

Anyways, your list just proves my point. Talented guards are a dime a dozen (not really, but you get my meaning). Playing with Shaq makes their job easier and elevates their game. What has Kobe elevated lately, besides Rudy T's blood pressure?

You can plug any all-star caliber guard in with Shaq and immediately see results.
Cloudy said:
15-12 in the West --That's 3rd place in the East--
And the word "chien" means "dog" in French. What does that have to do with anything? You play in the West, you're judged in the West. Come on, man!
Cloudy said:
and competing every night isn't bad (5 losses by 5 or less).
That and signing up with Comcast will get you a nice seat in front of the tv come playoff time. Wins and losses - that's all that counts. You wanna compete for the glory of competing, try the Special Olympics. :)

Miguel

You are bad at jokes Bish....

not blood pressure. Blood Alcohol Content.
rudytsmall.gif

"duuuuude I'm sooooo wasted."

:(

GIVE US RUDY BACK! JERKS! YOU DON'T DESERVE HIM!

Cloudy

Banned
bishoptl said:
Why is Penny on that list? He reaped the benefits of playing with Shaq in Orlando, and fell apart after Shaq bolted to LA. :p

Another myth. Injuries finished Penny NOT the absence of Shaq...

Anyways, your list just proves my point. Talented guards are a dime a dozen (not really, but you get my meaning). Playing with Shaq makes their job easier and elevates their game.

You think they didn't make Shaq look good too? "Selfish" Kobe made most of his assists spoon-feeding Shaq for slams.

What has Kobe elevated lately, besides Rudy T's blood pressure?

Only the FG% of EVERYONE on his team and the scoring averages of all but Lamar....

You can plug any all-star caliber guard in with Shaq and immediately see results.

Oh, we know :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Cloudy said:
You think they didn't make Shaq look good too? "Selfish" Kobe made most of his assists spoon-feeding Shaq for slams.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% - Shaq needs those guys as well to succeed. It's just a lot easier to replace a star guard when he starts lipping off and forgetting his place in the pecking order. :lol
Cloudy said:
Only the FG% of EVERYONE on his team and the scoring averages of all but Lamar....
bishoptl said:
Wins and losses - that's all that counts.
bobby_knight.jpg

"Wins and losses, Kotex! What kind of name is that, anyway?"

bishoptl said:
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100% - Shaq needs those guys as well to succeed. It's just a lot easier to replace a star guard when he starts lipping off and forgetting his place in the pecking order. :lol

the only guy who started lipping off and forgetting his place was Shaq. How long would you expect your employer to want to keep you around if you publically dissed him and called him an idiot?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Then replace him if he's such a shitty employee and embarassment to the organization. Oh that's right, they can't!

And to top it all off he's kicking ass elsewhere while the Lakers flounder in .500 land.

DMczaf

the only guy who started lipping off and forgetting his place was Shaq.

Forgetting his place? He's Shaq! He could say that he raped 5 little boys back in 1994 and the media would forget it or forgive him. He's on the list of what I call Teflon Jordans where an athlete can do or say anything he wants without the media backfiring on him.

DMczaf

shaq.jpg

"Don't hate me cause I'm paid Konex, hate me because
I'm everything you want to be : handsome, young, plus legendary"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom