• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that stawman thing a rumor or a joke or what ? IS the E back to 90's kind of WM match ala Taker/Giant Gonzales ?

Also hyped for Aries. I believe in him a lot, they could do wonders with hm. He has the thing they lost with Punk i think.

Also he's the only one lacking in my prophecy project. Can you imagine i saw ONE only wrestling show in my life. It was a crappy show in France, in basically a garage. It was around 2007-8 i think.
In that show there was: Kevin Steen and El Generico, Brian Danielson.. and Austin Aries. It was said this night each and everyone of them would be on top of the wrestling world one day!
Dude, that's a pretty damn awesome showing when you think about it.

Mahonay

Banned
UnF7K1R.gif

Anth0ny

Is that stawman thing a rumor or a joke or what ? IS the E back to 90's kind of WM match ala Taker/Giant Gonzales ?

Seriously.

Dude isn't a draw nor can he work a fucking match. They're insane if they go through with it. Even Bray makes way more sense, and a match with Bray would still be the shits.

The fact that there is no consideration towards Owens continues to baffle me. AJ or Nakamura would also be new and exciting options that would result in awesome, memorable matches.

Newsflash: no one on the current uninjured roster is over besides Reigns.

UberTag

Newsflash: no one on the current uninjured roster is over besides Reigns.
This is entirely by design. They want no one else over except Reigns... people being groomed to be fed to Reigns... and themselves.

And Cena when he comes back. And the annual part-timers for Mania.

Observer awards issue is up

Wrestler of the year

LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD

(WRESTLER OF THE YEAR)

1. A.J. STYLES (299) 2,507

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi (160) 1,674

3. Kazuchika Okada (136) 1,532

4. Shinsuke Nakamura (190) 1,481

5. John Cena (55) 976

6. Brock Lesnar (79) 668

7. Seth Rollins (51) 580

8. Sasha Banks (80) 519

9. La Sombra (35) 228

10. Jay Lethal (21) 214

PROMOTION OF THE YEAR

1. NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING (354) 3,290

2. UFC (383) 2,286

3. Ring of Honor (55) 1,137

4. Lucha Underground (56) 880

5. Dragon Gate (79) 798

6. PWG (17) 439

7. WWE (19) 392

8. DDT (9) 246

9. Progress Wrestling (20) 154

10. Evolve 96

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
1. YOUNG BUCKS (382) 3,284
2. Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly (229) 2,204
3. New Day (167) 1,691
4Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (86) 835 5. Naruki Doi & Yamato (70) 637
6. Jason Jordan & Chad Gable (33) 537
7. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro (2) 189
8. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven (6) 172
9. Matt Sydal & Ricochet (16) 156
10. Rocky Romero & Trent Baretta (7) 125

WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER

1. JOHN LAYFIELD (225) 2,016

2. Michael Cole (107) 1,179

3. Jerry Lawler (127) 1,117

4. Byron Saxton (101) 1,005

5. Josh Matthews (93) 815

6. Matt Striker (82) 809

7. The Pope (48) 408

8. Booker T (32) 373

9. Vampiro (1) 117

10. Corey Graves 49

Some more

Nekofrog

Banned
what's driving Joe now? what made him at least look like he cares (i think he does)? because this Joe can do great stuff on the main roster (please don't go to the main roster they won't do great things with you)

bigkrev

Observer Match of the year
KOTA IBUSHI 1/4 TOKYO (319)2,429

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura 8/16 Tokyo (207) 1,519

3. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks 8/22 Brooklyn (107) 1,173

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada 1/4 Tokyo (90) 939

5.Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

1/25 Philadelphia (57) 619

6. Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki 11/1 Osaka (64) 588

7. Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville 12/11/14 Winter Park (27) 407

8. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tomoaki Honma 2/14 Sendai (25) 391

9. Minoru Suzuki vs. Takashi Sugiura 9/19 Osaka (29) 287

10. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. A.J. Styles 8/14 Tokyo (11) 229

Mahonay

Banned
what's driving Joe now? what made him at least look like he cares (i think he does)? because this Joe can do great stuff on the main roster (please don't go to the main roster they won't do great things with you)
Going from modern TNA to NXT I think is more than enough to explain the renewed enthusiasm.

KissVibes

Banned
  • Paycheck
  • Job Stability
  • Popularity
  • Good workers to work with
  • Gets to largely be himself
  • He isn't Chris Hero

orioto

Good Art™
I now see something. About the problem of AJ being unknown to some of the wwe audience.

I think that's why they do internet hype and rumors. So that even the more mainstream of their audience heard about him and that he's a big deal, so they can introduce him as main eventer directly.

Kaladin

Let me put it this way. Corey Graves isn't bad in the sandbox that is NXT and greater WWE, but when put up against other heel commentators, he's not great either.

Carny award

Lol at the typo in number 4
MOST DISGUSTING PROMOTIONAL TACTIC

1. WWE USING REID FLEIHR’S DEATH IN AN ANGLE 618

2. WWE Divas Revolution 26

3. TNA having James Storm push Mickie James onto the train tracks 24

4. WWE changing Ultimate Warrior’s words and meaning in giving Conor McGregor the Warrior Award 17

5. Lucha Underground and indie men vs. women matches 15

6. WWE having Michael Cole do a broken neck angle right after Perro Aguayo Jr. died from a broken neck 10

7. WWE getting rid of Hulk Hogan while Lionizing Ultimate Warrior who said things as bad or worse in public 9

The fact that the top voted US match of the year was a fucking developmental women's match is astonishing if you look back just a few years ago, but they definitely deserve it.

Also a very key and interesting note from the Obsever:

As of a week ago, Reigns vs. HHH was set as the WrestleMania main event, but it wasn’t a lock it would be a title match.

somedevil

Let me put it this way. Corey Graves isn't bad in the sandbox that is NXT and greater WWE, but when put up against other heel commentators, he's not great either.

What other heel announcers are there? Lucha, ROH, TNA, New Japan don't have heel announcers. He is technically the only heel announcer on a show that airs on tv or online.

Plus some Smackdown News:

As noted, Brock Lesnar will be working the March 22nd WWE SmackDown tapings inn Boston. He's also working the February 16th SmackDown tapings in Ontario, California. Lesnar will be working more SmackDown tapings in the next few months in an attempt to strengthen the show now that it's on the USA Network.

Kaladin

Carny award

Lol at the typo in number 4

#3 while disgusting, was in TNA and no one cared.

#4....leave it to the internet to find something bad about that.

#5....I can't say I watched all of those matches, but didn't they usually have the woman going over, or at least on equal ground as the men?

#6....I think you can almost say with certainty, the people responsible in WWE probably didn't know about that.

#7 is classic WWE cherry picking their champions.

My worse would actually be #2. WWE took an amazing thing and turned it into dog shit.

Kaladin

What other heel announcers are there? Lucha, ROH, TNA, New Japan don't have heel announcers. He is technically the only heel announcer on a show that airs on tv or online.

Plus some Smackdown News:

True, I was thinking more of great heel commentators of the past with that comment though.

This is hilarious

An interesting note that is beginners promo classes, the wrestlers are broken down into these groups: “Girls,” (you’d think they’d use women as a public company), “Teams” (only two of them), “Big Men” (all those giant recruits including Mada and Josh from Tough Enough), “Smaller Athletes,” (which includes everyone from Patrick Clark to Richard Swann to Christopher Girard/Biff Busick), “Foreign Accent” and “Character” (only one guy is in that category, ZZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom