• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

nani17

are in a big trouble
I'm more of an AEW fan these days, but to be honest I've given up on watching their TV at the moment. Storylines are boring and 2 hours of Dynamite followed by 1 hour of Rampage and 2 hours of Collision is too much, man.

WWE have been killing it with their Storylines lately and their whole presentation is top notch.

I still think AEW has the edge in terms of match quality. Their last PPV was insane, but I gotta say I'm more interested in WWE at the moment which is crazy to think.

Wrestling is in a good spot right now.
WWE was in a similar position a few years back hopefully AEW can take a step back like WWE and understand a change is needed. One of these changes is stopping Tony from booking and having the wrestlers have so much control.

Everyone is saying lately that it is becoming too much like WCW in its later years and that's due to the head Eric Bishoff or in this case Tony Khan not controlling his talent and also allowing the talent to have too much control. He needs a booker and several writers and the talent should just STFU

Last edited:

AJUMP23

WWE was in a similar position a few years back hopefully AEW can take a step back like WWE and understand a change is needed. One of these changes is stopping Tony from booking and having the wrestlers have so much control.

Everyone is saying lately that it is becoming too much like WCW in its later years and that's due to the head Eric Bishoff or in this case Tony Khan not controlling his talent and also allowing the talent to have too much control. He needs a booker and several writers and the talent should just STFU

You could just have a coordinator that would help plan long term stories and continue to keep people on track. .you do not have to write out every word, you just have to have it planned out and guide people where to go. That would help AEW a lot.

Liked seeing Sami, Truth, Bayley, McIntyre then Priest, all being crowned.

Couldn't care less about Cody winning, finishing his story, etc. I wish it could have been someone else removing that title from Reigns. Only moments I ever cared about the Bloodline was when Sami was involved.

Agree The Rock's final boss video intro thingy was... crap.

Was nice watching. But 8 hours is too long, man.

Can't wait to see if there will be anything interesting in the behind the scenes documentary this Wednesday.

nani17

are in a big trouble
People are speculating that MJF shows up tonight on RAW.
Im Better Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Naked Lunch

Cody is the cheesiest dude in wrestling.
You dudes cannot be serious.
His fake ass facial expressions - I just cant stand the guy.
That Rock segment on Raw tonight was 100% pure trash. The Rock was completely terrible throughout.

Im glad there are more options in wrestling these days - thats for sure. You could like what you like - but everything ive seen recently, especially tonight, is the reason I stopped watching WWE and wrestling completely in the first place.

Cody is the cheesiest dude in wrestling.
You dudes cannot be serious.
His fake ass facial expressions - I just cant stand the guy.
That Rock segment on Raw tonight was 100% pure trash. The Rock was completely terrible throughout.

Im glad there are more options in wrestling these days - thats for sure. You could like what you like - but everything ive seen recently, especially tonight, is the reason I stopped watching WWE and wrestling completely in the first place.
I'll admit, I'm not that biggest Cody fan. I liked him more when he was delusional about having a scar on his face and put paper bags over everyone lol. Roman has much more of a presence, so it does seem like a step backwards, even though I understand the story and significance.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't mind the long segment.

WWE was terrible under the Vince McMahon era and he created many storylines that either made no sense or were dropped after a few weeks.

Cody's story needed a conclusion and a setup for the future.

After watching this segment we're going to ask.

- What's The Rock going to do now after Mania?
- When is The Rock going to return?
- Who is Cody's next big opponent?
- What did The Rock hand Cody?

I enjoy watching good matches, but when there's a good storyline behind it, then that makes it even better.

I don't mind the long segment.

WWE was terrible under the Vince McMahon era and he created many storylines that either made no sense or were dropped after a few weeks.

Cody's story needed a conclusion and a setup for the future.

After watching this segment we're going to ask.

- What's The Rock going to do now after Mania?
- When is The Rock going to return?
- Who is Cody's next big opponent?
- What did The Rock hand Cody?

I enjoy watching good matches, but when there's a good storyline behind it, then that makes it even better.
I don't mind it, but I do think there was too much "dead" air on the Rock's end. I get it that he's trying to establish a mood, what the crowd needs, etc, but it was a bit of a miscalculation. I don't really mind since I've been watching for decades and every night isn't going to be your best, so its cool. I do agree that it set up for the future, and that was a good move. Overall though, the show was kinda dry for a post mania Raw. I'm cool though, considering the mania we got last night.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll admit, I'm not that biggest Cody fan. I liked him more when he was delusional about having a scar on his face and put paper bags over everyone lol. Roman has much more of a presence, so it does seem like a step backwards, even though I understand the story and significance.

Like Hunter said in the conference, it's really hard to make a baby-face wrestler. WWE tried to force a face-Reigns down people's throats for YEARS, trying to turn him into Cena. They failed because Cena, like Cody, was likable on his own and didn't need corporate keep trying to force it on people.

Like Hunter said in the conference, it's really hard to make a baby-face wrestler. WWE tried to force a face-Reigns down people's throats for YEARS, trying to turn him into Cena. They failed because Cena, like Cody, was likable on his own and didn't need corporate keep trying to force it on people.
Yeah, is always been that way. Heat is usually pretty easy to gather. What you do with it and how far you take it is another thing, but it's easy to get your foot in the door to be a bad guy. The crowd has to actually feel something for you to be a true baby face most of the time, and it's an extra layer some people just don't have. We've seen it from countless wrestlers with talent, but they never went anywhere since they couldn't connect with the fans in any real way. Cody actually does, and he has a history and lineage to draw from. Whatever he doesn't have as far as actual ring presence is made up for by it.

Edited for spelling. Auto correct got me.

Last edited:

Just_one

Iyo sky is such an underated wrestler...she´s amazing!! that counter in the end of bayley´s finisher was something else.

mania was amazing and the right guy won. love roman but it was cody´s time.

worst match goes to the usos, that was not good at all.

curious to see who steps up to cody as a heel since drew is feuding with punk.

we are entering a new era but they will have to find a great heel because roman was just legendary.

DKehoe

Again, Taker is working backstage now. Much easier to have him magically teleport into the ring as an equalizer when they need him instead of flying in Stone Cold for a spot.
Good thing his magical teleportation powers still work when he's in his casual gear.

I'm sure Punk appreciated them wasting TV time to corroborate everything he said while also emphatically disproving the desperate rumors that AEW fans were trying to spread the past few days about Perry reversing or slipping out of the hold.

I heard the crowd even got a "CM Punk" chant going. Well done Tony!

AJUMP23

Aew Really dumb footage. I do think it showed punk hit first. But no one’s life was in danger and aew exaggerated everything. They could have let it slide ot figure out how to make it work.

aew needs to get some long term story telling.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’m rooting for AEW. But what was the point of that. Free advertising for punk. Now way WWE are not going to respond back.

squallheart

I really don't understand aews point of thinking. If they thought this was the link they needed for ftr and young bucks match to make sense then this is cheap heat. They really want to push me to watch wwe. I think the only person this helped was
Great Job Reaction GIF by WWE

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
AEW jumped the WCW shark tonight.

What a dumb fucking idea to show that footage. What the fuck is Tony thinking between his snorts ..

Samoa Joe is a fucking trooper though. He deserves all the praises, he jumped in a nano-second and pulled Perry away and held him back all by himself.

AJUMP23

What a dumb fucking idea to show that footage. What the fuck is Tony thinking between his snorts ..

Samoa Joe is a fucking trooper though. He deserves all the praises, he jumped in a nano-second and pulled Perry away and held him back all by himself.
Well joe is a big dude. Perry is not.

Top Bottom