• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 25 Apr - 1 May

Jonnyram

Culex said:
What's the next really "big" release on the DS in Japan?
Brain Training for Adults, out next Thursday. It's based on one of the most popular books in Japan at the moment and it's a cheap title. It has the potential to be absolutely huge. Or if you're talking about "traditional" titles, there is Bomberman and SD Gundam the week after (26 May), and Goemon and Famicom Wars DS at the end of June.

SantaC

Who said that the DS would never pass the PSP in sales again in a thread like this 3 months ago. I need to find that quote for crow serving :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Amir0x said:
No matter how many females buy Nintendogs, it is going to be a long, cold day in hell before there is as many females as males that play games ;)

Just because they're not playing Halo, or GTA, or playing as many hours a day as men, doesn't mean females aren't playing games...

Amir0x said:
No matter how many females buy Nintendogs, it is going to be a long, cold day in hell before there is as many females as males that play games ;)

That is right, but expanding into untapped markets is a good thing, business-wise. Hence, the PSP from Sony, attempting to tap into the "adult" market. "Adults" will never play handheld games like adolescent and younger boys.

Mike Works said:
Seriously, it's one thing that Nintendo's aggrivating people who don't like them by currently besting Sony with a third tier product.

But to do it with a dog petting simulation?

And a pink system?

That's like five slaps in the face right there.

Five BBQ sauce covered backhands to the face.

Culex

Banned
It's going to be a fun day when the DS passes the PSP for 2005 yearly hardware totals :lol

The gap is only ~60k now!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Would anyone else die laughing if Polyphony Digital pulled a Konami and made GT Mobile the B-Spec mode from GT4? :lol

I kid, I kid. ;)

Flo_Evans

Fuzzy said:
Would anyone else die laughing if Polyphony Digital pulled a Konami and made GT Mobile the B-Spec mode from GT4? :lol

I kid, I kid. ;)

I would smash my PSP on the ground, then realizing what I had done, kill myself.

Jonnyram

According to Nintendo (via Shinobi), 42% of the buyers of Nintendogs are female.
It's reached almost 300k total according to Famitsu data.

Plus Nintendo is running a new campaign called "Touch! Generations" to advertise all the new borderline-game stuff.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that wouldn't be pulling a konami. that would be pulling a from software. gran turismo: formula front. the whole point of gt is collecting and then looking at shiny cars, so i'm not sure anyone would mind.

and diffense, i don't like nintendo's current consoles or their last several years of games. i wasn't clear, but i was referring to people who like playstation but bash sony anyway. it seems to be epidemic.

Gchaime

It must be all those years of rooting for the number two that makes me say this, but 40,000 units sold isn't bad at all. Who cares if the DS sold more (well, me for starters), it isn't a race.

duckroll

Fuzzy said:

I kid, I kid. ;)

Actually I would love that. Now to understand where I come from, you have to understand I'm not a big fan of GT to begin with, but I'm a HUGE fan of watching actual strategy and team tactics in F1 races. B-spec mode was the most interesting thing in GT4 for me since the GT series started, and I was kinda disappointed to hear that it wasn't as detailed and complex as I had hoped. If they expanded the entire B-spec mode into a full featured team strategy game with AI drivers you could recruit and contract by the seasons, manage your teams and improve up the tech tree seasons after seasons , I would soooooo eat it up. That's wishful thinking but that'll be far more interesting for me than just a port of GT4 on the PSP. For the record, Metal Gear Ac!d really rocked too. :D

Amir0x

Banned
djtiesto said:
Just because they're not playing Halo, or GTA, or playing as many hours a day as men, doesn't mean females aren't playing games...

it's a good thing, then, that I wasn't suggesting females aren't playing games and that I was, in fact, suggesting the exact opposite ;)

ya know, the statement that there will never be the same amount of girl gamers as guy gamers implies that there are already girl gamers :p And plenty of 'em, they have entire communities!

Crankenstein said:
That is right, but expanding into untapped markets is a good thing, business-wise. Hence, the PSP from Sony, attempting to tap into the "adult" market. "Adults" will never play handheld games like adolescent and younger boys.

Ok, and in both cases expanding into these respective "untapped" markets is good. Nobody suggested otherwise.

drohne said:
and diffense, i don't like nintendo's current consoles or their last several years of games. i wasn't clear, but i was referring to people who like playstation but bash sony anyway. it seems to be epidemic.
Well, I can think of dozens of non-Sony reasons to love the PlayStation.

Amir0x said:
Ok, and in both cases expanding into these respective "untapped" markets is good. Nobody suggested otherwise.

Sounds like you are suggesting it is a waste of time tapping into the female market to me.

Amir0x

Banned
Crankenstein said:
Sounds like you are suggesting it is a waste of time tapping into the female market to me.

No, that's just the Nintendo alertist within you. Don't worry, it'll pass. And then you'll re-read it and notice it just says that no matter how much we try there will never be as many girl gamers as males. That's not at all stating it's a waste of time. Shit, if any game gets even a single girl gamer interested than it isn't a waste of time to try to tap into that market (assuming there's a way to become at least marginally profitable there, which it's clear with Nintendogs there is).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Have any of you ever even met a girl gamer? I thought not. "

really? I'm marrying one next year.
My sister is a gamer
My mother is a gamer

... infact, it was my mother that got me into gaming.

Amir0x said:
No, that's just the Nintendo alertist within you. Don't worry, it'll pass. And then you'll re-read it and notice it just says that no matter how much we try there will never be as many girl gamers as males. That's not at all stating it's a waste of time. Shit, if any game gets even a single girl gamer interested than it isn't a waste of time to try to tap into that market (assuming there's a way to become at least marginally profitable there, which it's clear with Nintendogs there is).

:lol You do political speeches too?

Fularu

Banned
Amir0x said:
Shit, if any game gets even a single girl gamer interested than it isn't a waste of time to try to tap into that market (assuming there's a way to become at least marginally profitable there, which it's clear with Nintendogs there is).

The Sims screams at you

Odnetnin

Banned
DCharlie said:
really? I'm marrying one next year.
My sister is a gamer
My mother is a gamer

... infact, it was my mother that got me into gaming.

that total bastard :lol is completely owned by your comment. Read your blog a while back and already knew. Good work

Top Bottom