• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 9/17/05

cvxfreak

1. GBA - Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers
2. PS2 - Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Moshouden
3. NDS - Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi
4. NDS - Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training
5. PSP - World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution
6. GBA - Super Robot Taisen J
7. GBA - Dr. Mario + Panel de Pon
8. NDS - Yawaraka Atamajuku
9. NDS - Gyakuten Saiban DS
10. GBA - Mario Tennis Advance
11. NDS - JUMP SUPERSTARS
12. GBA - Mushiking
13. PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 9
14. PSP - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
15. PS2 - Fire Pro Returns
16. NDS - Gyakuten Saiban DS Limited Edition
17. PS2 - Tales of Legendia
18. GC - Pokemon XD: Yami no Kaze/Senpuu Dark Lugia
19. GC - Super Mario Stadium: Miracle Baseball
20. PS2 - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (Ultimate Hits)

AniHawk

Crazy, I tell you. Hardware sales will be very... interesting to say the least.

From the daily charts, I'm guessing the GBm did what it was supposed to. It gave the GBA a boost without killing off the DS.

Juice

I'll take it with a grain of salt, as Nintendo shit allways does better on weekends (and usually over holidays as well), but I have to say it's really interesting to see:

13/20 on Nintendo platforms
11/20 Games on Nintendo Portables

A couple years ago, if you'd told me I'd get used to seeing Nintendo have that good of top 20 daily sales, I would've said, "oh. that's unlikely."

PkunkFury

Rock_Man said:
Ok, so both WE 9 and Gyakuten Saiban bombs.

How did Gyakuten Saiban bomb? it is on the list twice, both position 16 and 9, If those totals were combined wouldn't it be up much higher than 9? I don't think anyone expected it to beat Tamagotchi, but it is doing pretty good.

PkunkFury said:
How did Gyakuten Saiban bomb? it is on the list twice, both position 16 and 9, If those totals were combined wouldn't it be up much higher than 9? I don't think anyone expected it to beat Tamagotchi, but it is doing pretty good.

this is not its first day on the charts it was higher
I think it was posted in another thread

3pillars7ig.jpg

Japan Daily 9.15

1. Shin Sengoku Musou 4 Moshouden PS2
2. Super Robot Taisen J GBA
3. Tamagotchi DS
4. WE9 PSP
5. Gyakuten Saiban DS
6. Gyakuten Saiban Limited edition DS

7. Famicon Mini SUper Mario Brothers GB
8. FirePro returns
9. Brain Training DS
10. Stand Alone Complex PSP
11. Gokujou Seitoukai (extreme student council ?!) PS2
12. Dr. Mario & Panel de pon GB
13. Mario tennis advance GB
14. Soft brain training DS
15. Moto GP4 PS2 (ouch)
16. Shin Sangoku Musou Moshouden Treasure Box PS2
17. WE9 PS2
18. Jump Super Stars DS
19. Shin Sangoku Musou Moshouden Premium Pack PS2
20. Brother in arms PS2

9/15 posted a few days ago

Ruzbeh

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
1. GBA - Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers
2. PS2 - Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Moshouden
3. NDS - Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi
4. NDS - Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training

5. PSP - World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution
6. GBA - Super Robot Taisen J
7. GBA - Dr. Mario + Panel de Pon
8. NDS - Yawaraka Atamajuku
9. NDS - Gyakuten Saiban DS
10. GBA - Mario Tennis Advance
11. NDS - JUMP SUPERSTARS
12. GBA - Mushiking

13. PS2 - World Soccer Winning Eleven 9
14. PSP - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
15. PS2 - Fire Pro Returns
16. NDS - Gyakuten Saiban DS Limited Edition
17. PS2 - Tales of Legendia
18. GC - Pokemon XD: Yami no Kaze/Senpuu Dark Lugia
19. GC - Super Mario Stadium: Miracle Baseball
20. PS2 - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix (Ultimate Hits)
holyshit-dominating-ds-lolz.jpg

Rock_Man

PkunkFury said:

Position 9 and 16 are under the brain training that we know sells around 4k a day. Gyakuten Saiban probably sold around 6-8k in its third day. It didn´t bomb, but at least I expected more. On the other hand, I expected much more from WE.

heidern

Rock_Man said:
Position 9 and 16 are under the brain training that we know sells around 4k a day. Gyakuten Saiban probably sold around 6-8k in its third day. It didn´t bomb, but at least I expected more. On the other hand, I expected much more from WE.
Except that most games sell mostly on their first day. We've had Brain Training overtake games that debut over 100K for the week on the daily charts. The only way to truly judge new releases is on release day. And to be honest Winning Eleven and Gyakuten Saiban could be anywhere between 30-130K, you just can't tell except though guessing by looking at past performance.

Oh, here's that pic linked above.
gbmpsp.jpg

Rock_Man

heidern said:
Except that most games sell mostly on their first day. We've had Brain Training overtake games that debut over 100K for the week on the daily charts. The only way to truly judge new releases is on release day. And to be honest Winning Eleven and Gyakuten Saiban could be anywhere between 30-130K, you just can't tell except though guessing by looking at past performance.

Games with sales of over 100k usually ranks higher than brain training for more than one day.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
I think WE PSP's downfall is it's gauranteed not to have good word of mouth. In comparison to the PS2 version it apparently plays almost identical but has hardly any of the feautures or options or lastability.

Here's hoping they try next year and try and bulk it up some. The World Tour mode in Virtua Tennis is probably better than the DC/PS2 incarnations. Take note, Konami.

datruth29

heidern said:

Oh, here's that pic linked above.
gbmpsp.jpg

Thats fuckin hilarious. 10/10 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Culex

Banned
That's quite impressive that Tamagotchi is outselling Winning Eleven. I guess there really is nothing left that can help the PSP outsell the DS.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Culex said:
That's quite impressive that Tamagotchi is outselling Winning Eleven. I guess there really is nothing left that can help the PSP outsell the DS.
Yes, NCL has to forget about Japan and focus on NoA and NoE. Japan is pretty much in the bag already.

heidern

Ruzbeh said:
Yes, NCL has to forget about Japan and focus on NoA and NoE. Japan is pretty much in the bag already.

jman2050 said:
Once Pokemon comes out, they should do just that.

Judging by the fact Nintendogs has pushed ~500K in North America in just 3 weeks they may not even need to wait that long.

heidern said:
Judging by the fact Nintendogs has pushed ~500K in North America in just 3 weeks they may not even need to wait that long.

I have noticed that stock is back in as of last week, but I'm gonna need a link for this.

Culex

Banned
heidern said:

...and you know this how? I don't want word of mouth, either.

Razoric

Banned
Culex said:

His local Walmart was sold out of the Dachshund version. So judging by that it must be around 500k... maybe even 800k.

heidern

jman2050 said:
Wait what? Where did you hear this?
sonycowboy said:
I have noticed that stock is back in as of last week, but I'm gonna need a link for this.
Culex said:

Heh. Actually it was right under all our noses.

Nintendo said:
Nintendogs for the DS, a virtual and sophisticated dogfest, has taken the gaming world by storm, already selling more than 1.5 million units in Japan and North America combined.

Nintendo have only recently announced that Nintendogs has passed 1 million in Japan and the rate of sales is now well under 20K a week so it will only be a little over 1 million. So most of that >0.5K is for the DS. Note it is North America, not just US and the article is dated the 16th.

jman2050

heidern said:
Heh. Actually it was right under all our noses.

Nintendo have only recently announced that Nintendogs has passed 1 million in Japan and the rate of sales is now well under 20K a week so it will only be a little over 1 million. So most of that >0.5K is for the DS. Note it is North America, not just US and the article is dated the 16th.

Well I'll be damned...

Ruzbeh

Banned
North America... that's the US and Canada combined... oh well. Not as impressive, but impressive nevertheless!

jman2050

Ruzbeh said:
North America... that's the US and Canada combined... oh well. Not as impressive, but impressive nevertheless!

I thought the rule of thumb was 10% for Canada... that'd make it 450k in NA, if heidern's assertions are correct that is.

Hmm, but they are talking about shipped units, don't they? I mean 500k shipped in NA until the 16th is great, cause the shortage probably wasn't as big as we all thought.

jman2050

Frankfurter said:
Hmm, but they are talking about shipped units, don't they? I mean 500k shipped in NA until the 16th is great, cause the shortage probably wasn't as big as we all thought.

From what I understood about Nintendo's history, they never use shipped numbers. That's an exclusive Sony tactic :p

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

heidern said:

Ehh, I think that's a bit questionable trying to pull out numbers like that. Not that I don't think Nintendogs will do spectacularly, because it will, but because there was a sell out nationwide for the most part up until last week. It'll take awhile for the numbers to come out in October for September's NPD though (October 14th), so we could still see some pretty great numbers for Nintendogs.

jman2050 said:
From what I understood about Nintendo's history, they never use shipped numbers. That's an exclusive Sony tactic :p

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Of course they do. (And it's also a Microsoft "tactic").

jman2050

On topic, 9/18 is up at Yahoo. I'd have Google translate it or something, but I don't have time...

1 GBA ファミコンミニ スーパーマリオブラザーズ(再販版) 任天堂 ACT 2005/9/13
2 PS2 真・三國無双4 猛将伝 コーエー ACT 2005/9/15
3 NDS たまごっちのプチプチおみせっち バンダイ ETC 2005/9/15
4 NDS 東北大学未来科学技術共同研究センター 川島隆太教授監修 脳を鍛える大人のDSトレーニング 任天堂 ETC 2005/5/19
5 PSP ワールドサッカー ウイニングイレブン9 ユビキタス エヴォリューション コナミ SPT 2005/9/15
6 GBA スーパーロボット大戦J バンプレスト SLG 2005/9/15
7 NDS やわらかあたま塾 任天堂 PUZ 2005/6/30
8 GBA Dr.MARIO&パネルでポン 任天堂 PUZ 2005/9/13
9 NDS 逆転裁判 蘇る逆転 カプコン AVG 2005/9/15
10 GBA マリオテニスアドバンス 任天堂 SPT 2005/9/13
11 NDS JUMP SUPER STARS 任天堂 ACT 2005/8/8
12 GBA 甲虫王者ムシキング ~グレイテストチャンピオンへの道~ セガ RPG 2005/6/23
13 PS2 ワールドサッカーウイニングイレブン9 コナミ SPT 2005/8/4
14 PS2 テイルズ オブ レジェンディア ナムコ RPG 2005/8/25
15 GC ポケモンXD 闇の旋風ダーク・ルギア 任天堂 RPG 2005/8/4
16 PS2 NARUTO -ナルト- うずまき忍伝 バンダイ ACT 2005/8/18
17 PSP 攻殻機動隊 STAND ALONE COMPLEX -狩人の領域- ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント STG 2005/9/15
18 PS2 機動戦士ガンダムSEED DESTINY ~GENERATION of C.E.~ バンダイ SLG 2005/8/25
19 NDS nintendogs 柴&フレンズ 任天堂 SLG 2005/4/21
20 GC スーパーマリオスタジアム ミラクルベースボール

Seems WE does have some legs, though Tamagotchi and Brain Training continue to pwn it.

Top Bottom