• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales: 9/17/05

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't this the second time a GBA SMB re-release has topped the chart? :lol

Or is this the original famicom mini release resurrecting with the micro launch?

cvxfreak

scola said:
Isn't this the second time a GBA SMB re-release has topped the chart? :lol

Or is this the original famicom mini release resurrecting with the micro launch?

This release is the original Famicom mini release re-released along with the release of the re-release of the GBA, released under the name Game Boy micro.

Be thankful/saddened Nintendo didn't do it with the whole Famicom Mini series, or with a 4th set. :lol

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
the scary thing is that the SMB rom on REV is going to do it all again =/
I hope nintendo keeps and reports tallys on DLed games for the revolution, should be extremely interesting.

I guess nintendo was right, in Japan at least. We will see how the WiFi for DS works out in the US. I have a feeling that will be the US analog to brain training, I think a portable online Mario Kart and Animal crossing could be huge judging by GC penetrations of those respetive titles.

We will see, I admire some of what Nintendo is doing with the DS in Japan but it just doesn't translate to the West imo

PkunkFury

Fuzzy said:
So will this chart now be posted in every Japanese sales thread? :lol

p26.gif

Wow, great chart! And this is sell through right? so if the Nintendog shipments are higher than GC game shipments during those weeks, they are indeed selling quite a bit more as well? I can't believe the brain training sell through in the later weeks has reached > 100!!!

It's a wonderful game, I'm glad I imported. Hope It comes to america so I can score the reading portions more accurately

Culex

Banned
I don't think anyone here can reasonably expect the PSP to outsell the DS now.

Tamagotchi + Brain Training > White PSP + WE9.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

polg

Culex said:
I don't think anyone here can reasonably expect the PSP to outsell the DS now.

Tamagotchi + Brain Training > White PSP + WE9.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

micro + famicom mini > Tamagotchi + Brain Training > White PSP + WE UBomba Evolution

cvxfreak

neo2046 said:
from a credible site
Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros has sold around 200k in the first week :D

12 GBA Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers Nintendo 2004/2/14 2100 576,859

"Original" version.

Wow.

I wonder what total sales of Super Mario Bros. are now in Japan?

I know the original Famicom version is still the best selling single video game in Japanese history.

Culex

Banned
polg said:
micro + famicom mini > Tamagotchi + Brain Training > White PSP + WE U.Bomba

It's already a given that the GBM outsold both.

The real story is how close the PSP/DS are going to be.

DS and PSP shouldn't even be close though.

If PSP can't outsell the DS by a large margin given Winning Eleven and a new hardware color ... they're seriously fuxxored in Japan.

Nintendo should definitely have a Famicom-colored Revolution model for launch or shortly thereafter.

White PSP + Winning Eleven 9: UE + Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children should be much more than enough to handle Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop.

It will be interesting to see how much more Nintendo handhelds dominated than normal. :)

cvxfreak

gamewhooper said:
White PSP + Winning Eleven 9: UE + Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children should be much more than enough to handle Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop.

It will be interesting to see how much more Nintendo handhelds dominated than normal. :)

But then you gotta consider the Brain Training games, which are essentially new games each week.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
WTF, I thought the micro only sold around 175K or something... wonder if that means it's going to be a bigger number than that or if there were a lot of people who bought Mario for the 1028102 time just cuz it's his birthday.

cvxfreak

Michirou_53 said:
Original SMB2 won't sell like SMB in Japan. It was too difficult. I'm talking about the original SMB2.

Well yeah, but SMB2 still would have sold quite a bit of copies. Would have been THE Mario celebration of a lifetime really.

Well, enough theorizing. Let's anticipate tomorrow's charts. :D

polg

CVXFREAK said:
Well yeah, but SMB2 still would have sold quite a bit of copies. Would have been THE Mario celebration of a lifetime really.

Well, enough theorizing. Let's anticipate tomorrow's charts. :D

Does it mean it's predictions time?

Micro 150K+
DS 60K+
PSP 40K+
XBOX -68

mj1108

gamewhooper said:

You're forgetting that Sony is also going up against the holiday called Easter.

It's a Revolution.

Thing is once the Rev arrives, this industry will be going back to the days when Nintendo ruled, only this time around Nintendo won't be ruthless to 3rd parties, they will be sinking in their own crap. You can't sell shitware to a fanbase that's used to getting nothing but quality from an early age. That shit doesn't fly with Nintendo fans. A nintendo fan knows a game is shit just by looking at it.

mj1108

CVXFREAK said:
Next thing you know, Thanksgiving will be blamed for high DS sales at the end of November.

:lol

No, even during Thanksgiving it's STILL Easter. Or do we call it Thankster?

heidern

neo2046 said:
from a credible site
Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros has sold around 200k in the first week :D

What the fuck?

The original rerelease of this game debuted in 5th place on the weekly charts with 65,100 sold. Now the rerelease of the rerelease on the same hardware debuts at triple the sales? If true that's pretty much the most insane sales happening to ever happen in gaming. Looks like the appeal of nostalgia really is growing with time. It doesn't matter what the REvolution really does, Nintendo are going to make an absolute killing off of the virtual console download service.

I think a lot of people purchasing the Famicom model GB Micro probably picked up Super Mario Bros. ... you can't have one without the other.

Nintendo would be wise to do something similar for Revolution launch in Japan ... Famicom pack with Famicom colored console and Super Mario Bros. installed onto the system.

Vargas

norinrad21 said:
It's a Revolution.

Thing is once the Rev arrives, this industry will be going back to the days when Nintendo ruled, only this time around Nintendo won't be ruthless to 3rd parties, they will be sinking in their own crap. You can't sell shitware to a fanbase that's used to getting nothing but quality from an early age. That shit doesn't fly with Nintendo fans. A nintendo fan knows a game is shit just by looking at it.

You cannot really belive that bullshit that you spewed can you?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BorkBork said:
WTF, I thought the micro only sold around 175K or something... wonder if that means it's going to be a bigger number than that or if there were a lot of people who bought Mario for the 1028102 time just cuz it's his birthday.
I know exactly where the 175K number comes from. Nintendo reported that 250K GBM's were shipped. One store said they had 70% of their stock pre-ordered before they even came in and people translated that one store's figures to all stores.

jman2050

norinrad21 said:
It's a Revolution.

What? :lol

Fuzzy said:
I know exactly where the 175K number comes from. Nintendo reported that 250K GBM's were shipped. One store said they had 70% of their stock pre-ordered before they even came in and people translated that one store's figures to all stores.

Yes, I was actually thinking about this... most of you couldn't have possibly misinterpreted that >_>

neo2046

sorry guys, maybe I am mis-understood myself
Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros should be around 150k only

and there is another site talk about the hardware sales
GBM around 150k (famicom color around 60%)
PSP around double sales as usual

Culex

Banned
neo2046 said:
sorry guys, maybe I am mis-understood myself
Famicom Mini: Super Mario Bros should be around 150k only

and there is another site talk about the hardware sales
GBM around 150k (famicom color around 60%)
PSP around double sales as usual

So that would put the PSP around 44k, then?

I'd imagine that Tamagotchi, Ace Attorney and the resurgence of Brain Training would increase DS hardware by at least 5k, no?

Mihail

Banned
norinrad21 said:
It's a Revolution.

I am in awe of how stupid I suddenly feel. This requires some ultra-advanced, space-age reading comprehension.

heidern

jarrod said:
So most likely, the numbers are around...

GBA~ 150k+
DS~ 45-55k
PSP~ 40-45k

Last week the DS did 48K with no new releases. This week there's Tamagotchi which is probably between 60-100K and Gyatuken Saiban which is probably 40-60K as well as the weekly new releases of Brain Training this week. Taking that into account we could very well see DS sales hit as high as 60-70K this week. But if I were to guess I'd guess 58K. Oh and Rockman EXE 6 is hitting GBA in November now and that could all told very well be the biggest handheld release for the last quarter. Shit, the handheld market was already pounding the home console market anyway, now this Game Boy resurgence is gonna make it explode even more.

Top Bottom