• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan event schedule (summer-fall 2005)

Jonnyram

The big news spread in Famitsu this week is a list of all the events and news we can expect this summer onwards.

First the timetable:
Jul 17: Pokemon Festa
Jul 21: PlayStation Meeting 2005
Jul 25: Xbox Summit 2005
Jul 30/31: Square Enix Party 2005
Aug 18-21: Game Convention (Germany)
Aug 29: CEDEC2005
Aug 30-Sep 1: GDC Europe
Sep 1-3: Amusement Machine Show
Sep 16-18: Tokyo Game Show 2005
Fall: Game Boy Micro on sale
Year end: Xbox360 on sale
Within year: Nintendo WiFi service starts
Within year: Nintendo announces Revolution details

And then the in depth stuff from the editorial:

Xbox Summit 2005
Third party stuff from Capcom, Sega, Tecmo and Namco confirmed at E3.
Also likely to see titles from Konami, Bandai, Koei and an additional surprise.

PlayStation Meeting 2005
Probably won't see release date and price of PS3, but at least some schedule for when it is likely to be released.
More about specs of PS3, plus more Japan-oriented titles.

TGS2005
Expect most of the 360 titles shown at Summit to be playable.
Kutaragi said the PS3 should be playable but they (Famitsu) don't expect it will be.

Nintendo?
Nintendo will probably have a big announcement around the time of TGS.
Although they don't think it will include Revolution details (including controller).
More likely it will be full details of the Nintendo DS Network service.

Year-end sales wars
Xbox 360 is expected to play the main role.
FFXII might be seen after all... Square Enix said 2005 fiscal, but development is running at full tilt.

mutsu said:
11 more days until we find out the X360 surprise...
Without knowing anything about it, I'll make a prediction.

It'll sound really earth-shattering at first, and then they'll actually announce further details on it, and it won't sound so much like a sure thing anymore coughARTOONcough

We won’t see the Revolution until Sony and Microsoft show off the PS3 and Xbox 360 and say, this is it, this is what you are getting.
Wouldn’t surprise me, if Nintendo just went silent until E3 next year!
If anywhere I feel they will debut it in America, to try and recapture some of the market like with the DS

MassiveAttack said:
7 more days until we find out the PS3 surprise...

A good surprise? Ninja Gaiden 2 PS3 exclusive?
biggrinpimp0ao.gif

bloke

Jonnyram said:
Xbox Summit 2005
Third party stuff from Capcom, Sega, Tecmo and Namco confirmed at E3.
Also likely to see titles from Konami, Bandai, Koei and an additional surprise.
Famitsu editors said that? I wonder what Sega E3 stuff they're talking about.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SantaCruZer said:
yeah didn't sonic team said that they were making sonic 360 back in march/april?
Yeah, and I had already seen some mentions of Sonic 360 somewhere before E3 too.

Ruzbeh

Banned
*sigh* It's going to be so long before Nintendo releases any info on DS network and Revolution details and controller. :(

u_neek

sp0rsk said:
:/ not really.

Apparently the tech-demo they showed behind closed doors at E3 looked really good. I'm looking forward to seeing a next-gen Sonic... with furries..

Virtua Fighter 5 would rock too!

Lo-Volt

u_neek said:
A Sonic 360 announcement at the Xbox Summit would be nice as hell!

Nothing against Sonic in 3D, but a Jet Set or Shenmue or insert other Dreamcast masterpiece that should be seen by more gamers announcement would be more interesting to me. But at this stage, I could only imagine SEGA has more important things to worry about than the fate of those IPs.

u_neek

Lo-Volt said:
Nothing against Sonic in 3D, but a Jet Set or Shenmue or insert other Dreamcast masterpiece that should be seen by more gamers announcement would be more interesting to me. But at this stage, I could only imagine SEGA has more important things to worry about than the fate of those IPs.

So true but a Sonic announcement is more likely. I would kill for a new Shenmue..or Jet Set Radio for that matter.

Top Bottom