• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Japan Time! The Official Phantom Hourglass (JP) Thread

ziran

I thought TSA was hinting at downloadable DS demos from Wii?

Regardless, I echo what's already been said, if you have something you can't talk about I'd rather you not say anything.

And, thanks for the impressions from those who have the game, it sounds awesome!! :D

Sule

Lee N said:
What are you talking about? 10 letters, "e" on place 3 and 6..

tYDFNNdVR.png

Previewing has I's in it, he already revealed where the I's are, so unless he made a mistake by not putting the I's in the third word, previewing is not it.

lol, apparently he has some other way of ''revealing a letter every day'' than we thought. An I was just added, preview is still possible it seems.

EDIT 2: previewing is not it it seems the E moved one place to the left. No place for VI between the two E's. This is frustrating and it's back to the drawing board again.

Sule said:
Previewing has I's in it, he already revealed where the I's are, so unless he made a mistake by not putting the I's in the third word, previewing is not it.

Assuming it's like a game of hangman. But it may not be.
In any case, I'm interested to find out what it'll turn out to be.

Lee N

Membre
Sule said:
I didn't know we were playing hangman, I thought he could add a letter at a time regardless of how many of the same letter appears in the rest of the sentence.

nofi

Lee N said:
What are you talking about? 10 letters, "e" on place 3 and 6..

tYDFNNdVR.png

Nice pic.

Except in his post there are two spaces between the last E and the I.

I'm still going with 'pretending'.

Either or, apparently I can pick up my copy in about 3 hours. I'll spoil the whole damn game...

unless the game box has some crafty NDA in it.

Lee N

Membre
nofilter said:
Nice pic.

Except in his post there are two spaces between the last E and the I.
That I wasn't there when I started trying to figure out what it said.. maybe Radioheadrule83 quoted an old version.

But good point, it's not "previewing"..

nofi

Lee N said:
That I wasn't there when I started trying to figure out what it said.. maybe Radioheadrule83 quoted an old version.

But good point, it's not "previewing"..

Might be though. He might just have made a mistake - it sounds more plausable.

Who knows...?

nofi

Cdammen said:
I want to import and play this so bad but the language barrier will be dense :(

It's Zelda though. My Japanese is basic (ish) but managed with Minish Cap and Wind Waker through to completion with little problems.

Sure, there's some trial and error, but - hey - at least the game lasts you longer. :)

plank

I've been seen the latest screens and previews, and noticed that I'm not seeing any other enemy besides chus and bats. :/

NotWii

Banned
SCReuter said:
They should've let TSA present Twilight Princess at E32006, Bill's demo was embarassing (LET'S NOT WOW YOU WITH THE FIRE BOSS) and made me less excited about the game.

nofi

plank said:
I've been seen the latest screens and previews, and noticed that I'm not seeing any other enemy besides chus and bats. :/

No, those are the only enemies in the game. Sometimes there's a tree you have to walk around though.

Cdammen

nofilter said:
It's Zelda though.
Mhm, but don't you have to know how to write in Japanese (hiragana, katakana, kanji, romaji or whatever) to complete some of the tasks in this game? I'm pretty sure I've read it somewhere :(

ant1532

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
YesAsia is dreadful. I preordered FF3 DS from there, and it was backordered a month before they cancelled it. Never again.
And now I am scared. I ordered from them once(Ouendan) and got it fine and quickly but never preordered.

I love Play-Asia hella more and ordered from them a lot of times (maybe 20) and yeah, just didn't have enough money to go with them and their shipping this time. I usually always go with them since they've let me down.

Jun 22, 2007 05:15:00 US ALISO VIEJO OUT FOR DELIVERY
Jun 22, 2007 03:00:00 US ALISO VIEJO ARRIVAL SCAN
Jun 22, 2007 02:01:00 US ONTARIO DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 22, 2007 01:08:00 US ONTARIO LOCATION SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 23:26:00 US ONTARIO IMPORT SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 21:26:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 21:15:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 19:42:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 18:40:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 04:09:41 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It arrives...dun dun dun dun!

ant1532

Banned
TSA said:
Jun 22, 2007 05:15:00 US ALISO VIEJO OUT FOR DELIVERY
Jun 22, 2007 03:00:00 US ALISO VIEJO ARRIVAL SCAN
Jun 22, 2007 02:01:00 US ONTARIO DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 22, 2007 01:08:00 US ONTARIO LOCATION SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 23:26:00 US ONTARIO IMPORT SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 21:26:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 21:15:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 19:42:00 HK CHEK LAP KOK HUB SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 18:40:00 HK KWAI CHUNG PICKUP SCAN
Jun 21, 2007 04:09:41 HK BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It arrives...dun dun dun dun!
:(

Actually this is great news! Now get started on the translation guide so when mine comes in Monday I can play with ease! :D

Oh yeah forgot to send in the PM reply to you when you told me about the Translation guide and ect but hella thanks dude and thats going to help me and I'm sure a lot of other people!

RagnarokX

you know Phantom Hourglass fits in the mystery slots.

_ a_ __e__e____ _______ _________ a_ __ __i_ _e__.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _...._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
p h a n t o m....h o u r g..l a s s

I am previewing phantom hourglass at E3 this week.

could be the english version...

ant1532

Banned
I don't know if it's about the english version of Phantom Hourglass. Pm'd him about that.
Conversation said:
ant1532 said:
I know you might be under an NDA but you said by NoA. Question is, please tell me if I should wait to import if you think the english copy is coming sooner then I think (october)

I am at the order page now...
TSA said:
Oh no, it's coming out later than sooner. It's something else I can't talk about...it will be awesome though when I can talk about it.

I call the word with the "e"s is pretending and he is just playin with us in excitment of getting PH.

BuddyC

TSA said:
Sorry guys, I do wish that was what was happening. You guys are VERY close, but just a bit off. Keep the guessing up ;)
Spill it or lose your account. We don't encourage that type of "I KNOW SOMETHING BUT YOU DON'T AND I CAN'T TELL LULZ" teasing and baiting like that around here.

ant1532

Banned
BuddyC said:
Spill it or lose your account. We don't encourage that type of "I KNOW SOMETHING BUT YOU DON'T AND I CAN'T TELL LULZ" teasing and baiting like that around here.
Hold up, if he really can't tell can we at least let him get away on a warning just this once!? I mean he is making translation guides and is gunna be a lot of help to importers of Phantom Hourglass when we all get it in this weekend!(and next week depending on shippin)

My translator Patricia also is getting the game pretty soon, and she has agreed to work on a translation guide.

I also just got a really cool screenshot of the "collection" screen:

CollectionScreen.jpg

Thanks to Hypernyte for it.

Goddess Pearls?

sphinx

the piano man
just passed by to say: TSA really screwed up with the " secret message " thing. He already pissed off a mod, not a good sign at all.

I wonder what's going to happen now.

jokerpopcorn.jpg

ant1532

Banned
sphinx said:
just passed by to say: TSA really screwed up with the " secret message " thing. He already pissed off a mod, not a good sign at all.

I wonder what's going to happen now.

jokerpopcorn.jpg
Well lets not make it worse then it is now so lets just drop it for now.

Alright, got the first part of the story:
Shiera (the fairy) says she lost her memory after being in a situation similar to Link's. She just remembers waking up in that island and being helped by Shiwan. Then she tells you that there have been many earthquakes recently, and that the number of monsters has increased. Also, Shiwan mentions many people have disappeared at sea lately, but none of them has come back.

ant1532

Banned
TSA said:
Alright, got the first part of the story:
Shiera (the fairy) says she lost her memory after being in a situation similar to Link's. She just remembers waking up in that island and being helped by Shiwan. Then she tells you that there have been many earthquakes recently, and that the number of monsters has increased. Also, Shiwan mentions many people have disappeared at sea lately, but none of them has come back.
Awesome keep em coming!

This introduction really feels like Link's Awakening. That part where the lightning hits the ship...this "monsters are increasing" lately...Link waking up after.

Watch...the final boss will be The Nightmares again, heh.

ant1532

Banned
Kobun Heat said:

i am interviewing shigeru miyamoto at E3 this year.
Hold on, did you get this because you're interviewing him too or is it just because you have amazing skittles?

Either way, congrats to both of you!

The staff told me I need to set you guys straight. Everyone of you have been wrong in your guesses. I apologize for making a big deal out of something like this, for leading people on, and for breaking one of the rules. I will not be able to say what I know, and I should never have brought it up. I won't do it again, and I hope that I can still make the rest of this thread worthwhile with continuing coverage of the Japanese version of this game.

Thanks.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Kobun Heat said:

i am interviewing shigeru miyamoto at E3 this year.

Awesome! How many questions are you allowed? Can I suggest a few pleeeeeeeeeease?! ^________^

Apparently there are 28 islands and 8 dungeons. Playtime around 15-20 hours. Niether Ganon nor Vaati are the final boss. Courage, Wisdom, Power theme for the dungeons. Fire Dungeon boss apparently is "cool".

Somebody said this on my site.

Oblivion

TSA said:
Apparently there are 28 islands and 8 dungeons. Playtime around 15-20 hours. Niether Ganon nor Vaati are the final boss. Courage, Wisdom, Power theme for the dungeons. Fire Dungeon boss apparently is "cool".

Oh, shit. So it's nothing more than a cell shaded
TP/OoT clone
?

Can't wait to see the endless bitching, now.

TSA said:

You know, such spoilers should be bannable.
This isnt even talk between gamers who play the game right now, it´s just...a spoiler.
Well, now it happened, just would be nice if it didnt happen again in the future :)

Oblivion

Oblivion said:
Oh, shit. So it's nothing more than a cell shaded
TP/OoT clone
?

Can't wait to see the endless bitching, now.

Actually, even better. People will probably bitch about it being
WW 1.5.

MasterMFauli said:
You know, such spoilers should be bannable.
This isnt even talk between gamers who play the game right now, it´s just...a spoiler.
Well, now it happened, just would be nice if it didnt happen again in the future :)

Well, I mean...a guy posted it...so it's not verifiable yet. It's more or less somebody "saying" that's what happened. I mean, the game is out...and this info can be made public...and I mean, it is marked as a spoiler. It's not bannable to post a marked spoiler, is it? Nobody made you read the spoiler...

TSA said:
and I mean, it is marked as a spoiler. It's not bannable to post a marked spoiler, is it? Nobody made you read the spoiler...

Nintendo made me, the day they created Zelda-awsomeness. T think you get it ;-)

It´s esier to avoid official topics about games that are out already, but we´re all waiting for the game, so such explicit spoilers shouldnt be given. and im not speaking about the amount of islands, i wont remember that number when i get the game. ^^

Now you know what Final Fantasy fans go through every time a new game comes out.

But seriously. Let me break it down.

The number of islands: Really doesn't matter because you don't know how big they are. Tingle RPG Had...crud...12 islands? I forgot I haven't played it since last year. But I mean, that game took forever the first time, easily around 20 hours. But it's possible this game has 28 "small" islands that aren't as big. I doubt it. It's all relative. I know, I know, now you know when you visit an island, you have X amount left to visit. But I think during the course of the game, you'll forget, or if you don't encounter that X amount, you'll be off exploring - it might actually "help" your experience.

The number of hours: People said Twilight Princess was 70-100 hours, which it was for some people. It was 30 hours for me. It may be 50 hours for somebody else. Same with this game. If the spoiler info is true, it means somebody is very good at Zelda and games in general, and they would take less time to beat it. So 15-20 hours for a skilled player is probably 30-40 for an average. But again, all pointless because it is unique to the player. I really hate people estimating "length" of a game, but it always happens.

The content: All the stuff he said was ambiguous at best. He wasn't very detailed.

rdellw

What exactly is the nature of the above spoilers? Is it like storyline spoilers or what? o_O I mean I wouldn't be inclined to click on them if I knew what they were.
EDIT: Ah, thats been cleared up above i see.

Also, i hope a translation guide comes out before I get my copy of the game, as I'm probably going to have a lot of trouble playing it without one apparently. x_X

Top Bottom