• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Travel |OT| One does simply not visit just once

Trojan X

Banned
Making itinerary for 5 days Tokyo and I have no idea what to do.

29 March Asakusa
30 March Shibuya, Shinjuku, Yoyogi park and meiji shrine
31 March going to Mitaka for Ghibli and Odaiba
1 April DisneySea maybe? Or Hakone
2 April I have no idea.

I spent my first 5 nights in Kyoto, then 5 nights in Tokyo and last night in Osaka.

Should I make it 6 nights in Kyoto or 2 nights in Osaka and 4 Nights in Tokyo?

I'm a little confused with your sentences but do you already have anything in mind regarding how to spend your time in Kyoto? If you do then maybe your plan might be ok, but you have to consider whether you have been to Japan before. If this is your first time in japan then you should adjust your stays with Tokyo in higher priority as there are more things to do there. So please elaborate with what you would like to do and confirm whether or not this will be your first time in Japan.

scarlet

I'm a little confused with your sentences but do you already have anything in mind regarding how to spend your time in Kyoto? If you do then maybe your plan might be ok, but you have to consider whether you have been to Japan before. If this is your first time in japan then you should adjust your stays with Tokyo in higher priority as there are more things to do there. So please elaborate with what you would like to do and confirm whether or not this will be your first time in Japan.

Hahaha sorry.

Yeah, it's gonna be my first time.
I have fixed plans for Kyoto and Osaka, but clueless for Tokyo.

Any idea what to do in Tokyo?

I would like to do anything.

Trojan X

Banned
Hahaha sorry.

Yeah, it's gonna be my first time.
I have fixed plans for Kyoto and Osaka, but clueless for Tokyo.

Any idea what to do in Tokyo?

I would like to do anything.

Holy crap. You just opened a massive can of worms there. To help, what are you going to do in Kyoto and Osaka? Are you also a person that is into Japan culture especially the entertainment side? Also, do you love taking photos? All these plus anything more you can add will make a difference to what to recommend.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
you doing the skytree while you're in asakasa?

also try not to cram your days full of stuff, build some space into the itinerary. You'll find things to do even if they are just distractions, like strolling around harajuku or wherever.

scarlet

Holy crap. You just opened a massive can of worms there. To help, what are you going to do in Kyoto and Osaka? Are you also a person that is into Japan culture especially the entertainment side? Also, do you love taking photos? All these plus anything more you can add will make a difference to what to recommend.

Going to temple hopping and hanami if the timing is right in Kyoto, and relaxing in Nara. In Osaka just gonna eat okonomiyaki, going to dotonburi at night and umeda lol.

and yes to all of your questions

you doing the skytree while you're in asakasa?

also try not to cram your days full of stuff, build some space into the itinerary. You'll find things to do even if they are just distractions, like strolling around harajuku or wherever.

Yeah, Skytree too

I know my limit, just going 2/3 places each day and and spending my time there

Awesome! Case closed for you. Remember all that helped you and please stay in contact with them. You will thank me later again. :)

If you want to be awesome back to them and all those that helped you, look for a japanese mail order website and do a special delivery of flowers or chocolates. That will give you massive bonus points for when you meet those people in Japan again! Happy for you.

I thought about that, but it might be a bit weird to me to send them flowers or something. I'm thinking next time I go visit (2015), I'll bring them candy or snacks or something, what do you think?

Mononoke

Banned
Got my JR Pass Exchange Order today! Less than 2 months till I'm going now.

How long does it take for a JR Pass exchange to come in? I'm going to Japan in April (moving there for work). But I'm going a week early to move in, as well as go on a mini vacation with my best friend. We are on a tight budget, so we are making every dollar(Yen) count. We don't plan on spending much money, we just want to see places (we're very fond of nature/ sight seeing vs. having to pay to do special things).

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I read that taking the bullet train to Kyoto is like $170 each way. So that's $340 for a single day trip. And the JR Pass is only $270 (ish) for up to 7 days use. So my questions are:

I. How long did it take to your JR Pass Exchange in the mail from when you placed the order (not sure if I have enough time, as I leave in a month and two weeks).

II. Is there any cheaper way to get up to Tokyo? Is the bullet train the only way? Or is there a slower way that cost more money?

The majority of our days will be spent in Tokyo, as that is where I'm moving. Going to visit Shrines, National parks etc. Hopefully the Cherry Blossoms will be out then. But we really wanted to go see Kyoto as well if possible.

How long does it take for a JR Pass exchange to come in? I'm going to Japan in April (moving there for work). But I'm going a week early to move in, as well as go on a mini vacation with my best friend. We are on a tight budget, so we are making every dollar(Yen) count.

Took a 8 days to get here. I went with the cheapest option though. If you order from one of the faster sites they FedEx it so it should take 1-3 days.

If you're moving to Japan I don't think you can get a JR Pass. Is your friend just visiting Japan, a resident already or also moving there?

Info about who can get a JR Pass here:
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en002.html

Mononoke

Banned
Took a 8 days to get here. I went with the cheapest option though. If you order from one of the faster sites they FedEx it so it should take 1-3 days.

If you're moving to Japan I don't think you can get a JR Pass. Is your friend just visiting Japan, a resident already or also moving there?

Info about who can get a JR Pass here:
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en002.html

Oh shoot. You are right. I forgot about that. We are both from the states and I forgot that moving there would disqualify me. I was going to order these before I left. But I guess that won't matter as you exchange it at the station? And my work Visa would conflict?

I guess I could still save money with my friends pass. Is there any other way to get to Kyoto? Or is bullet train the only way?

Oh shoot. You are right. I forgot about that. We are both from the states and I forgot that moving there would disqualify me. I was going to order these before I left. But I guess that won't matter as you exchange it at the station? And my work Visa would conflict?

I guess I could still save money with my friends pass. Is there any other way to get to Kyoto? Or is bullet train the only way?

You have to order while outside of Japan. You can not buy the JR Pass when you're already in Japan. They should check your passport when you exchange the Exchange Order for the actual JR Pass, and if you're not a tourist, then it won't work.

Just the bullet train between Tokyo-Kyoto is actually cheaper than a JR Pass. The JR Pass enables you to take some other trains and visit Osaka and such for 'free' though. Tokyo-Kyoto should cost about 12500-13500 JPY each way.

Mononoke

Banned
You have to order while outside of Japan. You can not buy the JR Pass when you're already in Japan. They should check your passport when you exchange the Exchange Order for the actual JR Pass, and if you're not a tourist, then it won't work.

Just the bullet train between Tokyo-Kyoto is actually cheaper than a JR Pass. The JR Pass enables you to take some other trains and visit Osaka and such for 'free' though. Tokyo-Kyoto should cost about 12500-13500 JPY each way.

Wow, seriously? For some reason I read that a bullet train to Kyoto (from Tokyo) was $175 each way. Guess if it's technically cheaper, I'll just wait till we get there and pay for the tickets. I understand the appeal of the JR Pass though. Even if the JR Pass is technically more, the value is a lot greater if you are going to be using it to travel other cities.

We just don't have the time and were going to stay in Kyoto/Tokyo. So that sounds like a better idea. Thanks for the help! I was only considering the JR Pass, because I had read somewhere that the JR Pass was cheaper than a single day trip up to Kyoto.

Wow, seriously? For some reason I read that a bullet train to Kyoto (from Tokyo) was $175 each way. Guess if it's technically cheaper, I'll just wait till we get there and pay for the tickets. I understand the appeal of the JR Pass though. Even if the JR Pass is technically more, the value is a lot greater if you are going to be using it to travel other cities.

We just don't have the time and were going to stay in Kyoto/Tokyo. So that sounds like a better idea. Thanks for the help! I was only considering the JR Pass, because I had read somewhere that the JR Pass was cheaper than a single day trip up to Kyoto.

The fare in most of April seems to be 13220 JPY each way or 13520 JPY with the faster Nozomi train (the faster one is not covered with the JR Pass) as I can tell from http://www.hyperdia.com/

The cheapest 7 day JR Pass costs 28300 JPY, so it costs 1860 JPY more (+ shipping fee from whatever company you buy it from) than the cheapest Shinkansen. The JR Pass is useful in Tokyo too though, so depending on how long you're going to be in Tokyo within the 7 day period it might be better to get a JR Pass for your friend.

Mononoke

Banned
The fare in most of April seems to be 13220 JPY each way or 13520 JPY with the faster Nozomi train (the faster one is not covered with the JR Pass) as I can tell from http://www.hyperdia.com/

The cheapest 7 day JR Pass costs 28300 JPY, so it costs 1860 JPY more (+ shipping fee from whatever company you buy it from) than the cheapest Shinkansen. The JR Pass is useful in Tokyo too though, so depending on how long you're going to be in Tokyo within the 7 day period it might be better to get a JR Pass for your friend.

Can you explain how the JR pass is useful in Tokyo? Let's say we want to travel around the city for 5 days. We were planning on just using the substation system, which seems really cheap fare wise. How does the JR pass figure into Tokyo travel?

EDIT: Sorry for so many questions. I should just go to the link you gave me, and do some research. Clearly I'm not as prepared as I need to be.

Can you explain how the JR pass is useful in Tokyo? Let's say we want to travel around the city for 5 days. We were planning on just using the substation system, which seems really cheap fare wise. How does the JR pass figure into Tokyo travel?

EDIT: Sorry for so many questions. I should just go to the link you gave me, and do some research. Clearly I'm not as prepared as I need to be.

A JR pass would cover your usage of all JR lines within the city (ie. the Yamanote line, etc.). That doesn't cover the Tokyo subway system, just JR.

What's the ideal amount of time to go? One week or two?

Depends on how much you want to see/do. If you're just going to stay within Tokyo then a week might be 'enough'. If you want to go on daytrips and/or to Kyoto as well then 2 weeks might be better.

The JR Yamanote line goes in a circle in Tokyo to a lot of the major stations. It's covered by the JR Pass.

There's also the JR Chuo and Sobu lines in Tokyo that runs across the Yamanote line and covers some more stations.

Map and info on some nearby attractions to some of the stations here:
http://www.japanvisitor.com/japan-travel/yamanote-line

Subways in Tokyo is NOT covered though, but you should be able to get to most of the tourist places with JR trains.

Zoe

I dunno if it's worth it to get the JR pass just for Tokyo... We stayed in Yokohama, and it was still cheaper to just load up the Suica card.

I dunno if it's worth it to get the JR pass just for Tokyo... We stayed in Yokohama, and it was still cheaper to just load up the Suica card.

If one is only staying in Tokyo, then one shouldn't get the JR Pass of course, but Azula is going to Kyoto as well as I understood it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
That's a lot better than when we went two years ago... like 78 yen to the dollar.

Man, I remember that, it was brutal. But I still loved every second. Hopefully the next time I go, the exchange rate will be within my favor.

Wow this was a lot of great information. I actually think we are going to save a lot of money now. Thanks everyone.

More specifically, here's a JR East map which covers the greater Tokyo metropolitan area. The small green loop in the middle is the Yamanote Line which does a loop around "Tokyo" proper more or less. The Chuo/Sobu lines intersect, but other than that you'll need to use the subway (not JR lines) to get around unless you don't mind walking.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/E/info/map_a4ol.pdf

Trojan X

Banned
I thought about that, but it might be a bit weird to me to send them flowers or something. I'm thinking next time I go visit (2015), I'll bring them candy or snacks or something, what do you think?

It won't be weird at all, they will love you for it. Trust me on that one. However, when you are going back soon then, yes, you MUST bring over gifts, more than snacks... something that you know that they can't get in Japan such as good tea or coffee as an example. Think about it and all will be good with you. Don't lose your new potential friends.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the ideal amount of time to go? One week or two?

If you are staying in hostels etc, then the flights will be the biggest cost, so two weeks would give you more for your money. Plus it gives you time to relax and explore, plus time to get over any jet lag, rather than immediately jumping into a schedule of visits.

Mononoke

Banned
Depends on how much you want to see/do. If you're just going to stay within Tokyo then a week might be 'enough'. If you want to go on daytrips and/or to Kyoto as well then 2 weeks might be better.

The JR Yamanote line goes in a circle in Tokyo to a lot of the major stations. It's covered by the JR Pass.

There's also the JR Chuo and Sobu lines in Tokyo that runs across the Yamanote line and covers some more stations.

Map and info on some nearby attractions to some of the stations here:
http://www.japanvisitor.com/japan-travel/yamanote-line

Subways in Tokyo is NOT covered though, but you should be able to get to most of the tourist places with JR trains.

Sorry to bump this. But let's say I use the JR line with the JR pass. Aren't you limited to only using the JR pass once a day? Or is that only for bullet trains? So I can use the JR line as many times as I want in a given day in Tokyo? Or can I only hit one district a day?

Sorry to bump this. But let's say I use the JR line with the JR pass. Aren't you limited to only using the JR pass once a day? Or is that only for bullet trains? So I can use the JR line as many times as I want in a given day in Tokyo? Or can I only hit one district a day?

You can use the pass as many times you want. Even if you want to ride the Shinkansen 6 times a day you can.

Mononoke

Banned
You can use the pass as many times you want. Even if you want to ride the Shinkansen 6 times a day you can.

Epic, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. You have been really awesome, I can't thank you enough. We are buying our plane tickets tomorrow, and just finalizing our trip plans.

Epic, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. You have been really awesome, I can't thank you enough. We are buying our plane tickets tomorrow, and just finalizing our trip plans.

No problem. Just glad to help. Hope you have lots of fun!

MacrossD7

Neo Member
In the prelim stages of planing a April '14, Nov '14 or Mar '15 trip to Japan (very undecided) but I have some questions maybe some of you can add/share some of your experiences. Mostly concerns airfare and the airlines and their services for the moment.

Flying from the NYC area whats the cheapest airfares you have found previously? I'm seeing $930 and up for 1 stop and $1500 nonstop.

1 stop vs non-stop I'm leaning towards nonstop to save time.

Preferred carrier? Carriers to avoid? Recommendations.

What carrier has the best services on the flight 12+ hours is a long time, looking for power at the seat for economy mostly, do these long haul flights have any additional room?. Average sized guy 5"11 170lbs.

One last thing do you come back a few days early to fix your internal clock before going back to work? I was going to come back 2 days early instead the day before to fight jet lag.

Thanks in advance.

plaese haelp korben dallas mul-ti-pass

How do I charge my UK 3DS XL in Japan? The mains input for it over here is 230V 50Hz, compared to 100V 50Hz/60Hz over there. The back of my 3DS XL says:
RATING: 4.6V-4.1W POWER SUPPLY INPUT: 4.6V-900mA

If I just buy the below thing, can I safely charge my UK 3DS XL in Japan? I can't get a straight, simple and clear answer out of the Internet. Damn tough guy is holding out on me.

nintendo-ac-adapter-for-3dsll-3ds-dsi.jpg

It won't be weird at all, they will love you for it. Trust me on that one. However, when you are going back soon then, yes, you MUST bring over gifts, more than snacks... something that you know that they can't get in Japan such as good tea or coffee as an example. Think about it and all will be good with you. Don't lose your new potential friends.

Any sort of gifts you can recommend? I did mention to her I'll be over again next year so she's expecting to see us again.

Make use of the JR pass...whenever we exited the wrong path to go where we needed to go, we just went right back in and out another gate. That would normally cost you another ticket. Makes things a lot easier instead of having to walk all the way around.

kinn

I've always wanted to go to japan since I was a kid and now....it's finally happening! I'm going for a week starting on the 11th of this month.

I've had a scan through this thread and have a few questions. Sorry if it's already been covered.

Will be staying within Tokyo, what would be recommended to see and visit? All I've got down is akihabara for now.

Since I'll be only in Tokyo what would be best for travel? Heard the mention of rail cards... That the best option?

Wouldn't mind in meeting up with fellow gaffers if anyone's interested!

Zoe

Since I'll be only in Tokyo what would be best for travel? Heard the mention of rail cards... That the best option?

With only in Tokyo and only for a week, you'd probably be better off with loading up a Suica card as you go along. A JR pass is more than $280.

Get the Suica & N'EX deal to get from the airport.

I leave for Japan in exactly one month.

Fly from Seattle to Haneda, then take the shinkansen down to Osaka for the weekend on the morning of the 4th. Shinkansen back up to Tokyo on Monday the 7th and fly back home Monday the 14th.

kmax

Will be staying within Tokyo, what would be recommended to see and visit? All I've got down is akihabara for now.
Since Tokyo's literally the world's largest city, there's an infinite amount of things to see. It's so damn big. I'd recommend going to places like:

* Yoyogi Park near Shinjuku. Beautiful park. Don't know how it is around this time of year though, as I was there in October.
* Shibuya: Can't go to Tokyo without going to Shibuya. But beware, the district is packed.
* Asakusa: The old town. I absolutely recommend you go there and check it out.
* Odaiba: You'll be taking the monorail to get there, as it's an island. They have great stores there, and a big ass department store.

That's a few places.

Since you'll be taking the train a lot, you'll want that. There's a card called Suica that you can buy at virtually any JR station. It's basically a prepaid rail card and it's quite easy to buy. I recommend taking the Yamanote line if you'll be visiting the major places in Tokyo.

I've always wanted to go to japan since I was a kid and now....it's finally happening! I'm going for a week starting on the 11th of this month.

I've had a scan through this thread and have a few questions. Sorry if it's already been covered.

Wander around Yanaka. Old section of the city that was not hit by the firebombing in World War II. Great old area.

Hang out in Shimokitazawa. Awesome ramshackle area full of youth culture, music venues, restaurants, bars and shops. Often referred to as the East Village of Tokyo.

tokkun

The simplest option is just to buy tickets as needed. You can get an unlimited ride day pass for the Tokyo metro area for around $7 at any JR station. Since it is so cheap, I personally don't bother with the prepaid cards. However if money is really tight, you can save a few bucks by buying a Suica + NEX combo package if you are flying in to Narita.

scarlet

Any recommendations for sneakers store in Tokyo?

I only know Kicks Lab

I'm searching Cole Haan, but their official store in Tokyo is so expensive

If you want to try out some hot springs, grab yourself a pass and head over to Odaiba and hit up the hot springs Oedo Onsen Monogatari. It's a pretty touristy place, but it's a great way to relax and unwind (as long as you don't mind being butt naked around other people). You can easily spend a whole day there hanging out and going into the springs repeatedly.

While you're at Odaiba, go check out the 1:1 Scale Gundam at Diver City, Venus Fort (There's also a Vintage Car Museum here), Fuji TV, and Decks Tokyo (Also go out back to hang around the beach!). Sometimes they'll have some food trucks out there on the bridge leading from the beach to Diver City, there's a guy who sells beef kabobs and they're quite tasty and a good snack while walking down that path.

The simplest option is just to buy tickets as needed. You can get an unlimited ride day pass for the Tokyo metro area for around $7 at any JR station. Since it is so cheap, I personally don't bother with the prepaid cards. However if money is really tight, you can save a few bucks by buying a Suica + NEX combo package if you are flying in to Narita.

kinn, just to add to this, if you're even tigher on money, you can use other rails or use the buses to get to Tokyo station for cheaper. Not exactly sure where you're staying, but I used the Keisei Main Line from Asakusa once and the JR Sobu Rapid Line another and both cost less than ¥1,500. They do take a little bit longer than if you took the NEX and prices may differ for you depending where you're staying, but it saved me be about ¥1,600 one way compared to NEX.

kinn

With only in Tokyo and only for a week, you'd probably be better off with loading up a Suica card as you go along. A JR pass is more than $280.

Get the Suica & N'EX deal to get from the airport.

Since Tokyo's literally the world's largest city, there's an infinite amount of things to see. It's so damn big. I'd recommend going to places like:

* Yoyogi Park near Shinjuku. Beautiful park. Don't know how it is around this time of year though, as I was there in October.
* Shibuya: Can't go to Tokyo without going to Shibuya. But beware, the district is packed.
* Asakusa: The old town. I absolutely recommend you go there and check it out.
* Odaiba: You'll be taking the monorail to get there, as it's an island. They have great stores there, and a big ass department store.

That's a few places.

Since you'll be taking the train a lot, you'll want that. There's a card called Suica that you can buy at virtually any JR station. It's basically a prepaid rail card and it's quite easy to buy. I recommend taking the Yamanote line if you'll be visiting the major places in Tokyo.

Wander around Yanaka. Old section of the city that was not hit by the firebombing in World War II. Great old area.

Hang out in Shimokitazawa. Awesome ramshackle area full of youth culture, music venues, restaurants, bars and shops. Often referred to as the East Village of Tokyo.

If you want to try out some hot springs, grab yourself a pass and head over to Odaiba and hit up the hot springs Oedo Onsen Monogatari. It's a pretty touristy place, but it's a great way to relax and unwind (as long as you don't mind being butt naked around other people). You can easily spend a whole day there hanging out and going into the springs repeatedly.

While you're at Odaiba, go check out the 1:1 Scale Gundam at Diver City, Venus Fort (There's also a Vintage Car Museum here), Fuji TV, and Decks Tokyo (Also go out back to hang around the beach!). Sometimes they'll have some food trucks out there on the bridge leading from the beach to Diver City, there's a guy who sells beef kabobs and they're quite tasty and a good snack while walking down that path.

kinn, just to add to this, if you're even tigher on money, you can use other rails or use the buses to get to Tokyo station for cheaper. Not exactly sure where you're staying, but I used the Keisei Main Line from Asakusa once and the JR Sobu Rapid Line another and both cost less than ¥1,500. They do take a little bit longer than if you took the NEX and prices may differ for you depending where you're staying, but it saved me be about ¥1,600 one way compared to NEX.

Guys thanks for the advice! Hopefully I'll manage to see all this and more. Still can't believe I will finally be in Japan in less than a week now. So excited!

Again, thanks for the advice and keep it coming!

KillGore

Does everyone traveling to Japan know Japanese? I'm thinking about going over there for my honeymoon but I'm scared that I don't know jackshit Japanese.

Was thinking of just buying one of those tours? but I would be going by their schedule and probably missing on a lot of cool stuff I could've done if I went on my own. Any suggestions?

I can read and speak enough to get by. However, you are fine in Tokyo not knowing the language. Unless you're uncomfortable being on your own, there's no need for a tour.

My wife and I did Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Miyajima on our honeymoon in 2006. Let me know if you've got any other questions.

scarlet

Does everyone traveling to Japan know Japanese? I'm thinking about going over there for my honeymoon but I'm scared that I don't know jackshit Japanese.

Was thinking of just buying one of those tours? but I would be going by their schedule and probably missing on a lot of cool stuff I could've done if I went on my own. Any suggestions?

Nope, just basic greetings.

Literally gonna be lost in translation, like my fave movie.

tokkun

I traveled from Osaka to Kyoto to Tokyo alone. I have some rudimentary Japanese, but I barely got to speak more than a handful of words, because if you are not ethnically East Asian, a lot of Japanese people will just address you in English off the bat. If you are in a travel-based location, like an airport, train station, hotel, or tourist attraction you can count on someone there speaking English. It is certainly feasible to travel without speaking the language, and I found it to actually be easier than traveling alone was in countries like France and Switzerland. Mostly because people can tell you are a foreigner by looking at you. That said, you need to be the type of person who can handle that type of situation, because being alone in a country where you don't speak the language can put a lot of psychological pressure on you, especially if you have the personality type of someone who likes to be in control of their surroundings. For some people that is a positive thing, because it makes the trip feel like more of an adventure, and it can be a real confidence booster. For others it may just be too stressful.

Here is what I would suggest learning if you are willing to put in a little time:

-How to say numbers 1 - 99,999. Useful when buying stuff, so you know how much money to hand over.

-How to indicate how many of something you want, e.g. "one of", "two of". There are actually a lot of different rules for how you count things in Japanese, but if you just learn the generic counters that will be good enough to be understood.

-How to read katakana characters. These are the letters Japanese people use to write non-Japanese words. The words themselves are often English words, so if you just know how to sound out the katakana characters you can understand the words. This is particularly useful for food related things, like reading menus.

Anything else you can get out of a tourist phrasebook.

I only knew some basic words. Went fine when going to Tokyo at least.

Being able to read katakana is not essential, but it comes in really handy. Not all restaurants have English menus nor do the staff speak English, so being able to decipher parts of menus opens up doors to places you might not try.

hitsugi

My wife and I went last year for our honeymoon and had a blast. We spent two weeks between Tokyo and Kyoto, and I can honestly say I do regret not studying the language a bit more - at the very least memorizing hiragana and katakana so I could make more sense of things I was looking for / at.

Aside from that, we never ran into a scenario where we COULDN'T do something because we weren't able to speak Japanese, so it's not an absolute deal breaker out there or anything - it would just come in handy.

Top Bottom