• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese devs (Square/Atlus/etc) discuss their future games for PlayStation 20th [UP]

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, can you confirm whether Sony planned on debuting TLG during PSX and pulled our last minute? Or was that just an unsubstantiated rumor?
Rumour.

I actually mentioned this in the original Gematsu thread back in October, but I imagine people's best bet for seeing TLG is next year. As long as everything carries on like it is right now, touch wood, it's all good. 2015 is the year it can hopefully debut again.

Rumour.

I actually mentioned this in the original Gematsu thread back in October, but I imagine people's best bet for seeing TLG is next year. As long as everything carries on like it is right now, touch wood, it's all good. 2015 is the year it can hopefully debut again.

So you're saying it might resurface next year? Sounds like it's still quite a ways off.

Verendus

Banned
So you're saying it might resurface next year? Sounds like it's still quite a ways off.
It's very difficult to say definitively with projects when you're more than a year away. You cannot account for setbacks, and there have been many already everywhere. I wouldn't say TLG is that far away considering where we're coming from, it's just that they're obviously going to be careful about bringing it back into the light again. Once it's out there, it can't have a public setback like so many other games have had. It's kind of the last thing needed. Either way, I feel very good about seeing it in the open in 2015.

ClearData

Erm... Why is excitement creeping up on me? I want my Japanese games. Hope these projects all go well and make it West.

Edit: Saw Ueda comment. My body has been ready for 8 years.

It's very difficult to say definitively with projects when you're more than a year away. You cannot account for setbacks, and there have been many already everywhere. I wouldn't say TLG is that far away considering where we're coming from, it's just that they're obviously going to be careful about bringing it back into the light again. Once it's out there, it can't have a public setback like so many other games have had. It's kind of the last thing needed. Either way, I feel very good about seeing it in the open in 2015.

Understandable. I sure hope we see it next year. SotC's 10 year anniversary! Make it a celebration, Sony!

Rumour.

E3 2015 HERE WE COME!

All of these comments are very promising.

Imagine seeing Danganronpa 3 and Zero Escape 3 in 2015. That would be EPIC!

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

Maffia

Neo Member
TLG actually being released? I think we have more hope of Ico being re-ported back to PS1.

If I get my hopes up I'll just be disappointed again.

wmlk

I see a whole lot of filler talk from all of them.

Give me an update on CC2 and I'll be happy. They were considering showing their games towards the end of the year.

Rurunaki

Hyped! We need more Japanese devs to jump ship to the current gen consoles. Also Verendus, starting the 2015 TLG hype train.

jiggle

Looking forward to seeing these

That can't be all Koei tecmo gust have planned can it?
Besides endless pile of musou expansions

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It'll feel weird seeing a current gen SaGa game.

zeromcd73

New stuff (also edited the other stuff!):

Square Enix: (Matomu Toriyama):
Preparation is currently underway for a brand new title.
Nippon Ichi Software (Shinkawa Sohei):
If Disgaea 5 doesn't sell as planned then we might not still be in business the year after. Even though Bloodborne is now releasing the same day, we really hope people will pick up both titles at once.
Capcom (Hideaki Itsuno):
We have a number of games in development. One of them will be announced soon.
Capcom (Minaeu Matsukawa):
We're hoping to let everyone know and play a new game we currently have in development in 2015.

More coming.

Clov

Wow, hope NIS can make it through. That doesn't make it sound like the company is in great shape at all.

Top Bottom