• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Finally picked up the latest Ogre You Asshole. It's weird, but I like it.

Is there a new Mass of the Fermenting Dregs anywhere on the horizon? Last thing I heard was the bad news about their drummer, but I figured they would have found a replacement by now...

Blackheim

If I may trouble someone with the ability to read Japanese, I got a bonus CD with a Mao Abe release and have no way of figuring out what to place as track names or the title of the CD :/ It's 10 tracks and is basically just a bunch of talking with her + others singing silly versions of some of her songs :p Mostly talking though. If someone could write out the kanji/katanaka/whatever written characters they are here and a translation, that would be awesome :D

j5uZ1JeZwE7mu.png

There aren't any track names so I imagine I'm screwed on that one :/ An album title would be great to have though if possible!

Zoe

Abe Mao no
Abe Mao Radio

So, Abe Mao's "Abe Mao Radio"

Edit: Can't read the last character of the line below that, but it's outtakes/extras

Blackheim

Abe Mao no
Abe Mao Radio

So, Abe Mao's "Abe Mao Radio"

Edit: Can't read the last character of the line below that, but it's outtakes/extras

Awesome and thank you :) Your help is very much appreciated.

That makes sense since that's what it sounds like now that it's been pointed out. First track is 32:51 long which is probably the actual radio special, then the 9 tracks after vary in length from 1:14 to :18 seconds in length which would be the extras/outtakes. Just wanted the Japanese characters to label it properly in iTunes. I'll try to get that sorted later :D

Oh, you can click the picture to make it bigger to read those characters (just in case you didn't know). I quoted it so that it wasn't an immense picture taking up a ton of space :p

zethren

Banned

Blackheim

Here's the Japanese: 「阿部真央のあべまおらじお【番外編】」
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/世界はまだ君を知らない

For tagging, I'd probably remove the outermost brackets.

Excellent! Thank you again :D Yeah I excluded the outer brackets. There's no help for the track names but, at least I have the title now. It was bothering me for a while >_>

jbw9UYt8LWo2Ff.PNG

Your help is appreciated :D

I already wondered if there would be an OT for this.

So far I've been listening to SAWA. I heard a few vocals of her in TWEWY (Someday [J], Hybrid [E] and Twister [E]) and immediately I fell in love with her voice. Ironically, some know her from her song "Many Colours" in PSHome.

xxczx

want to buy sooooo bad, but amazon denies me cause i'm in switzerland. anyone know a workaround or something? i really want to give LIL my moneydollars...
dunno if it'll work for Amazon (it works on some sites) but have you tried putting in a UK address instead of yours? Random one from Google will do I guess.

Also the album is amazing so far, bought it before and I'm half way through.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
dunno if it'll work for Amazon (it works on some sites) but have you tried putting in a UK address instead of yours? Random one from Google will do I guess.

Also the album is amazing so far, bought it before and I'm half way through.

no dice unfortunately :( they seem to do some sort of an ip check. doesn't work with my unblock-us service either. probably just easier to get a japanese itunes card from someone and purchase it that way.

i mean jesus i want to give these people my money but it's so hard :(

T.O.P

Banned
no dice unfortunately :( they seem to do some sort of an ip check. doesn't work with my unblock-us service either. probably just easier to get a japanese itunes card from someone and purchase it that way.

i mean jesus i want to give these people my money but it's so hard :(

why not on Itunes? :x

why not on Itunes? :x

Don't know how it is for other iTunes stores, but J-Pop on the US iTunes store has gone downhill. There used to be really good selection, but for a while now, a lot of artists up and disappeared(Namie Amuro, Do As Infinity, Ami Suzuki), or have never been available (Shiina Ringo/TJ). What's left is mostly older stuff, and of the artists that are left, their libraries are incomplete or haven't been updated for a while.

T.O.P

Banned
Don't know how it is for other iTunes stores, but J-Pop on the US iTunes store has gone downhill. There used to be really good selection, but for a while now, a lot of artists up and disappeared(Namie Amuro, Do As Infinity, Ami Suzuki), or have never been available (Shiina Ringo/TJ). What's left is mostly older stuff, and of the artists that are left, their libraries are incomplete or haven't been updated for a while.

uh didn't know that, i bought the album the other day (IT store) but yeah, looking at it the selection of releases looks totally random and badly menaged e.e

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
uh didn't know that, i bought the album the other day (IT store) but yeah, looking at it the selection of releases looks totally random and badly menaged e.e

when you said Italy store i decided to check... just a glimmer of hope... that it might be on the swiss store too and omg it was!!

really weird because it isn't on the US store at all. maybe it's only being released on itunes in europe?

when you said Italy store i decided to check... just a glimmer of hope... that it might be on the swiss store too and omg it was!!

really weird because it isn't on the US store at all. maybe it's only being released on itunes in europe?

They have different licensing deals for different parts of the world. The European iTunes stores have pretty much most everything in regards to J-pop, but it's been a while since I've looked. Certainly more than the US iTunes store.

Would anyone know what would be the closest modern equivalent to 1999/2000 hitomi?

WCXCP.jpg
hs4zA.jpg

... ?

Btw as far as itunes goes, the Japanese music I bought on there was removed and I can't retrieve it without a backup CD.

Finally picked up the latest Ogre You Asshole. It's weird, but I like it.

Is there a new Mass of the Fermenting Dregs anywhere on the horizon? Last thing I heard was the bad news about their drummer, but I figured they would have found a replacement by now...

Everytime I listen to OYA it just makes me wish Sparta Locals was still around :/

Dunno bout MotFD having a new album (last one I listened to was Zero, Comma Irotodori (?) ) but you might wanna check out Toddle if you haven't already. They have a similar sound and are fronted by the awesome Hisako Tabuchi who is ex-Number Girl

T.O.P

Banned
Details on Sakanaction’s upcoming single, “Yoru no Odoriko”, revealed

20120518_sakanaction-600x399.jpg

Tokyohive

The details on Sakanaction’s upcoming single, “Yoru no Odoriko“, have been revealed!

Sakanaction’s 7th single will be released on August 29th in both limited and regular editions. Aside from the title track, the single will include a chill-out type of song called “multiple exposure” and a self-remix version of “Boku to Hana“. This is the first time Sakanaction will be releasing a remix under their band name.

Meanwhile, the DVD will be given the title “SAKANAQUARIUM 2012 “ZEPP ALIVE ALONE’“, and it will feature footage that was recorded right before they began their performance at the final night of the band’s recent tour, ‘SAKANAQUARIUM 2012 ZEPP ALIVE‘.

At the live, they performed “Yoru no Odoriko” for the first time. Footage of the first live performance of the song will also be included in the DVD.

You can check out the track list below!

===

<Limited Edition>

CD:
01. Yoru no Odoriko
02. multiple exposure
03. Boku to Hana (sakanaction Remix)

DVD:

<SAKANAQUARIUM 2012 “ZEPP ALIVE ALONE”>

&#12539; Boku to Hana
&#12539; Boku to Hana (sakanaction Remix)
&#12539; Native Dancer
&#12539; Identity
&#12539; Rookie

&#65308;&#12316;SAKANAQUARIUM 2012 “ZEPP ALIVE”&#12316;&#65310;
&#12539; Yoru no Odoriko

<Regular Edition>

01. Yoru no Odoriko
02. multiple exposure
03. Boku to Hana (sakanaction Remix)

tumblr_m2ebw7Vh1h1qdxpkd.gif

Subprime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcmYAMWqGBQ&feature=relmfu

No one has mentioned envy. top 3 japanese band easily. The influence these guys have had on post metal / crust is pretty clear if you listen to the stuff they were doing in 1999. It predated the 'neocrust' (dumb name) movement in europe / america (bands like fall of efrafa, vestiges, alpinist, downfall of gaia) that seemed to start around 2004.

new Perfume single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKdGqthjvU&feature=youtu.be

is catchy and fun...still kinda mhe, not one of their finest :x

I love Perfume, but that's just really repetitive. I ended up stopping the song halfway through. It really does sound like a generic club anthem (as some pointed out in those Youtube comments). I know that Universal plans on attempting to try to break them into the US market, but this just isn't going to cut it. Utada crashed and burned because she decided to change her sound when coming over instead of just going with what made her popular to begin with and I think that the same will happen to Perfume if they try to change what got them noticed in the first place.

Universal's manager said that they weren't planning on changing their sound, so hopefully this is just Nakata experimenting and not a sign of a direction that they're headed in.

xxczx

complaining about repetitious music in the current jpop scene is a little silly don't you think, especially when Nakata is involved :p

honestly I think it's the best song Perfume has done, though I'm waiting to hear Hurly Burly. Obviously fans will be pissed of the style change but i didn't really like anything pre-JPN anyway except from like two songs.

Zoe

I like how Perfume's finally putting out a song where you can imagine they might actually sing it live.

Top Bottom