• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

bluethree

I just saw love psychedelico live in tokyo and they were so, so good

It's really nice being able to see all these artists that I've been listening to for years (who i wouldnt get the chance to see otherwise)

broz0rs

Baby girl Tomomi Itano looking mad cute in her new MV

xq4fVkr.jpg

#いいね!(Music Video)/板野友美

I'm going out on a limb here and say this will probably be my favorite Jpop track since RYUSEI. I love tracks with catchy hooks

It seems like teoremaa and Seto Aku are splitting up but they will have one last show together as asimov.is.magician and teoremaa will continue making music. And right on cue Dots post a performance of the song he produced for them. His music is so good but he creates so much unnecessary drama.

dude was basically King Mope the entire night at the avandoned show I went to. not that that really means anything, but it stood out because everybody else on the tour seemed like they were having a great time (except Mikawa who was basically asleep when he wasn't performing). he just... struck me as a dude who might be prone to drama.

e: it looks like he'll be doing Asimov himself actually so really Seto just got the door. who knows.

side note, I wanted to talk to the Trash-Up!! lady but she was busy the entire night; she was apparently in charge of all the girls, keeping an eye on merch, and was photographing the show. Sasaki was... in charge of standing in a corner with his hair over his eyes.

Kansoku

Hmm, so apparently something happened between XINLINSUPREME and world's end girlfriend. Just saw this on their facebook:

ワールドエンドガールフレンドにデマを流されて廃盤になったけど、俺は負けないよ。デマではなく言葉と音楽でXINLISUPREMEは闘う。XINLISUPREMEは負けないよ。

I wonder what exactly they mean by 「デマを流されて廃盤」

Happened I want to say over a year ago now, behind the scenes. XINLISUPREME had all their music yanked from Virgin Babylon, all the videos from that time were scrubbed. "I Am Not Shinzo Abe" got rerecorded and put back up on youtube. vague whispers were going around of things getting ugly, and I never heard anything else about it.

kinda curious as to who is mad at who and what sparked it. XS are notoriously media shy though so I don't know if we'll hear it from them.

Hmm FEMM is playing in London as part of a set with HYPER JAPAN on Sunday, unsure to go or not. I'd like to see them live but don't want to be stuck there seeing people I don't care about.

llehuty

Hmm FEMM is playing in London as part of a set with HYPER JAPAN on Sunday, unsure to go or not. I'd like to see them live but don't want to be stuck there seeing people I don't care about.
Isn't it just them and a chiptune artist?

I hope they get to perform in the proper Hyper Japan, this was to sudden for me to arrange a trip to London.

Isn't it just them and a chiptune artist?

I hope they get to perform in the proper Hyper Japan, this was to sudden for me to arrange a trip to London.

Yeah, maybe I'll go anyway. Tickets are really cheap, just need to know what time it is because I'll probably be hungover on Sunday.
Don't mention the Perfume movie

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm absolutely in love with Glim Spanky, iri, and DADARAY.

just throwing the names in this thread. But you probably all know about them already and I'm old news.

Kurita

Saw Negicco and SHE IS SUMMER (the solo project of Phenotas's vocalist) live today with a friend and it was a lot of fun! Never really listened to either of them so I knew like 1 song from each.
During Negicco's MC, one of the members said to me "Looks like we have a foreigner in the crowd today, where are you from?" hahahaha Got my 30 seconds of fame, that was a nice moment. Will definitely start listening to them, they were great

I'm absolutely in love with Glim Spanky, iri, and DADARAY.

just throwing the names in this thread. But you probably all know about them already and I'm old news.

I got into iri a few weeks ago, her stuff is great. I don't listen to a lot of R&B/soul normally so it's nice to get some of that into my musical diet.

Loudness got denied entry to US and had to cancel their entire US tour.
I hope this doesn't become the norm for other artists trying to play shows there.

Loudness got denied entry to US and had to cancel their entire US tour.
I hope this doesn't become the norm for other artists trying to play shows there.

They apparently didn't have visas?

LOL

It's actually nice, it's missing their usual beats but it's a nice change. I have no idea who LIZ is but I like her voice.
------------------
Kana Nishino's new single - "Pa" - May 3rd Release

Here's hoping it's not boring this time.

I didn't post it because it's a remix album and wasn't sure anyone'd care :p

I care.

e: I guess it's new songs and remixes?

--

I'm in love with the Yanakoto Sotto Mute album

Kurita

Tamaki Roy finally releasing a new album on June 21st yeeeeeees
nagi.jpg

01. あらすじ(環ROY)
02. Offer(K.A.N.T.A)
03. 食パン(Shingo Suzuki)
04. はらり(三浦康嗣)
05. On&On(K.A.N.T.A)
06. 都会の一枚の本(環ROY)w/山本晃紀
07. ことの次第(Daisuke Tanabe)
08. exchange//everything(Ametsub)
09. ゆめのあと(Taquwami)w/OBKR
10. フルコトブミ(Arμ-2)
11. めでたい(蓮沼執太)w/石塚周太,小林うてな

JEKKI

I posted this briefly in the pickup thread but should post it here too...

I'm a huge Kato Miliyah fan.... like HUGE! been to Japan a few times to see her tours and absolutely adore her.

last week she did her first (and maybe last / only?) performance in USA at sakura con in Seattle, which also consisted of a Q&A panel and autograph session, and so I had her sign a few things of mine.

NTvdAp3l.jpg

she's half a world apart from me, so when I saw her show for the first time I was in a slight state of disbelief that I could have actually made that happen,

that said, I would have NEVER imagined I would actually get the chance to meet and speak to her!! Sure, it was within the confines of a bullshit anime con, but when you give her a 12-inch of one of her classic singles to sign for you, it grants you quite a bit of conversation time compared to the rest of the line :)

still, so much I wish I could say and talk to her about, but at the very least I'm so glad something like that happened!!

Tamaki Roy finally releasing a new album on June 21st yeeeeeees
oh Tamaki Roy!!! that's also my dude!! love him too!!!

Rainy

Banned
So Spotify put Wednesday Campanella on one of my Daily Mixes and I've been listening to their stuff. It's so good.

Oh I just realized this is Suiyobi no Campanella, i've definitely seen that name around here before so it makes sense haha.

mcw

I was listening to "goodblue" by School Food Punishment earlier today. That song is so friggin' good.

I also have no idea what I am doing. Can you folks recommend me some new jpop that's as interesting as this tune?

Aizo

Banned
I was listening to "goodblue" by School Food Punishment earlier today. That song is so friggin' good.

I also have no idea what I am doing. Can you folks recommend me some new jpop that's as interesting as this tune?
If you liked School Food Punishment, you'll probably like la la larks. They were incredible when I saw them a few years ago. I wish they'd release a real damn album.

mcw

Checked out some la la larks on your recommendations; many thanks. Hot stuff! Really digging what I hear so far. Will order some from CDJapan.

Kurita

[Alexandros]'s tour finale at Makuhari Messe yesterday was sooooo fun.
Danced and sang during more than 3 hours. What a great show it was, the set and everything was on point, they're incredibly cool... Kawakami is legit the most charismatic frontman I can think of. All I see is a younger (and taller lol) Hosomi Takeshi.
Singing Starrrrrr or NEW WALL with 20.000 people is the fucking best. Ending the night with City which is like a top 3 song was perfect.
The setlist
Will definitely buy the live DVD when it comes out in July

Celegus

Miyavi show in NYC was great! Just woke up and ears are still ringing... venue was fairly small and I got in line early, so I was only like 15 feet from the stage. Kiwa & the faces was really good too, one of the other bands with him.

Top Bottom