• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

been nice knowing you, daoko

I have replaced you with MCpero and chelmico and have no regrets

if you like MCpero, keep an eye on Rhymeberry too. they're kind of hit or miss, but MC Miri is probably one of the best female MCs on the scene right now. I kind of feel like they're on the verge of doing something great but it just hasn't landed yet.

she also put out an EP that's a little more chill which might be up your alley? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=274xPz1yGwY

Really bummed about the Cy8er news. I liked bpm15q alot so to watch it regress into an idol unit sucks.

yeah. the new songs are like Diet BPM15Q and I miss nicamoq. maybe it'll end up okay in the end, but it's not encouraging. and then Rinahamu's issuing takedowns on all CY8ER live videos on youtube so that's not helping either.

Kurita

おいしくるメロンパン「シュガーサーフ」
One of the indie bands I'm keeping an eye on, they're gonna do great things

SAKANAMON「テヲフル」

HOWL BE QUIET「ギブアンドテイク」
Really hyped for their album. Their major debut last year basically turned them into a full-on pop band and I'm not unhappy at all.

SHADOWS - Into The Line
Losing FACT was a big blow for the punk scene but goddamn, SHADOWS's output has been so on point I'm forgetting the former. It's basically the BiS/BiSH situation.

Kurita

Suchmos now have their own label, F.C.L.S.
C-a03-SUQAEx6Nv.jpg:orig
Looks like it'll be under the Ki/oon umbrella since their logo appears on their upcoming live info, so in some way they're making their major debut. I can imagine that basically everyone wanted them lol

Hope that means new material is coming soon

Memphis-Ahn

Neo Member
So the new Ryuichi Sakamoto album is out tomorrow. Good good.

Oh wow, haven't heard anything of his since Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia.
Just listened to async (his new album) on soundcloud, songs like walker and honj that use natural sounds are quite interesting, but a lot of the other songs are incredibly dark and heavy.

Aizo

Banned
Going out of the country for Golden Week. Any albums I should get now from the past few months to catch up on while I'm gone?
[Alexandros]'s tour finale at Makuhari Messe yesterday was sooooo fun.
Danced and sang during more than 3 hours. What a great show it was, the set and everything was on point, they're incredibly cool... Kawakami is legit the most charismatic frontman I can think of. All I see is a younger (and taller lol) Hosomi Takeshi.
Singing Starrrrrr or NEW WALL with 20.000 people is the fucking best. Ending the night with City which is like a top 3 song was perfect.
The setlist

Will definitely buy the live DVD when it comes out in July
Thanks for continuing to post about shows. I love reading about concert impressions! :D

Kansoku

lical - それは造花

I'm now converted into the camp of liking Polkadot Stingray's new jam.

One of us!

Their new mini album is 11/10

Not really into this style of vocals, but I dig the instrumental.

Really, it is pretty nice.

LayLa

weird choice of song for their first MV given their output but I like it. Album teaser sounds good too, the artwork reminds me a lot of Edan's "Beauty and the Beat"

Jetsetrecords.net have put a bunch of RSD stuff up for sale btw, got my 3776/Tentenko order in sharpish!

PillarEN

Oh wow, haven't heard anything of his since Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia.
Just listened to async (his new album) on soundcloud, songs like walker and honj that use natural sounds are quite interesting, but a lot of the other songs are incredibly dark and heavy.

It is also now up on Spotify. At least in Europe. Can't speak for other regions.

Larsa

^ it's cute and good actually.
Re:STUPiD is honestly the album I've returned to the most this year. I just put it on when I want to listen to something super pleasant and emo.

I am interested to see what fuckery this new lineup brings though.

The only song by them I knew prior to this was Bom-Bye-ye or whatever. I thought they were always over the top.

yeah that'll happen when Hyadain is your main composer. I don't really like them but I kind of lazily follow them because Mari and Mizuho are members.

New single from Namie is being released at the end of this month – "Just You and I"

CD
1. Just You and I
日本テレビ系水曜ドラマ「母になる」主題歌
2. Strike A Pose
ReVIA TVCMソング
3. Just You and I -Instrumental-
4. Strike A Pose -Instrumental-

DVD
Just You and I -Music Video-

She's never released a single this quick before. An album must be getting announced soon?

Zoe

I don't think so... if an album were coming soon they would just make this one a digital single and then wait for the physical release on the album later.

Or maybe they just think the drama will be really popular.

She's beautiful as usual on the covers but for some odd reason the covers make me want to sneeze.
Looking forward to the next single. Was hoping for a new song we didn't know about but ah well.

Zoe

She's beautiful as usual on the covers but for some odd reason the covers make me want to sneeze.
Looking forward to the next single. Was hoping for a new song we didn't know about but ah well.

At firs time it reminded me of a tribble, but then I realized it's a large dandelion :lol

At firs time it reminded me of a tribble, but then I realized it's a large dandelion :lol

LMAO

s6Cm3Pf.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah!!! My copy of her Live Style 2016-2017 tour shipped this morning with the poster. Can't wait! Hopefully it won't get stuck in customs for too long (it usually does when a poster is with it)

bluethree

went to a charisma. com show last night and it was so so good, wow. I've only heard a couple of their CDs but my opinion of them went way up after last night. great performance.

https://www.twitch.tv/furukawamirin

Mirin has started a Twitch channel. She stayed up all night playing Dark Souls 3 for her first stream. Eitaso was there keeping her company for most of it.

this rules.

speaking of, Kuriko (ex-Kuroneko no Yuuutsu) has a youtube channel now, where she mostly makes videos of herself failing while trying to play pranks on her sister and bandmate/boyfriend(?). it's fun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1G9ysr44FDbjxZj9m8Atxw

e: I'm pretty sure Mirin is better than I am at Souls games

Top Bottom