• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese TV: 50,000 PS3 units at launch.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So we are hearing 40k units, 50k units, 80k units, 85k units, 100k units, and another 100k units for each week after....I don't know who to believe anymore.

jimbo

Banned
Stinkles said:
40k units for Japan - is anyone asking how this affects US supply (apart from the professors above who think this means MORE for the US)?

Call it a hunch, but if they can't do 100k or even 80k in Japan at launch, you can throw that 400k number out your 13th floor apartment window. 250k to 300k?

jett

D-Member
Stinkles said:
40k units for Japan - is anyone asking how this affects US supply (apart from the professors above who think this means MORE for the US)?

Now where did this number come from?

Not really sure what this is supposed to mean, or who would've been able to verify the figures. Sounds a bit like someone mouthing off without knowing what they're talking about. I know that if I saw someone on GMTV or Good Morning America announce some insider hardware information I'd be sceptical. Let's wait for Q4 figures...then we can hold our heads.

GoodMorningAmerica15.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
hope_in_dollar$ said:
Not really sure what this is supposed to mean, or who would've been able to verify the figures. Sounds a bit like someone mouthing off without knowing what they're talking about. I know that if I saw someone on GMTV or Good Morning America announce some insider hardware information I'd be sceptical. Let's wait for Q4 figures...then we can hold our heads.

GoodMorningAmerica15.jpg

Somebody already confirmed that the news people got the information from somebody on the street.

OFFICAL STANCE

Right now the offical stance is that 100,000 will shipped to stores this week (maybe not first day) in Japan and that every week after that 100,000 will be shipped to stores.

Top Bottom