• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese voice actor Toru Furuya (Dragon Ball, Gundam, Sailor Moon) admits to having affair with fan

near

Gold Member
Toru Furuya known for being the voice actor of Yamcha in Dragon Ball and Amuro Ray in Gundam, admitted to having a 4.5 year affair with a fan in a statement published on Twitter/X.

"I had an affair with a female fan for four and a half years until last September. I was attracted to her because of her straightforward support for me, and I foolishly contacted her myself to start the relationship. During our relationship, we argued once and I unintentionally raised my hand. It was the worst thing I could have done as an adult and as a human being.

I also made the unforgivable mistake of causing her to have an abortion. I am truly, truly sorry for the deep hurt that I caused the other woman, both physically and mentally. I cannot apologize enough for betraying the trust of all my fans who have supported me over the years, disappointing them, hurting them, and tarnishing my character. I have also betrayed the trust of all those involved and have caused them a great deal of trouble.

I will sincerely make amends with all my heart and soul with the rest of my life. I am prepared to accept any and all sanctions. I am truly sorry."

I don’t think many would argue what he did was fine, not only did he cheat on he’s wife for 4.5 years but he physically abused the woman he was having an affair with. It did get me thinking though, how do you feel about celebrities having relationships with fans? Do you consider it an abuse of power? Is it understandable and normal for someone to use their position/status as a compelling attribute to attract a love interest? Share your thoughts!

Last edited:

Trunx81

Gold Member
dragon ball z japan GIF

Top Bottom