• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanise XNA Game Demo

Gowans

Curtosy of Lets Kill Dave heres a link to a Japanise blog entry with videos & pictures of a XNA game early in its development.

Looks really Interesting!

CLICK ME!

20070113_0.jpg

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Wow, that looks incredible. There are going to be some amazing things coming out this year using XNA, by the sound of things.

Gowans

MutFox said:
The way you spelt Japanese,
if you were to say it,
you'd probably sound like Forest Gump.

haha yeah I know, I corrected it after the fact but man its so easy just to quickly press sumbit :)

Bak2skool 4me :D

PS: in the missle demo thread, am I the onlt one that thinks the place holder kids building boxs give it a great look?

taku

Gowans007 said:
haha yeah I know, I corrected it after the fact but man its so easy just to quickly press sumbit :)

Bak2skool 4me :D

PS: in the missle demo thread, am I the onlt one that thinks the place holder kids building boxs give it a great look?

You're not the only one, I thought it looked fun and very arcadey.!

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Gowans007 said:
yeah seemed like a really nice effect, can't belive its XNA express!

Uh, is it though?

A sea surface is under creation. Not XNA but Managed The DirectX version. It is reflected and is swaying. I want to transplant to swift attack 360 in the place which is very much good touch. Incidentally, it stared at YURAYURA in the middle of work too much, and feeling worsened. He forgot that they were seasickness and the direction which is easy to carry out.

Sounds like Managed DirectX is being used for part of it.

M0dus said:
So Ghost, about that 3-D graphics engine . . .

What you guys are doing looks shit hot!

Matt_C

I sense some Panzer Dragoon vibes here.

If Sega was smart, they should hire this team to work on the next Panzer Dragoon game on Xbox360.

I just hope that the enemies will be as detailed as the ship. :D

hyp

wow, that actually looks like it'll be fun once they replace those shapes with actual ships =]

gkryhewy

What's the deal with XNA game distribution? Will anyone be able to play these, or will they have to wait years in the cert queue behind Pac Man Junior 9?

(I don't mean to sound bitter, I'm genuinely curious)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
On PC they can be distributed as normal, on 360 they can only be distributed as source code because they need to be built onto the console by someone with creators club.

Obviously the 360 situation will change whenever Community Arcade starts up. Which there are no details on except that its a totally seperate deal to the current arcade, so I dont think being stuck behind Pac Man Junior will be a problem.

AFAIK the game's creators are free to distribute the Windows version however they wish (including charging money for it if they want to).

edit: beaten

Gowans

King Dork said:
I am also making a XNA game for the DBP competition and all I can say is....oh my.

Good luck, Im sure there will be stiff compotion!
Just remeber Graphics and High production levels dont necessarily make a game fun, & XNA is about indie :)

Top Bottom