• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Kushner didn't disclose investment ties with George Soros, Goldman Sachs

tenor.gif

GLOBALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Syncytia

Oh man, my first real day off in quite awhile. I haven't checked r/The_Donald in ages, I'm guessing they've wiped any of this off the sub though.

Edit: yep, nothing. Also, it seems crazier since the last time I visited.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Over a billion in business debt is significant, but $300M you're PERSONALLY on the hook for is usually a bad sign about the nature of that debt - ie, not casual big business money movement.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, wouldn't this and the failure to mention Russia meetings be grounds for revoking security clearance?

Nether!

Whenever news stories like this come up I like to visit that Trump subreddit to see what they think about it and it's always like travelling to some alternate universe.
Right now most of the page is filled with posts about Colbert being awful or something.

It's amazing how much debt these assholes are even allowed to accrue.

Any bank with an ounce of sense should've told Kushner to fuck off.

Jimothy

Oh man, my first real day off in quite awhile. I haven't checked r/The_Donald in ages, I'm guessing they've wiped any of this off the sub though.

All of the somewhat reasonable people were culled from T_D a long time ago. Nothing is left but an echo chamber of madness and complete unreality.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Can I get a 1 billion dollar loan for five years with no interest, put all the money in a high interest account, and just give you the 1 billion back in five years?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I love Stinkles in depth reporting.

You've taught me more about superheroes than I falsely assumed I knew. Yesterday I got completely lost in the Wiki on Captain Marvel because I "mistakenly" thought that was Shazam, but the rabbit hole went WAY deeper than that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol. Amazing. All this time we were worried about Russians infiltrating the white house and yet ma man Obama and Soros had their own mole in there all this time.

Shamalyan twist.jpeg

ICO_SotC

Oh look, it's real life gay super villain Peter Thiel again. I wonder if he's come down from the high of having Trump awkwardly clutch his hand and call him one of the good ones.

ayeorkean

ooAKjGF_d.jpg

r/conservative has some pretty good ones.

hamsjams

And now we will finally watch Trump supporters become concerned about the family's conflicts of interests. Only about Kushner's though. Dear Leader's business interests will remain completely off their radar.

cameron

How does Kushner have a billion in loans?

It's pretty goofy. Combined net worth of Ivanka and Kushner was reported to be ~$740 million.
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, President Trump's daughter and son-in-law, will remain the beneficiaries of a sprawling real estate and investment business still worth as much as $740 million, despite their new government responsibilities, according to ethics filings released by the White House Friday night.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/...fiting-from-business-empire-filings-show.html

Do you think Soros even realizes how much the alt-right hates him? Like one day he'll use the internet and be like "The hell is a Cuck?"

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I know right, Isn't his family OLD money?

Nah he's New Money. His Grandfather came over after WWII and bought up apartments that they've built up since then expanding in commercial space(which is how they're in so much debt).

Real Old Money aren't generally that super wealthy but they have lots of assets and investments built over many generations that keep them very comfortable.

When you're Old Money you get into Ivy Leagues just because, Charles Kushner had to spend 2.5 million to get little Jared into Harvard. That's the most New Money thing you can do.

Top Bottom