• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Yes, the Destiny 2 poster is real. Should be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator86

I think we might see 30fps on OG PS4 and XB1 and 60fps (options) on PS4pro and Scorpio. But who knows.

All i know is i want a fucking unlocked frame rate for PC lol

I'd be thrilled with this, but I'm guessing Bungie fucks it up. The idea of playing a 30fps shooter now makes me cringe. At least dropping last-gen support will fix some of the horrible design issues.

Floody

Hypothetical question:

If you were playing at 60fps on SCORPIO or PS4Pro and playing multiplayer against PS4 and XONE players who were at 30fps, would the 60fps people have a noticeable advantage ... if any at all?

They'd definitely have an advantage. Though pretty sure Sony don't allow MP Pro games to be 60 if the regular version is capped at 30, so I doubt it'll happen.

Please god don't be disappointing at launch. Also no microtransactions this time.

HAH! You think they're gonna ease up on the MTX train? Sorry to disappoint. On the + side, the Live team is actually going to fulfill their side of the bargain this time around.

Tarnpanzer

Yeah that's pretty much the norm... and most likely what will happen. I honestly dont think there's a chance for 60fps on normal PS4 or OG XB1.

Yeah, but every major MP-Shooter released in the near past was 60fps an consoles:

Doom, CoD, BF, Halo, R6, GoW, Titanfall, Battlefront etc.

Destiny was actually an exception...

Please god don't be disappointing at launch. Also no microtransactions this time.

There will be mountains of micro transactions. All AAA multiplayer games have them in the current market and that's not changing.

Also interesting that the artwork here looks much more realistic. I wonder if we are going to see the art style of the game changed up a bit

Kthulhu

oh no, they will be back and from the start this time If I had to guess

Eververse was a hit, their packs were always among the DLC top sellers on the PSN

HAH! You think they're gonna ease up on the MTX train? Sorry to disappoint. On the + side, the Live team is actually going to fulfill their side of the bargain this time around.

If they affect the core game then I'm gonna pass on Destiny 2. Otherwise I'll just not buy them.

Yeah, but every major MP-Shooter released in the near past was 60fps an consoles:

Doom, CoD, BF, Halo, R6, GoW, Titanfall, Battlefront etc.

Destiny was actually an exception...

Destiny also sold better than every other shooter listed besides COD so it doesn't exactly need 60fps.

Don't get me wrong I'd like it if they added it but consumers have clearly spoken at least in terms of Destiny, that no 60fps isn't a big deal

This is just not feasible for Activition and their 500 million dollar investment.

Destiny 1 by itself already more than recouped that 500 million investment.

But yeah MT aren't going anywhere in Destiny 2

FyreWulff

I still doubt the veracity of a PC version.

One of my biggest wishes is cross-platform player saves. My PS4 character is drastically underleveled since I play XBO so much more, and I don't want to have to have three separate accounts to play. :(

Destiny 1 was technically capable of cross platform character data, first party wouldn't allow it.

But even with that, treasure box drops and special emblems/shaders were cross platform. The emblems I got for Bungie.net/Halo stuff I can use on Playstation, and I was able to use my Playstation 4 preorder shader on the 360. And whenever you got the login treasure box on one console, it'd drop on the other.

There will be mountains of micro transactions. All AAA multiplayer games have them in the current market and that's not changing.

Also interesting that the artwork here looks much more realistic. I wonder if we are going to see the art style of the game changed up a bit

Most likely just a play on the Create/Live your Legend tagline. So it's you, the player, as if you're actually a Guardian.

j-wood

Yes, which is why they won't do that.

I don't buy that. On PC you have a range of players, and not all of them could hit 60. Doesn't matter when you are just talking about the PC platform, so why would it matter if you add a console into it?

The controller scheme on the other hand, yeah.

VanWinkle

Do you guys think they'll go just as hard or harder in with the MMO-feeling nature of the game? I haven't kept track of the first game beyond the first six months or so.

I'd love if it actually was an open world RPG with great NPCs and side quests populating the world instead of whatever that crap was in the initial game.

Despite all the complaints, nothing has come close to the fun I had playing Destiny with the same team for months on end after the initial launch and TTK's.

So, the hype is there for sure

I don't buy that. On PC you have a range of players, and not all of them could hit 60. Doesn't matter when you are just talking about the PC platform, so why would it matter if you add a console into it?

PC players are used to not having Parity. Console players are not.

finalflame

If this game is not capped at 60fps across the board it is a fail.

The original did just fine at 30fps, what makes you think this would be any different?

All I'm hoping for is 60fps on PC. If you gave on console and you expect game companies to give you 60fps multiplayer games when it can't be attained on the base level of your system, then you are misguided and probably playing on the wrong platform.

Gator86

Gonna be microtransactions fucking everywhere. Destiny fans are whales and they just spent how many years with how many people developing this? Yeah, it's gonna be stuffed.

Interesting point! I'm torn with how I feel on this one just because the look reminds me of the live action trailer they did for the first game. Seems silly to have an official poster with real people in that scenario, but who knows?!

Kthulhu

you must be new to this whole gaming thing

I guess LoL is a money sink and Riot is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Microtransactions in paid games are bullshit designed to make the publisher even more than they already are.

F2P games have the excuse of being free.

I won't let Activision, Blizzard, SE, Ubisoft, or any other company nickel and dime me.

Keasar

Neat, hope they fix a lot of my complaints with the original like no PC release (already done), lack of world space to explore and discover history in (a crime not to let players discover a living world when you have such cool sci-fi art and force players into boring corridors), a better story from release (MOON WIZAAAARDS!), more interesting weapons (seriously, you have awesome sci-fi verse and all guns are the same old boring bullet spewers?) and more interesting classes with more and varying powers (not just "This is your grenade ability which explodes differently from other grenade abilities", give me a repertoire of skills to use and combine and truly set my class apart from the other).

The original did just fine at 30fps, what makes you think this would be any different?

All I'm hoping for is 60fps on PC. If you gave on console and you expect game companies to give you 60fps multiplayer games when it can't be attained on the base level of your system, then you are misguided and probably playing on the wrong platform.

That seems fairly misinformed when Call of Duty has consistently been hitting 60fps for their multiplayer modes.

Pineapple

I hope the announcement set for today is an actual trailer, with footage and a little information that actually tells us about the game. I know they want to save stuff for E3, but the game is just 5 months away, with the beta reportedly starting in just a couple months. We need info.

Unfortunately I have a feeling it's going to be some tweet or something with an image that reads "Destiny 2...September" and nothing else.

mcrommert

Banned

60fps please...the only thing majorly wrong with the game was the framerate

Bsigg12

The reveal will just be Luke Smith telling us they got it right this time and then it fades to to black and then the logo pops up.

But with PC games it's always been understood and accepted, on console it's not. There would be a major shitshow if there was 60fps on the better versions of the console in PvP.

More like Praise Sneak Friend...

I'm suddenly hyped for this but need to maintain my focus on my current plate of games so I don't fall off the wagon.

I'll happily take either:
A: better graphics at same frame rate
B: same graphics at 60fps

Charcoal

I'm just hoping there's more to the story this time then go to point x and clear waves of enemies. That really put me off the game when it released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom