• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Sessions Is Growing ‘Pissed’ at Trump And He Doesn’t Plan to Quit

rambis

Banned
Don't know if thread worthy but more Sessions bombs from Trump to the WSJ. Basically says he doesn't give a damn about Session's early endorsement.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wont-say-if-he-will-fire-attorney-general-sessions-1501010025

When they say he endorsed me, I went to Alabama," Mr. Trump said on Tuesday, recalling the endorsement. ”I had 40,000 people. He was a senator from Alabama. I won the state by a lot, massive numbers. A lot of the states I won by massive numbers. But he was a senator, he looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, 'What do I have to lose?' And he endorsed me. So it's not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement. But I'm very disappointed in Jeff Sessions."

The president has repeatedly criticized Mr. Sessions in recent interviews and on Twitter.

Asked whether he would remove Mr. Sessions from office, Mr. Trump said he was disappointed in the attorney general 's decision to recuse himself from the probe into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

I'm just looking at it," the president said when asked how long he could continue to criticize Mr. Sessions without firing him. ”I'll just see. It's a very important thing.

Edit: There's some gems here.

”The've lost an election and they came up with this as an excuse," Mr. Trump said. ”And the only ones that are laughing are the Democrats and the Russians. And if Jeff Sessions didn't recuse himself, we wouldn't even be talking about this subject."

Trump is basically admitting that he's mainly mad that Sessions can't shut down the Russia investigation. He will fire Sessions and get somebody to stop the investigation.

"Water is flowing over the top of the damn, sir. A rock has come loose."

"Well, find the rock and put it back."

"Rock washed downstream, sir. There are no other rocks in the area."

"Here, use one of the rocks already in the dam." *Removes rock at bottom*

"See, no more water coming over the top. Why are my feet wet?"

giphy.gif

eshwaaz

"He was a senator from Alabama. I won the state by a lot, massive numbers. A lot of the states I won by massive numbers."

This pathetic asswipe can't even open his mouth without fellating himself. It's infuriating.

hawk2025

There's a crucially important point here.

"Loyalty" means doing what he wants, like a child. It doesn't actually mean anything noble or that it's a two-way street.

Anyone that plays his game, including voters and stans posting on these boards, is a complete fool.

Here's the most compelling evidence yet: He's throwing his largest supporter under the bus for not obstructing justice for him, ONCE.

You fools think he's actually trying to help you in any way? You still have time to back away from this. He's shown you directly that you are only means to an end. Why do you still support this, when even his friends go under the bus? What's so special about you?

rambis

Banned

"Loyalty" means doing what he wants, like a child. It doesn't actually mean anything noble or that it's a two-way street.

Anyone that plays his game, including voters and stans posting on these boards, is a complete fool.

Here's the most compelling evidence yet: He's throwing his largest supporter under the bus for not obstructing justice for him, ONCE.

You fools think he's actually trying to help you in any way? You still have time to back away from this. He's shown you directly that you are only means to an end. Why do you still support this, when even his friends go under the bus? What's so special about you?
Its funny, cause oddly enough this seems like a breaking point between him and quite a few GOP faithful. Funny to see if Sessions, his first big republican endorsement becomes the catalyst to him losing republican support.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Don't know if thread worthy but more Sessions bombs from Trump to the WSJ. Basically says he doesn't give a damn about Session's early endorsement.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wont-say-if-he-will-fire-attorney-general-sessions-1501010025

Trump is basically admitting that he's mainly mad that Sessions can't shut down the Russia investigation. He will fire Sessions and get somebody to stop the investigation.

Yeah, he's gone by end of day Friday.

Snarky❤;244446411 said:
So what have these motherfuckers actually accomplished?

Putting libtards and upptity blacks in their place
this is what Trump's base really only cares about
I hate Sessions, but I hope he doesn't resign. If Trump wants him out, then let him fire him. It'll just add to the obstruction of justice charge.

exactly how i feel

Mattenth

The WSJ and NYT need to meet and plan a day where they call for Trump's resignation.

Those editorial boards have interviewed several Presidents now. Surely they understand now just how unhinged and ineffective Trump really is...

Please let me keep dreaming

Azuran

Banned

What a world we live in where stories like this aren't fictional.

Yeah Sessions is toast

Malreyn

Sessions should just turn on Trump and open up an investigation into a "alleged" Russian sex ring scandal that lead to the so called "Pee Pee tape"...and by "alleged" I mean "he's heard things" thus "it's worth looking into"

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

He's white.

RPGCrazied

Sometimes I think Trump really is a plant, but yeah I know, actions. Its still a sight to see him tear a part his own supporters.

The attorney general has worked methodically to dismantle Obama’s legacy at the Justice Department: reconsidering the department’s efforts to make troubled police departments change their practices, changing the DOJ’s stance on voter I.D. lawsuits, and rolling back former Attorney General Eric Holder’s sentencing guidelines that were aimed at reduced incarceration and balancing out drug-crime-related punishments.

Hurry up and fire this walking septic tank, Trump.

I am so fucking ready for this drama to be over.

Fuck people who say "By defying Trump you're hoping your own country fails! We're all on the same team so show you're support!" but still, it feels really dangerous to hope the government succumbs to in-fighting more than it already has.

I really hope we're able to regain some normalcy in government whenever Trump is out and that his presidency won't inspire a wave of celebrity idiots holding office. I'd be ecstatic to have the Rock as president right now in Trump's place, but we really need to get back to having some dull, well-informed, civic-minded people leading us.

Somnid

Just thinking of all the shit that had to happen to get either of these idiots where they are. How many compromised values to put someone with an (R) in? That's exactly why I don't want Dems trying to go in on party unity.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Trump is hoping Sessions will quit and if not provoke him to have an excuse to fire him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump is hoping Sessions will quit and if not provoke him to have an excuse to fire him.

Which is partly because he doesn't want to appear responsible for two firings (Mueller) BUT THAT SHIP HAS SAILED Trump you stupid orange clown.

No matter what happens to Sessions now, you have already claimed responsibility for it. You don't HAVE to fire him because even if he quits, that's on you. And you created a huge paper trail of tweets and quotes for the obstruction of justice aspect.

He is so dumb I can't even

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
But I thought Trump said "Now we don't care" about locking Hillary up so why is he so pissed at Sessions for not going after her? :-}

IrishNinja

As long as he stays on through the summer recess. That's the most important thing.

why exactly is that window so important?

Rudolf Giuliani. Who imo hates black people even more than Sessions does.

yeah in the racist olympics these 2 would be pretty close, and that's saying something

Hurry up and fire this walking septic tank, Trump.

shit like this is what i feel those hoping he stays on for longer are ignoring: he's busy doing very real harm to minorities here, on several tiers

Buckle

He's scared to actually fire him though because firing Comey just made things worse for him.

Theres a bit of a Mexican standoff here.
Anything that keeps republicans at each others throats is fine by me.

Throw more fuel on the garbage dumpster fire.

Top Bottom