• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennette McCurdy (iCarly) Dating Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the first page and what I see is a thread remarking on the size difference between the two of them, then someone farting out "Why does a black man dating a white woman make people so angry?". So after that I don't know how bad the thread has derailed, but is it just a little bit possible that you're projecting?

This This This

braves01

Banned
There is a stormfront thread on this.

It is glorious.

Lol, but seriously the real losers here are black women since I'd posit that the rate of white lust greatly exceeds the rate of black lust, leaving them with a smaller pool of desirable men.

Opiate

I didn't know who either of these people were, but it was obvious as soon as I saw their picture what this thread would be about.

Trying to rescue the thread from the awful Zozz and ShadySpace posts: why do people think that black man / white woman is so much more popular and common in society than black woman / white man? The statistical differences are stark.

akira28

Lol, but seriously the real losers here are black women since I'd posit that the rate of white lust greatly exceeds the rate of jungle fever, leaving them with a smaller pool of desirable men.

No pity.

Trying to rescue the thread from the awful Zozz and ShadySpace posts: why do people think that black man / white woman is so much more popular and common in society than black woman / white man? The statistical differences are stark.

media perception + where there's smoke, etc. White men dating black women is never any kind of issue. He's just 'enlightened' and 'progressive'. But he's still a white Master of the Universe, so who's gonna say shit?

Oh Stormfront, that's that Apple chain store, right?

111.jpg

Madness

There is a stormfront thread on this.

It is glorious.

Why give them the hits or satisfaction and read their thoughts? They're probably all writing shit about more propaganda by Hollywood, brainwashing whites blah blah.

They're so misogynistic too. Lose their shit at the fact a white actress is dating a black athlete but don't really acknowledge the millions of white men with asian women or white men with hispanic/black/other women. But one white woman with a black guy blows their mind.

I don't get it. If you don't want to date outside your race, fine. But why get upset if others find love outside their race or whatever?

Ivan 3414

Yo.

I'm not trying to be that guy who calls out all the shitty, offensive posts because I'll just end up looking like an uptight "no fun allowed" guy.

But it looks like I'm going to be that guy.

That was a shitty-ass post.

It's disheartening to know that "jungle fever" is still a term that is actively used to describe interracial relationships. Being attracted to black people should not have the same descriptors as the fucking West Nile Virus.

I didn't know who either of these people were, but it was obvious as soon as I saw their picture what this thread would be about.

I'm not sure if this question can be answered without going down a very, very dark road.

Either way, both groups have their own reasoning for why. Personally I have no idea. Maybe you could point to music?

EDIT: It's amazing that as I make that post, a topic for an album called "White Women" pops up.

Slayven

Why give them the hits or satisfaction and read their thoughts? They're probably all writing shit about more propaganda by Hollywood, brainwashing whites blah blah.

They're so misogynistic too. Lose their shit at the fact a white actress is dating a black athlete but don't really acknowledge the millions of white men with asian women or white men with hispanic/black/other women. But one white woman with a black guy blows their mind.

I don't get it. If you don't want to date outside your race, fine. But why get upset if others find love outside their race or whatever?

Cause they are hilarious and to see their minds work is fascinating.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Ratchets.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Black chicks are scary, obviously. Just look at the spice girls. They didn't call the ginger Scary Spice.

Opiate

media perception + where there's smoke, etc. White men dating black women is never any kind of issue. He's just 'enlightened' and 'progressive'. But he's still a white Master of the Universe, so who's gonna say shit?

I'm not sure I follow this. Are you saying that because white man/black woman is considered permissible, it's actually nearly 3x less common? That seems unlikely, to me, as a primary motivator.

What do you mean by "where there's smoke, there's fire?"

What are the statistics? Wikipedia isn't being very clear in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_relationships#Demographics_of_ethnoracial_admixture page

Odrion

Banned
The first thing that came to mind was their size difference (man, how do they even kiss?.) The second thing that came to mind is that she kinda looks like Nicole Ray.

http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2010.html

Married couples of white women / black men: ~390,000
Married couples of white men / black women: ~168,000

This makes the latter only ~2.5x more common rather than 3x more common.

It's because white women are overwhelmingly sexualized, idealized in mainstream culture much more so than black women whereas black women are really only given the same treatment in black culture.

I'm looking forward to a full and public explanation as to what this statement means.
My research indicates that the best indicator is a woman who wears streetwear-friendly hightops. From what I can tell, she originally wore converse chuck taylors, and now sports adidas, supra, and nike. A pretty apparent shift.

You're just making me more curious.

See, way I see it is this - you're going to have each side saying one thing or another. Many of the reasons given are often inflammatory and harmful on their own - the black men want subservience, black women are ignorant, black men have bought into the indicators of white success, black women are often obnoxious, etc.

I've heard a lot of this over the years, from various sources. Beyond that, I don't really have an answer to that question. So it's more of a warning that the reasoning given for the phenomenon he wants described can easily turn ugly.

Madness

http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hh-fam/cps2010.html

Married couples of white women / black men: ~390,000
Married couples of white men / black women: ~168,000

This makes the latter only ~2.5x more common rather than 3x more common.

Someone made a table of the statistics on Wikipedia from that census. Showed that there are more white husband/asian wife, white husband/hispanic-other wife, and hispanic-other husband/white wife marriages than black husband/white wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom