• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Soule, composer of Elder Scrolls soundtrack, has been accused of rape by Nathalie Lawhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhysser

Banned
You are mistaking me for someone:

How is asking "when was that" an objection?

I'm not confusing you :) I'm specifically choosing climate change because I know you support it, and then mounting whack-a-mole type of challenges to make a point of the effort it would take you to address it.

For example, you are saying "But cleopatra was a thing and most men couldn't vote." But despite that being true (like the sunspots), really the fact is that political and economic power has been dominated by males (not every single male on the planet but males nontheless) for the entirety of human history, whether it's at the state level for some males, or at the household level for others, so it's no surprise that women have been behind.

You're citing a study about preference in toys, which amounts to a strawman since no one is saying there are no sex-specific differences - instead people are saying that this explains a much smaller amount of the variance than is observed in choices. The reality is again, that society has and continues to give women fewer choices than men, despite the fact that they may ALSO, in aggregate, have different preferences.

For this reason, attempting to address this would derail the entire thread. I'm happy to have the conversation, but we'll have to do it in a different thread. Feel free to make one.

Now I'd like to get this thread back to talking about how horrible raping people is, and how great it is that women are finally feeling strong enough to come forward in the new #MeToo environmnet, before I accidentally derail the thread and get banned :)

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
I'm telling ppl on the other site stop jumping to condemn ppl and omg lol the chorus is insane, they are all sjw bots. It's so sad and frightening.
Innocent until proven guilty?
Evidence-based judgement?
Surely, you jest.
Send the bastard to the gallows, ASAP. Law and Justice be damned.
We're going full Machiavellian up in this bitch.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Innocent until proven guilty?
Evidence-based judgement?
Surely, you jest.
Send the bastard to the gallows, ASAP. Law and Justice be damned.
We're going full Machiavellian up in this bitch.

Bro I got banned a week lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 all bcus I was telling ppl thy shouldn't jump to conclusions. Another dude was telling me I was defe ding the guilty lol another that I don't need to see proof to know who's guilty. That site is insane. Very toxic omg.

The ban said "dismissing rape allegations and antagonizing" All my posts stated tht ppl should be neutral and not jump to affirm or deny innocence. I also told them tht the site is very clickish and if you don't go by the status quo your automatically wrong.

Last edited:
Aside from all the people accusing of him being a creep, you guys are aware he basically ripped people off with a failed Kickstarter symphony (over $100,000) that ended with him just releasing a few demos, and nothing close to what he originally promised?

He also had a online store DirectSong that he eventually shut down due to people not getting orders.

He also leaked the news of the death of film composer James Horner as he was friends with a family member who shared they did not want anyone to say anything until they were ready. He leaked it anyway.

He seems to essentially be either retired or exiled from the game business having done nothing in a long long time. His rep professionally and personally is being challenged. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Sybrix

I got banned from 'the other place' for arguing a case for Ronaldo when the rape stuff hit the news...

Again in this case, facts need to be determined, no one guilty until proved otherwise

That was the smart thing to do honestly, guilty or not.
Yep. If he is genuinely innocent, what's to be gained from going back and forth with a bunch of screeching idiots who have already decided he's guilty. Delete twitter, seek legal advice. Not necessarily in that order.

Aside from all the people accusing of him being a creep, you guys are aware he basically ripped people off with a failed Kickstarter symphony (over $100,000) that ended with him just releasing a few demos, and nothing close to what he originally promised?

He also had a online store DirectSong that he eventually shut down due to people not getting orders.

He also leaked the news of the death of film composer James Horner as he was friends with a family member who shared they did not want anyone to say anything until they were ready. He leaked it anyway.

He seems to essentially be either retired or exiled from the game business having done nothing in a long long time. His rep professionally and personally is being challenged. Coincidence?

Holy shit! You just inadvertently solved this entire debacle. Jeremy and Zoe are both in on this together! It is obvious, they both have failed kickstarters that have scammed people for thousands of dollars and they're both in the "industry". How could we have missed this the whole time?!? Zoe Quinn and Jeremy Soule are conspiring together to fleece both the left AND right of their precious dollars!

NqbhBgQh.jpg

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Bro I got banned a week lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 all bcus I was telling ppl thy shouldn't jump to conclusions. Another dude was telling me I was defe ding the guilty lol another that I don't need to see proof to know who's guilty. That site is insane. Very toxic omg.

The ban said "dismissing rape allegations and antagonizing" All my posts stated tht ppl should be neutral and not jump to affirm or deny innocence. I also told them tht the site is very clickish and if you don't go by the status quo your automatically wrong.

Why even attempt? I wouldn't even bother.

That's like walking into a Klan meeting and going guys everyone calm down, let's not be racist now. They aren't gonna go "You know, Bob here makes a good point, let's quit the Klan and go be progressive."

Rhysser

Banned
Why even attempt? I wouldn't even bother.

That's like walking into a Klan meeting and going guys everyone calm down, let's not be racist now. They aren't gonna go "You know, Bob here makes a good point, let's quit the Klan and go be progressive."

It's always worth while to break echo chambers. It's never to convince the people you are arguing with, but the less fossilized onlookers watching from the sidelines can indeed be convinced.

Last edited:

llien

...the fact is that political and economic power has been dominated by males...
I don't know, what "dominating economic power" even means, let alone that "economic power" centuries ago applied to a handful of individuals.

Queen Victoria wasn't even the first British queen to rule the empire.
The second biggest empire in the world, Russia, was ruled by:

O5XtHKp.png

mm, ok, never mind, I don't want to guess person's gender, nor do I want to jump to "economic power" discussion, before figuring the original question.

You're citing a study about preference in toys, which amounts to a strawman since no one is saying there are no sex-specific differences...
Surely, if any gender gap is explained by oppression, there couldn't be any.
Regardless, you missed the point: it was GIRLS choosing boyly toys, despite what parents wanted them too. The only unusual thing for those girls was exposure to testosterone. It is an astounding example in "cultural" vs "nature" debate.

society has and continues to give women fewer choices than men
I don't think so, I can't, for example choose to be "stay at home dad". Regardless, would you mind not jumping to yet another subject?

Any chance of getting an answer to "when was that" ?

Last edited:
Yeah that's kinda fishy.
How do you guys know his just starting work on the soundtrack? That work usually doesn't start until the game is fairly fleshed out, so the composer has something to base it on. Afaik, TESVI prosuction is still very very early according to todd, and will be until Starfield releases.

CDiggity

Mr Soule has swiftly deleted his Twitter. Not the best look of an innocent person optically.

You would be surprised how many people fail the "the only thing you need to do is nothing" test. Remove all temptation to comment on accusations, lest you incriminate yourself further.

Looking at you Prince Andrew.

Last edited:
I don't know, what "dominating economic power" even means, let alone that "economic power" centuries ago applied to a handful of individuals.

O5XtHKp.png

mm, ok, never mind, I don't want to guess person's gender, nor do I want to jump to "economic power" discussion, before figuring the original question.

Regardless, you missed the point: it was GIRLS choosing boyly toys, despite what parents wanted them too. The only unusual thing for those girls was exposure to testosterone. It is an astounding example in "cultural" vs "nature" debate.

I don't think so, I can't, for example choose to be "stay at home dad". Regardless, would you mind not jumping to yet another subject?

I don't know where you are from, but as a Norwegian, I can be a stay at home dad. I also have an American who is a stay at home dad.

Rhysser

Banned

O5XtHKp.png

It's very tempting to, but I'm going to resist continuing this conversation in this thread about a different topic :)

oagboghi2

I totally agree. Generally, in the vast majority of cases, even with evidence people who do this face no consequences and the evidence is sweeped under the rug and behind process. If only the evidence-based legal processes actually worked, people wouldn't have to rely on twitter.

Until we get to that state, I guess it's twitter or nothing.
It's amazing how full of shit you and people like you are.

You compalain about not being taken seriously when these type of claims come up, so you can't possibly turn to police, but then encourage people to use social media to harass strangers based off no proof.

You think you have the right to drag people through the mud. You're disgusting

God Enel

Uhmm.. when you’ve been raped why uhmm.. dont you just go to.. you know.. the police?! Am i missing something nowadays? Why are you talking about it on twitter. Isn’t that like something you want to keep private more or less and later talk about it or not?

I’m not in the rape game so I‘m sorry if I‘m not up to date.

Barnabot

Nathalie has the proof of emails were being exchanged, proof of that she did crunch for job and she wanted to get paid.

Nathalie has the proof she was fired by her CEO by email.

Nathalie has the proof that she asked to get paid for some work she did before getting fired by the CEO and the CEO replied her back that the company is not gonna pay her for the las job because he said that she delivered something they didn't want instead.

Nathalie has the proof that she had emailed the CEO telling him that didn't enjoy working with everybody in the company they were unprofessional and inneficient.

I'll try to continue reading this long ass text of her after. And I'll let you know if I could find the smoking gun..

つづく

DonF

I can't believe someone defines "they self" seriously as non binary and Bi...
Yes, im a vegan, yes i eat meat, we exist.

also, wow. I hope that Bethesda don't just fire the guy right away and do their due diligence.

Starfield

Instead of going to social media people should go to the police. If someone robbed my house and I saw who done it, I wouldn’t waste my time complaining about it on Twitter, I would go to the cops.
unless you wanna make money out of it and gain some kind of weird fame

Three

I'm sorry you don't like when rape victims who were too busy being forcibly raped to pull out their evidence collection kit are still able to gather the courage to to speak up about it anyway.
"I don’t have courage to go to the police so I'll just hang out with him instead"

oagboghi2

I'm sorry you don't like when rape victims who were too busy being forcibly raped to pull out their evidence collection kit are still able to gather the courage to to speak up about it anyway.
There is this thing called DNA. You don't need a collection kit to go to the police.

Keep on trying to spin her shitty behavior as a positive though. So far in this thread you stood in support of accusations with no evidence and public witchhunting. You're a fucking disgrace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom