• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio coming to xbla/psn? Very fake, hype threat level: Green.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Himuro said:
From the xbla thread, but it deserves its own topic.

If they bring over Shenmue, I could finally retire my dreamcast.

WANT. NEED. WANT. NEED. WANT. NEED. WANT. NEED.

PLEASE DON'T FUCK IT UP, SEGA. (Oh who the hell am I kidding, you WILL fuck it up)

Wario64 said:
Who has a french x360? See if it says Jeu or Jeux. The validity of this image depends on one letter dammit.
I set my Xbox to French (Canada French) to see

Afterburner Climax
Jeux Xbox Live Arcade

Just Cause 2 Demo
Démo du jeu

Bayonetta
Jeu Xbox 360

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
reminder said:
Shouldn't it be "Demo de Jeux Xbox Live Arcade"? I think it's fake. Maybe only an edited picture from the Crazy Taxi leak? I don't know. I don't expect this to be true...
Well, I'm no good at French but Jeu does also mean game (But seems to be used to describe an action, i.e playing tennis etc), so that may not be incorrect.
gutter_trash said:
I set my Xbox to French (Canada French) to see

Afterburner Climax
Jeux Xbox Live Arcade

Just Cause 2 Demo
Démo du jeu

Bayonetta
Jeu Xbox 360
Edit: Or, that.

Varth

Didn't Sega state that it was going to focus more on downloadable games from now on? It would make sense to start with the rich DC archive.

Rapstah

"Démo de jeu Xbox Live Arcade" is gramatically correct though, "Démo du jeu" would be "Demo of the game" which is slightly wrong in the context (Demo of the Xbox Live Arcade game?).

EDIT: GODDAMN É

EDIT 2: Stop arguing, what it says in the picture is exactly the text string the 360 has for XBLA demos in French. Real game demos would be different ("demo of the game").

pakkit

Banned
I want a new Jet Set Radio. :|

It should be based off of 90s rap and electronica and the environments would pulse/morph to the music.

Ten-Song

If it's real, I assume it'll be the US soundtrack, and it'll be just as bad as the shitty Backbone port of Sonic Adventure. Because the idea of a proper port of Jet Set Radio to XBLA would be great, therefor Sega has to fuck it up profoundly in some way. So I hope you all enjoy listening to Dragula and Just Got Wicked again...

time to update the list of games that need 360/XBLA rereleases before I can get rid of dreamcast!

Phantasy Star Online
Shenmue 1
Typing of the Dead
Virtual On
Crazy Taxi
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Hydro Thunder
Jet Grind Radio

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
French grammar 101:

Nouns are either masculine or feminine.

If a noun is masculine, you would use "du" referring to it.
If a noun is feminine, you would use "de la" referring to it.
If a noun is plural, you would use "des" referring to it.

You would never use just "de" referring to a noun.

The literal translation of what's on the screen is "Demo of Xbox Arcade Game".

I can't speak to if Partnernet is grammatically correct or not, but the grammar in the original post is incorrect.

Stop It said:
Well, I'm no good at French but Jeu does also mean game (But seems to be used to describe an action, i.e playing tennis etc), so that may not be incorrect.

Edit: Or, that.
I added Bayonetta in my edit since it was disk based game

Rapstah

Stumpokapow said:
French grammar 101:

I can't speak to if Partnernet is grammatically correct or not, but the grammar in the original post is incorrect.
You're posting genitive case rules. The grammar in the picture is an indirect reference.

Dresden said:
Oh, man. Loins have been wet.

Also--Typing of the Dead for five bucks on Steam. Come on Sega~

Oh yeah, I always ask for this. But they never listen.

Steam, XBLA, PSN, Wii Ware.... they all support USB keyboards Sega!!!

Ataturk

Stumpokapow said:
French grammar 101:

I dunno, "nom de Dieu" is definitely a phrase. Maybe that's an exception though...

ampere

The 'Jet Set Radio' icon looks fake. Look at the way the white meets the rest of the screen.

edit: Well actually it doesn't look that bad. Maybe I don't believe it and am looking for things to justify it being fake :lol ...

Sad_Panda

The whole "Démo de Jeu Xbox LIVE Arcade" bit is indeed grammaticaly correct. And that's exactly how it's written on a 360 set to French, too.
Screen seems a little fake, though. 300G for Trials HD ? Isn't the current limit 250G for Arcade games ?

Rapstah

Himuro said:
What looks fake about the icon isn't the white, but the logo itself. It's not sharp, when the rest of the image is sharp. In fact, it looks shrunk down in size and distorted a bit.
Does that have to mean the image is edited? Could just be a placeholder image file with the wrong size on the actual system.

ampere

Himuro said:
What looks fake about the icon isn't the white, but the logo itself. It's not sharp, when the rest of the image is sharp. In fact, it looks shrunk down in size and distorted a bit.
Yeah I guess that's what set me off about it.
Still want this to be true, but not so sure

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This news

it made me ejaculate

Looks like it's time to go back to my old avatar. All we need now is Power Stone.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Xater said:
Probably fake. Sega rarely makes sound decisions.
It'd be nice if we could get some sort of temporary moratorium on the "GOD SEGA WHAT A BUNCH OF KNOW-NOTHING JACKASSES WHO NEVER DO ANYTHING GOOD" meme within, like, the very same week they put out something awesome like After Burner Climax.

tokkun

Stumpokapow said:

So what about all those entries that say 'Extension de jeu' and 'Video de jeux' in the original image?

Or this image from Google Image Search:
00687356-photo-console-microsoft-xbox-360.jpg

O-o
I've just increased my hype level from "Blackwatch" Plaid to "the cover of Rush seminal album 'Moving pictures'"

I still have it and my Dreamcast, but I would love to play an HD port.

Great news. I've been wanting JGR on XBLA for a long time now, so this better be real!

S1kkZ said:
phantasy star online (dc version) with xbl support please.

This would be great, but I doubt Sega wants to compete with themselves (PSU). Everyone would just switch over to the superior game!

LQX

Instant buy even if it is a shitty port. I can finally fucking sell my Dreamcast and games if true. This game and MvC was the only real reason I have held on to it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Az987 said:
Lol, awesome! and I just bought this off ebay the other day. Woo
For how much? Amazon sells it new for $17, and 3rd party Amazon sellers for about $11.
Shaheed79 said:
Who cares about Jet Set Radio? Now if you were talking about Jet GRIND Radio then I would be excited.
You mean De La Jet Set Radio right?

Top Bottom