• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JeuxVideo.fr reports that I Am Alive is 2011, DD (XBLA/PSN) only

geebee

Banned
Menelaus said:
Still hilarious to this day.. but only from knowing how upset she got over it. What the hell were Ubi's marketers thinking with Assassin's Creed? I'm still wanting to try I Am Alive.

soultron

Banned
So much Jade Raymond hate in this thread. Still baffles me. She's a smart individual who holds a degree in Computer Science. She did her share of programming jobs before she moved into project management. Not part of the Jade Raymond defence force or anything, but some people are pretty ignorant of facts about her.

As for the game, I'm still excited for it. I can see why it's taken so long; seems like a very ambitious project that would be very hard to get out of the conceptual phase. I'm sure they've looked at games like Disaster Report and decided they wanted to do something different. I'm starting to think that it might take a Disaster Report-esque route now that it's DD as opposed to a full retail product. Here's hoping it's decent!

exwallst

Even if she contributed nothing to the game, it was smart promotion on Ubi's part. And I'd argue that she contributed more creatively to AC than, for example, Kirsten Dunst did to Spider Man but no one seems to complain about how Dunst promoted the movie. That's why film producers pay actors, to promote not to act.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
geebee said:
Still hilarious to this day.. but only from knowing how upset she got over it. What the hell were Ubi's marketers thinking with Assassin's Creed? I'm still wanting to try I Am Alive.
No, it's disrespectful. I'm sure Jade wasn't shrugging that off with a chuckle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
LiquidMetal14 said:
No, it's disrespectful. I'm sure Jade wasn't shrugging that off with a chuckle.

She was pretty upset by it, if I recall correctly.

SenkiDala

Have you seen that the story about XBLA/PSN port of I Am Still Alive was a joke? (if you watch the video, and you are French, like me, it's obvious it's a joke) But from this NeoGAF thread, it spreads to many major websites (even French ones...) like a "real" thing.

So YES that was a (bad maybe) JOKE.

Link of the news: http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/jeux/i-am-a...e-raymond-web-mondial-bateau-actu-394728.html

Most of people here are probably unable to read French, but, I can tell you it was a joke. You can try the (awful) google translate website...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When I heard it (I'm Canadian, did 10+ years of french in school, practice occasionally), I took both the statement that I Am Alive is DD and the fact that he got it from Jade Raymond as being factual, although he was joking about the circumstances with his previous line riffing off the fact that the interviewer guy joking asked him "What was the information you got and under what circumstances did you get it?" in sort of an interrogating voice and then pushed the microphone right up in his face.

So apparently the true story is that the game is DD only but he didn't get it from Jade Raymond and the whole sentence was a joke.

BadSanta

Ha ha. I'm really amused about the proportions of the affair! I just want to emphasize the fact that the original thread title never stated it was Jade Raymond's opinion. It has been modified by a moderator (I guess it's you Stumpokapow).
I probably should have warn you that the part about JR was not so serious, but you're not absolutely wrong, it can be misinterpreted easily. They're obviously joking when they talk about her, but they're not clear about the source at the same time.
The real news (DD and release date) was there and that was all that matters to me. I never imagined it will go that far, and at the moment, I'm too busy finishing my own game to spend my time on this kind of details. Sorry.

Why does the Disaster themed games have so many problems. Like Disaster Day of Crisis never arriving to the US.

Its a pity because as and european and a fan of disaster movies I have to say is a FANTASTIC and very fun game. Very tongue in cheek and with lots of parodies about Hollywood's disaster and action movies.

Shiggy

If this games was still under active development, I expect this to be cancelled now. Otherwise there could be a huge media backlash as with Six Days in Fallujah.

riverbank_11eedu.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Shiggy said:
If this games was still under active development, I expect this to be cancelled now. Otherwise there could be a huge media backlash as with Six Days in Fallujah.
What? Why?

Unless the game is coming out a week after a disaster, it's a non-issue.

People don't remain sensitive to these things for more than a week or so.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Technically, it wasn't actually a natural disaster in this game — it was man-made (or alien-made, maybe), though I imagine Ubi might've changed that.

…or not, the game still inexplicably takes place in Chicago.

Top Bottom