• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Job just hired a fat ass security guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul

You just won GAF Asshole of the Year 2009

and I'm not even fat. seriously, you are a fucktard

Hari Seldon

NintendosBooger said:
So, basically, you were useless and just taking the company's money?

Yeah nothing ever happened for the entire summer, so I was just getting paid to read/play video games. At least I didn't fall asleep like the other old guys who did the job.

BattleMonkey said:
Security guards have very little power or legal ability to do anything. Even if it was some crazy ex navy seal mofo, he would still be held back with little power other than being able to watch and go "halt".

Security is generally nothing more than a person who watches out for stuff and be present as a deterrent visually. Something happens, they have to call actual authorities.
Ever heard of a citizen's arrest?

andycapps

Revolutionary said:

That never happens outside of TV. And he's right, a security guard can't touch you in most states. They can't do anything except tell you to do something and then call the cops if you don't do it.

Revolutionary said:

Citizen's arrest is the funniest thing in the world. Best way to get your ass beat or sued. Majority of security jobs are strictly forbidden to do anything other than say "stop". Any gear they have on them for security purposes is merely self defense. Even armed security with guns are not allowed to draw their weapon ever unless their own life is on the line, they are not police and to have a gun is merely for self protection, and to scare people away. Most security services and those in commercial locations have no weaponry other than maybe a walkie talkie.

It's a surveillance job really, not a private police force.

andycapps said:
That never happens outside of TV. And he's right, a security guard can't touch you in most states. They can't do anything except tell you to do something and then call the cops if you don't do it.
That's funny, because I work security and I've taken down one person with a citizen's arrest a few years ago.

It's generally not advisable to attempt one, but if you witness someone committing a felony, you have every right to do so (which is why I did it and was not hit with any legal action).

My point, though, was that security guards are hardly power/helpless at moments like that.

AVclub

blah blah, criticize work stuff, blah blah, display bad judgement, blah blah, say something politically incorrect, blah blah, righteous indignation, blah.

There, just copy and paste the above any time you feel like making a thread, Nintendobooger. It pretty much encapsulates your entire shtick: Sour, unfunny, angry guy.

BTW: I bet that security guard gets paid more than you and is better liked by your coworkers. Stew on that for a bit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I came in expecting Steve Jobs. I'm leaving disappointed (but this dude seems to make a shit ton of Job related threads to gain a longer title. :|)

It probably involves a new insurance policy, they probably have to have some sort physical security to be able to collect it and he was the cheapest around.

Oh wait a booger topic, nevermind my post then, not like he's even going to read it because he sees his reflection in the mirror and can't look away.

AVclub said:
blah blah, criticize work stuff, blah blah, display bad judgement, blah blah, say something politically incorrect, blah blah, righteous indignation, blah.

There, just copy and paste the above any time you feel like making a thread, Nintendobooger. It pretty much encapsulates your entire shtick: Sour, unfunny, angry guy.

BTW: I bet that security guard gets paid more than you and is better liked by your coworkers. Stew on that for a bit.

He doesn't. And neither do you. How does that make you feel, kid?

livestOne

Makes sense really, nobody who trains hard to make it into law enforcement and actually want's to protect people aspires to be a security guard in an office building, only riff-raff need apply (No offense to the fat ass security guards who post on GAF)

Revolutionary said:
That's funny, because I work security and I've taken down one person with a citizen's arrest a few years ago.

It's generally not advisable to attempt one, but if you witness someone committing a felony, you have every right to do so (which is why I did it and was not hit with any legal action).

My point, though, was that security guards are hardly power/helpless at moments like that.

The law varies per state on such matters, but any person when allowed to can attempt to stop a felony under right conditions, though at same time their are legal ramifications involved with attempting to stop a felony and problems that occur. People have been sued and arrested before for attempting to help out only to cause more damage or get other people injured in the process.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
NintendosBooger said:

how much? Kind of pointless to just make vague claims...

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Wonder how hard it is to be a security guard. Been out of work for a while and this doesn't sound like a bad gig.

Ceres

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
Oh wait a booger topic, nevermind my post then, not like he's even going to read it because he sees his reflection in the mirror and can't look away.

Oh shit. NB is real life Patrick Bateman! It all makes so much sense now. *Waits for topic bitching about someone's business card being better than his own*

fistfulofmetal said:
does he get a chair? you should give him a chair. i bet his feet hurt. someone should get him a chair

I was tempted to make that reference but I knew someone eventually would.

FunBoy

I agree with the OP entirely. I have the unfornate displeasure of working with a guy thats 29st and is the most annoying person in the world. IE cant shut up about Middlesborough FC and its rivals Newcastle and Sunderland. Skints like Sh*t 90% percent of the time even more so if he has to do any type of pyshical exersion.

Whistles and sings to himself like a mix between drowning cat and a a small boy making random fart noises.

/rant

AVclub

NintendosBooger said:
:lol Too bad I have your laundry, asshole! Did you really think paying me only $.50 to watch it was going to end well? I'm homeless and I need food and money. I'm not going to be a slave to some pompous douche with a couple of spare quarters. After you flipped your change in my direction, I contemplated waiting around to jump you and throw you a beating AFTER you folded those clothes for me, but as bad as I smelled, I didn't want to get the scent of douchebag on me as well.

Enjoy your misery, you tool! I'm wearing your underpants right now as I sit her pissing myself. :lol

Mudkips

Banned
FunBoy said:
I agree with the OP entirely. I have the unfornate displeasure of working with a guy thats 29st and is the most annoying person in the world. IE cant shut up about Middlesborough FC and its rivals Newcastle and Sunderland. Skints like Sh*t 90% percent of the time even more so if he has to do any type of pyshical exersion.

Whistles and sings to himself like a mix between drowning cat and a a small boy making random fart noises.

/rant

Holy shit it took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant.
I thought you were working with someone who literally was 29th street in your city. Like, he was the actual street.

You Brits. Always claiming the metric system is superior and lolling at us for not using it.
But I'm on to you. You still measure shit in stones and hogsheads when we're not looking!

Protip: 29 stone = 406 pounds.

FunBoy said:

/rant

Sounds like this asshole at work. Fat people have their place in the job market, it just shouldn't be at something that might require rapid movement. My opinion of this company just went down a few notches as a result of this hire.

slider

Ignoring the value of "fat people" (wtf!) do you really think a security guard is anything more than a presentational thing? Unless you're working at a Gov. facility or for someone like Controlled Risks the dude isn't gonna risk his life for anything in that building.

Still, as you kind of say, presentationally it's pretty shitty.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NintendosBooger said:
Sounds like this asshole at work. Fat people have their place in the job market, it just shouldn't be at something that might require rapid movement. My opinion of this company just went down a few notches as a result of this hire.
Well where the hell do you work that you need an ex-marine guarding the entrance? (honest question)

Mudkips

Banned
NintendosBooger said:

Then quit.
You're in a low level position anyway.
Everyone hates you.
All the brown nosing won't get you anywhere.

You're little plan to climb the corporate ladder and make the big bucks?
Not gonna happen.

You're a peon with delusions of grandeur.

Dude, pretty much all these guys are fat. Their jobs is not to chase down criminals and tackle them. They serve more as a deterrent and a witness.

You seem to have a history of creating threads complaining about non issues.

mernst23

1. Take pictures of him like the guy did with the buffet guy
2. Post on GAF
3. Feed your attention whoring some more, assuming security guard exists (probably doesn't)

chubigans said:
Well where the hell do you work that you need an ex-marine guarding the entrance? (honest question)

You don't need to be an ex-Marine, but I'd expect someone that looks fit and can handle himself. A security guard needs to possess attributes that would excite respect and sometimes fear, and none of these come to play when I look at this person. Honestly, I really don't even want him to talk to me.

Mudkips said:
Then quit.
You're in a low level position anyway.
Everyone hates you.
All the brown nosing won't get you anywhere.

You're little plan to climb the corporate ladder and make the big bucks?
Not gonna happen.

You're a peon with delusions of grandeur.

And who are you? What personal experience have compelled you to come to that assessment? Your name is Mudkips and you have a Pokemon avatar. Buzz off if you have nothing constructive to say, little Pokemon boy. GO CATCH EM ALL.

slider

NintendosBooger said:
You don't need to be an ex-Marine, but I'd expect someone that looks fit and can handle himself. A security guard needs to possess attributes that would excite respect and sometimes fear, and none of these come to play when I look at this person. Honestly, I really don't even want him to talk to me.

Whilst we don't know exactly what this dude looks like sometimes employers are wary of hiring very intimidating or "military" looking guys. Again, presentationally, it's the wrong image.

But it's all about degrees.

Blackface

Banned
roynelson.jpg

roy_nelson_3.jpg

17916-200932136490.Roy%20Nelson.jpg

But honestly, I assume by your post that this guy is probably 500 pounds. In which case, you will probably end up getting robbed and shot to death.

Leunam

NintendosBooger said:
And who are you? What personal experience have compelled you to come to that assessment? Your name is Mudkips and you have a Pokemon avatar. Buzz off if you have nothing constructive to say, little Pokemon boy. GO CATCH EM ALL.

Your name is NintendosBooger. I wouldn't cast stones.

bigosc2k

Banned
Dude my job hired this fat chick to be part of LP which is basically security during the day time, and this bitch uses a cane so she can get some help getting around. So like a four or five months ago we had a sale on $20 pot and pan set that was usually $80. My manager got decked in the face when she was trying to have two customer calm down but when you have customers getting ready to fight each other you never get in between customers, but this fatass of an LP lady stood there and didn't even attempt to help her LP buddies carry the customer out of the store, hell the LP guy asked me to help him since she was too much of a lazy ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom